PDA

View Full Version : Tumour shapes and types....please help me from Googling....

scared88
07-01-20, 20:45
I'm in a helliish cycle. Worrying about tumours and I don't want to Google and get even worse. Tumours are usually shaped as a ball and not many centimeters elongated like a muscle?
I'm trying to get in with my doctor soon to alter my meds but in the meantime I need some methods to relax my mind that what I'm feeling can't be a tumour or any sort of a cancer.
Two doctors say it isn't but my brain is still struggling....

Fishmanpa
07-01-20, 23:54
Scared88... with all due respect, this is way over the top. And FYI, I have actual photos of the cancerous nodes removed from my neck and your information concerning shape is not accurate in the least as a tumorous node or other cancerous tumor does not adhere to a particular shape and many factors dictate what would be cancer or not as well as the shape.

I agree that practicing some methods of relaxation would be beneficial. There are scores of posts about meditation, mindfulness and such here and pages of videos on Youtube. Why not take some initiative and do some reading/research? Find something that works for you and share it on the forum.

Positive thoughts

scared88
08-01-20, 01:08
How is it way over the top? RIght now my main worry is that thing in my abdomen....you never obsess about things? Maybe I'm weirder than most that feeling my intestines all of a sudden does cause me to freak out a little .

Fishmanpa
08-01-20, 01:10
How is it way over the top? RIght now my main worry is that thing in my abdomen....you never obsess about things? Maybe I'm weirder than most that feeling my intestines all of a sudden does cause me to freak out a little .

I'm sorry. To you, you have every reason to believe something is wrong. I realize that now.

Positive thoughts

scared88
08-01-20, 01:21
I'm sorry. To you, you have every reason to believe something is wrong. I realize that now.

Positive thoughts

What do you mean?

Fishmanpa
08-01-20, 01:38
What do you mean?

I've pointed this out in other threads. Since you were a teenager, you've feared cancer and your nodes. Close to half your entire life you've feared this yet you're still alive and physically well. What I mean, despite what medical science has proven and the pages of reassurance, advice and reality thrown at you here, you still believe you have some fatal disease. What I mean is that nothing said on an internet forum or elsewhere will help unless you take the steps in real life to change it.

As always, sending...

Positive thoughts

scared88
08-01-20, 23:29
I've pointed this out in other threads. Since you were a teenager, you've feared cancer and your nodes. Close to half your entire life you've feared this yet you're still alive and physically well. What I mean, despite what medical science has proven and the pages of reassurance, advice and reality thrown at you here, you still believe you have some fatal disease. What I mean is that nothing said on an internet forum or elsewhere will help unless you take the steps in real life to change it.

As always, sending...

Positive thoughts

That is true that I have been concerned for a long time and *probably* wouldn't be here now if I had been sick all this time. However, I have had many good years with no worries when my meds have been working. Also, my anxiety isn't always health related, only if my trigger is related to my health. Such as just before xmas when I found that thing in my abdomen I've been talking about. And then being told that it was my colon did raise some additional concerns. Wouldn't it do that to you too?