PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious scratch, now cold symptoms

golddustgirl1000
06-01-20, 17:02
Hello Everyone,

A month ago I was outside photographing a family and stepped back into a mulchy area around a tree- cause I was too close. I didn’t notice till late at night when I was driving but my ankle started itching and it was painful.

I got home to notice a sore red line with multiple dots/ chunks 2 close together and a few others apart on the same line. It was itchy and sore for a few days- didn’t help when I would wear socks as it was right on ankle line...

4 days ago- I started to have a mild sore throat which has developed into a cough... it’s lingering and I can’t talk without coughing.... of course you can guess my fear... what if that scratch was rabies and this is the beginning? I have no other symptoms except post nasal drip and runny nose- along with sore throat from coughing. I am starting to feel a weird / tight / tingling sensation in my throat ....

Help!

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 06:47
Anyone? I can’t stop coughing.

Carys
07-01-20, 08:06
If you can't stop coughing then go to the doctor and get them to check your throat to see whats going on and if its a virus or something that needs antibiotic treatment. Not sure why you would put together a scratch from some undergrowth at ankle line with rabies ?

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 11:49
Because you don’t always know when you’ve been scratched by a bat and this scratch appeared out of nowehere after I was outside...

I’ve now been up all night with chills and night sweats.... I’m really panicking and feel a huge sense of doom.

BlueIris
07-01-20, 11:50
Pretty sure bats don't hang out at ground level much.

Carys
07-01-20, 11:54
....ever.

Fishmanpa
07-01-20, 12:00
There are a few here that have had rabies so often that they should all get together and donate blood and tissue samples to help eradicate the disease... Ohh wait, with very few exceptions worldwide, that's already happened :whistles:

Positive thoughts

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 12:21
... I know they don’t but they just found a bat on the ground outside a very large , busy department store 6 miles from me a few months ago.... so I mean if they had rabies they would.

I just don’t understand why a scratch would have the tingling when it first happened.... I tried to write it off and not think about it- which I didn’t, but now that I’ve been getting progressively worse for 4 days I can’t help but think what if this is the beginning of it...

BlueIris
07-01-20, 12:25
Getting scratches and getting colds are both very common occurrences. Getting rabies really isn't.

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 13:20
How is it that I’m getting all the symptoms in order then...

BlueIris
07-01-20, 13:55
Because these are all very common things to have. Why are you being hostile when I'm trying to set your mind at ease?

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 14:04
I’m not trying to.. really I’m
Not-
Ice just been up
Ever hour of the night ( it’s now 6am ) drenched in sweat and chills...

BlueIris
07-01-20, 14:08
Sounds like flu; it's horrible but it'll pass.

The scratch is totally coincidental, I promise. For what it's worth, I had a Lyme disease scare this year where even an emergency telephone service thought I had it, and it turned out to just be an insect bite gone bad. Chances are, you haven't even been bitten.

Carys
07-01-20, 14:15
If you genuinely believe you are ill, and that it is something you genuinely can't explain...then contact your PCP today. Only a doctor can make a proper assessement and it sounds like whatever we say you are drawing a conclusion linking the two.

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 14:50
Uh I’m praying it is.. it’s just so weird cause they first few days ir seemed like I was getting better... then bam

Carys
07-01-20, 14:56
With a population of over 33 million people, and only between 1 and 3 rabies cases reported annually - I'd say the chances of cold/flu/another virus is exceptionally high. DOn't you think ?

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 15:30
I wish my brain was that rational.... but I always go back to the mysterious scratch- and now I’m super sick... so it’s hard not to

golddustgirl1000
07-01-20, 21:45
Okay I’m trying to be more rational here... it’s now mid day and I feel a little better ( granted I’m on medicines) but doesnt it stand to reason that if this was rabies related it would
Be getting worse? I seem to be worse at night...

Fishmanpa
07-01-20, 23:37
Okay I’m trying to be more rational here... it’s now mid day and I feel a little better ( granted I’m on medicines) but doesnt it stand to reason that if this was rabies related it would Be getting worse? I seem to be worse at night...

YOU answer the question... I'll wait... :whistles:

Positive thoughts