PDA

View Full Version : Headache at back of head?

dohertpk
06-01-20, 12:52
Does anyone else get a weird headache at the back of their head? It feels like tightness or pulling. I'm also getting tingling on my scalp and the occasional shooting pain.

Midnight-mouse
06-01-20, 13:18
Does anyone else get a weird headache at the back of their head? It feels like tightness or pulling. I'm also getting tingling on my scalp and the occasional shooting pain.

Unfortunately I get them too. I’ve found them either to be a tension type headache or related to neck/shoulder tension or pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dohertpk
06-01-20, 13:46
It's absolutely bizarre - I've never had anything like it. It started a few weeks ago after an aborted attempt to increase my dose of lexapro.

Midnight-mouse
06-01-20, 13:49
It's absolutely bizarre - I've never had anything like it. It started a few weeks ago after an aborted attempt to increase my dose of lexapro.

It’s likely a tension/stress response then, definitely check your posture and tension your holding in your back/shoulders. I imagine it will pass in time, I’ve had these things linger well over a month when I’ve been in a bad place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorryRaptor
06-01-20, 17:14
Sounds a lot like muscle tension. Do you sit in front of a computer a lot? Do you crane your neck downwards to read your phone for a long time? The head is super heavy and the muscles work hard to keep it up all day, so if you're at any kind of an uncomfortable angle, they start tensing up and creating all kinds of pain and sensations back there. It can irritate nerves there too, which can cause scalp tingling, shooting pains and a squeezing, heavy feeling in the head too. It can even go down to your shoulder blades. See if your posture is less than ideal and make some changes to ensure you're not putting lots of pressure on your neck :)