PDA

View Full Version : Crazy dream!?

Dimdim101
07-01-20, 08:31
Okay so like 3 days ago I woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare where my boyfriend had died from tuberculosis (TB). That morning after I had a migraine aura (which I don't get that often), and now 2 days later I have a terrible cough! I know I'm more likely than not reading into this but I'm so anxious now that I have TB or something, as if my dream was a warning.

I sound crazy but I'm so anxious - the cough feels like it's in my lower throat as opposed to my lungs, but I'm still scared. Am I being crazy?

BlueIris
07-01-20, 08:50
Yes, you are. Our dreams reflect our preoccupations, they don't tell the future. As a HA person, unfortunately you're going to be dreaming about illness from time to time.

Dimdim101
07-01-20, 09:36
I suppose... I just hate google. I read about some things which say dreams mean nothing, but other times where people had dreams like this which predicted a disease e.g. brain tumour, and how it's linked to our body's subconscious being able to warn us of these things before we are aware of them. Scary :scared15:

BlueIris
07-01-20, 09:46
If you hate Google then steer clear. Yes, weird stuff can happen but a lot of that is pure coincidence, and chances are it won't happen to you.

ankietyjoe
07-01-20, 09:51
Yeah, if Google is putting you in a place where you even remotely believe dreams can predict the outcome of reality, you really need to avoid Google and try and claim back some sanity.

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-20, 00:23
I suppose... I just hate google. I read about some things which say dreams mean nothing, but other times where people had dreams like this which predicted a disease e.g. brain tumour, and how it's linked to our body's subconscious being able to warn us of these things before we are aware of them. Scary :scared15:

But how many times have they all been wrong?

WorryRaptor
10-01-20, 16:53
The body is smart, but not that smart. I've had intense dreams that I was dying of lung cancer when I was just fighting off the start of a cold :) Sure for a select few it might seem like they predicted something, but that's just good old confirmation bias. If every nightmare came true, then I'd worry, but think of all the bad dreams you've had which never manifested.

wilky44
10-01-20, 17:50
I have bizarre dreams nearly every night. That's all they are. Explain how I thought my sister had an alpaca called Galileo?!! Utterly meaningless and totally bizarre

She hasn't got an alpaca by the way

Sparky16
11-01-20, 02:47
If our dreams came true I'd end up stuck in the same room with my ex-boyfriend and my boss, like the nightmare I had this week! And I'd show up at work with no pants, which has never happened in real life. It's just anxiety making your dreams awful.