PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid and liver function. Feel my anxiety spiralling!!!

Pearly queen
07-01-20, 16:15
I have to speak to my doctor tomorrow re blood results. Specifically my liver and thyroid. I know thyroid can affect liver but it's come as a shock. I suspected my thyroid as being overactive as I feel very jittery, internal vibrations, shaky hands etc. The liver function test I was expecting to be normal as I don't drink. I haven't even had confirmation that it is an overactive thyroid but my symptoms point more to over that under. My daughter is underactive and her treatment is easy to manage but I am worried about mine being overactive. The treatments sound scarier. Anyone had treatment that could put my mind at ease. Waiting is so scary.

Kiko22
08-01-20, 06:37
Thyroid and liver functions are related. My sister is under and had abnormal liver functions since she was 8! A doctor said that he wouldn't give her thyroid medications but to change her diet and go gluten free. Thyroid and liver functions are both normal again. I'm not saying that a diet can cure thyroid but in her case that helped a lot.

Pearly queen
08-01-20, 09:02
Thyroid and liver functions are related. My sister is under and had abnormal liver functions since she was 8! A doctor said that he wouldn't give her thyroid medications but to change her diet and go gluten free. Thyroid and liver functions are both normal again. I'm not saying that a diet can cure thyroid but in her case that helped a lot.
Thankyou for your reply. It has helped. I really hope if my thyroid is anything that it is under rather than over.

Pearly queen
08-01-20, 14:51
I have to speak to my doctor tomorrow re blood results. Specifically my liver and thyroid. I know thyroid can affect liver but it's come as a shock. I suspected my thyroid as being overactive as I feel very jittery, internal vibrations, shaky hands etc. The liver function test I was expecting to be normal as I don't drink. I haven't even had confirmation that it is an overactive thyroid but my symptoms point more to over that under. My daughter is underactive and her treatment is easy to manage but I am worried about mine being overactive. The treatments sound scarier. Anyone had treatment that could put my mind at ease. Waiting is so scary.

UPDATE: Couldn't get a telephone appointment or an actual face to face appointment today. Will have to try again tomorrow!!! I am so stressed, my head feels woozy and weird. Afraid of the unknown. Stressed that this is the nhs and I am powerless to do anything. There is a private gp service not far away but I don't suppose they could access my records and put my mind at rest anyway. They would just have to repeat the bloods at my expense and then charge for a consultation. Sooo frustrating!

Any advice ?