PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while

bingjam
08-01-20, 12:18
I used to be a very regular poster on this site, and in many ways it helped me so much when I was struggling most with my anxiety.... its been about a year since I actually posted a thread about me.. i lost my mum in november 2018 and I think after I managed to grieve less for her (still do and still miss her tremendously) I think something clicked that I actually only have 1 life, and all i was doing was wasting it worrying about things I had no control over, and since the day that something clicked, it's like all my anxiety and health anxiety and panic attacks just stopped... and I'm finally LIVING!
I'm back doing my job full time and I'm also at college in the evenings doing a college course for children and young peoples mental health, so hoping to get a propper career after my courses have finished to help other people with mental health issues.

venusbluejeans
08-01-20, 18:15
Wow Well done you :) brilliant news, so happy for you :) xxx

Scass
08-01-20, 19:21
Wonderful news. You should be so proud of your achievements- thank you for sharing [emoji3590]

Carys
08-01-20, 20:23
That is fabulous ! I remember when you used to post way back, and you do sound very very different. The 'click' happened and long may it last. It is also fantastic to hear what you are going to be giving back to youngsters with mental health problems, and I'm sure your new found strength and vitality for life will be a huge positive in that field. I do wish that people who need to hear the 'you only get one life and you are wasting it' message would read this post you made.....

Fishmanpa
08-01-20, 23:23
BJam! Wow! It really has been a while. Your post is absolutely brilliant! :) Having seen where you've been to where you are now is just wonderful. You're a testament to the human spirit and it's strength to overcome challenges and adversity. Keep up the great work!

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
09-01-20, 04:36
It's great to hear this positive news. :yesyes::yahoo: Losing a loved one is enough to make anyone end up with the problems we discuss on here all the time but I always think there is no greater testiment than to change from it. Your mum would just want you happy and fighting back to take your life back from mental health problems. You could have sat and suffered but you took control. Your mum would be proud of you and in those moments where you feel grief remember what she taught you about living and moving forward.