PDA

View Full Version : will it ever end?

Wilburis
01-10-07, 10:32
Hi

I have just changed med from sertraline to Escitalopram 10mg. Ive been on them now for 10 days and have been having panic attacks and Im still feeling very dizzy. I feel more anxious than ever. Will it ever stop and I will feel normal again?

We all thought my panic attacks were hormonal - I had a baby 6 weeks ago. THey havent stopped, I feel cheated and very disappointed.

Any suggestions please, gotta go, baby is crying.

Liz xx

honeybee3939
01-10-07, 12:29
Hi Lizzie

The meds can take 2 to 4 weeks before you start to feel the benifits and usually heighten your anxiety in the first couple of weeks. Stick with them hun and you should soon start to feel better.

love and hugs:hugs: :hugs:

Andrea
xxxxx

bearcrazy
01-10-07, 12:45
((((((((((((((Lizzie)))))))))))))))

Well first of all congratulations on the birth of your baby. as you probably know during the first few weeks after giving birth your hormones will be all over the place, you'll be tired from all the sleepless nights, and will be trying to come to terms with coping with this little person that is totally dependant on you, scary eh? I know that I found the first few months awful, and without the help of my health visitor I don't know how I would have coped. have you thought about talking to her/him? They will be able to support you through what is a difficult time for 'normal people' let alone people with the problems that you have. They wont take your baby away or think you are an unfit mum, they will be there for you with advice and support. My son is 25 now and I still keep in contact with the Health Visitor that helped me through Post Natal Depression. Give them a ring, they are there to help, you dont need to go through this alone.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Wilburis
01-10-07, 16:49
Thanks for the replies.

Bearcrazy - I already see a perenatal consultant and we decided to change my meds as the dizziness persisted. I really need something to help me out for a couple of weeks as my body is getting used to the new medication.

I have got diazepam, but really dont want to take. Is there anything similar that will give the same effect? I just need something to calm down.

apparently Im not depressed, but we all thought my anxiety would go when the baby and placenta came out, so as its still here, I think I may be getting depressed. I was soooooooooooo looking forward to being me again!

Now, I have a problem to do with the birth (still heavy bleeding , sorry TMI). Seeing Doc tomorrow but this has made my anxiety go mental. Have been googling and have scared myself that I will die from a haemarrage (sorry cant spell it). I feel dizzy too, but dont know if this is from blood loss or anxiety!?!?

Thanks for your help = Lizzie xx

kate
01-10-07, 16:55
Lizzie,

I too had bleeding for ages after having my daughter.

The doctor gave me some pills (can't remember what, I'm going back over 15 years!) and they stopped the bleeding.

It is a very hard time both emotionally and physically after giving birth, your body and mind need time to recover.

Hoping you feel better soon :flowers:

Kate x

CliveL
01-10-07, 17:13
I take Quiet life which is available in supermarkets (about £4 in asda) or chemists over the counter, they calm me down, there is another make called Kalms which I haven't tried.