PDA

View Full Version : Pain top of head when bending over

EthanH9
12-01-20, 16:31
Longtime HA sufferer. Had a pretty good year actually but HA back now with a vengeance. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve had this weird pain in the top of my head. It sometimes feels more like a headache, but more often it’s just a pain in a smallish area. And what’s freaking me out is it’s triggered by leaning over. No sinus problems. No other major symptoms other than being more tired than usual.

I know the drill, not googling, etc. Have a GP appointment tomorrow. Just looking for some community over the next few days. Anyone have any experience with anything like this? It’s the locations and the leaning over that have me really spooked.

Thanks all.

Carys
12-01-20, 18:56
Referred pain is a funny 'ole thing, and the head is one place that referred pain seems to manifest easily (don't ask me about the biology but it seems common) it could be that from your neck or facial muscles or sinuses (even though you say no issues there). I had what you describe exactly back at school, can recall it very clearly as it was right ontop of my head and painful when only leaning forwards for a number of days, by the way I am now in my 50s lol. I didn't even tell anyone, and was really scared, but it resolved on its own. I would be interested to hear the outcome with your GP and I should imagine there is no reason to worry.

Kitkat99
12-01-20, 19:13
Referred pain is a funny 'ole thing, and the head is one place that referred pain seems to manifest easily (don't ask me about the biology but it seems common) it could be that from your neck or facial muscles or sinuses (even though you say no issues there). I had what you describe exactly back at school, can recall it very clearly as it was right ontop of my head and painful when only leaning forwards for a number of days, by the way I am now in my 50s lol. I didn't even tell anyone, and was really scared, but it resolved on its own. I would be interested to hear the outcome with your GP and I should imagine there is no reason to worry.

Second this, heads are really weird when it comes to referred pain. I’ve also had exactly what your describing (more than once actually).

It could definitely be muscle related, either tension or a pulled muscle etc...

Deepseathree
13-01-20, 02:05
You may think it’s not sinus related but it could be. Also could be tension in the muscles.

EthanH9
16-01-20, 00:51
Thanks everyone.

Headache is now going on 2 weeks. Not constant but every day. Also I forgot to mention what’s really freaking me out — this all started when I started randomly smelling maple syrup throughout the day. Googled phantom smells (I know big mistake) but didn’t think anything of it because no headache at the time. Then the headaches arrived and well, here we are.

Anyone care to chime in with stories of persistent new headache + some red flag symptoms that turned out to be nothing?

Fishmanpa
16-01-20, 01:11
Anyone care to chime in with stories of persistent new headache + some red flag symptoms that turned out to be nothing?

Just read the treads here. 99.99999999999999999% of them turn out to be anxiety related symptoms.

Positive thoughts

Carys
16-01-20, 08:43
You said you had a GP appointment - what happened ?