PDA

View Full Version : Moodgym

jude
24-01-05, 14:13
I forgot to mention, the GP recommended i visit a website called moodgym. Its an online CBT programme. I had a quick look earlier but haven't come to any conclusion as to what I think of it yet.
Has anyone tried it.
Jude

mico
24-01-05, 18:19
This was posted up a while back http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/

I had a look through it, although I was bored of it after about an hour :D but that's maybe just me. I do think sites like these are a great idea, I hope some of you can get something out of this one.

mico

samjane
24-01-05, 18:39
I had a go last night, and OH MY GOD after an hour i was pulling my hair out, all it give u is stats. i think what they r trying to do is c u r thinking in a negative way [Duh!] it took me 5 mins to understand i had reached the end, i was waiting fo answers but none came lol.

for me a BIG WASTE OF TIME

Every Journey Starts With The First Step

seh1980
24-01-05, 19:08
According to the survey, I'm a complete freak!! :(

camilla
24-01-05, 19:20
im sorry the information moodgym gave me wasnt correct.
especially the first part when they asked me about depression and anxiety. the asked far to few qustions to be able to give you a correct answer.

camilla

mico
24-01-05, 19:25
Not much appraisal for moodgym here then :D. I agree, I just didn't want to be negative about it. Too few (relevant) questions and too few answers. And far too much sifting through really basic information that you really have no desire to do, on my behalf anyway.

Someone might like it though :D

mico

twister
04-02-05, 23:14
My CBT man recommended it but I found it really patronising.....

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

jude
05-02-05, 09:53
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies. I have to agree. I tried it the other night, spent an hour and a half being told how anxious, depressed and negative I am. It made me feel 10 times worse. Maybe I should have stuck it out til the end, but I lost all interest. I felt like I was getting nowhere.

Oh well, onwards and upwards?
Jude x

razocaine_07
05-02-05, 10:52
dont think i will bother going on.

sharon35
27-05-08, 14:40
hi,

Ive been onto the mood gym CBT and it didnt help. what a waste of time. i thought you would be able to ask question.