PDA

View Full Version : Please help me / ALS fear / water test

Vasoka
12-01-20, 08:12
Hello,

Since 3 months my life has been a living hell with an ALS scare which I have a plethora of symptoms of, even if doctors refuse to diagnose me / say it's not that.

I just want to ask someone who has the time for help. I was just self testing with a mouthful of water at the sink and, when my mouth is full of water (full rly) and I put my head back, some of it involuntarily slids down the throat / dripping without me swalllowing, as if I can't hold it in the mouth due to weak back of the mouth muscles! I feel similar when I am jumbling water up and down (not sideways) in my mouth when it's full of water, as if it's on the verge of the throat and it sends me into panic.

Can someone please try the same thing and tell me if it happens to them? It'd be of great help because I'm freaking out atm. Mouth needs to be full of water, then you put your head back and face up towards ceiling/sky as much as you can and keep mouth open, do you feel bit by bit dropping down the throat after a while?

Thank you.

BlueIris
12-01-20, 10:37
I posted on your other thread, but again, this is an unkind thing to ask. Hopefully you're working on wrangling your anxiety.

Fishmanpa
12-01-20, 13:53
I was just self testing with a mouthful of water at the sink and, when my mouth is full of water (full rly) and I put my head back, some of it involuntarily slids down the throat / dripping without me swalllowing, as if I can't hold it in the mouth due to weak back of the mouth muscles! I feel similar when I am jumbling water up and down (not sideways) in my mouth when it's full of water, as if it's on the verge of the throat and it sends me into panic.

Can someone please try the same thing and tell me if it happens to them? It'd be of great help because I'm freaking out atm. Mouth needs to be full of water, then you put your head back and face up towards ceiling/sky as much as you can and keep mouth open, do you feel bit by bit dropping down the throat after a while?

With all due respect, why in the world are you performing such a bizarre and irrational self test like this? Read what you're doing here :huh: Just the visual your words create has me shaking my head :lac: Do you really think others will try to duplicate this self test to reassure you of something you don't have?

Positive thoughts