PDA

View Full Version : Still Worried About Red Rash Behind Left Knee?

mischamoonlight
25-10-19, 21:10
Hi, yeah I've had a very itchy and very red patch behind my left knee for a few weeks now, not sure how long it's been there but definitely a couple months or so. It's in a long oval shape on the very crease of my knee, only the one knee now, not the other one. Now, sure enough when I looked it up on Google well, first thing that popped up was Lymphoma's. So, that was mildly terrifying.

I had something similar when I was in my late teens around 18/19 (32 now, female by the way) but never had anything since then so can't understand what it is?

It's not always itchy, but when it is, it gets very itchy and very red, like angry red.

I worry because I have Hypothyroid (on a low dose of Eltroxin 50mg for it though) and PCOS, and not sure if its a reaction of some kind?

Yeah, I was just a bit freaked out because it's only under one knee and not both, and well, then I read about Lymphomas and that set me off!

nomorepanic
25-10-19, 21:27
Why can't it just be a skin irritation or a bit of eczema ?

Hypo84
25-10-19, 21:31
It could be mild psoriasis or some kind of eczema. Go to dermatologist.

Don't Google. It is not helpful at all and you are not able to diagnose yourself properly. Lymphoma....c'mon

WiseMonkey
25-10-19, 21:53
It could be mild psoriasis or some kind of eczema. Go to dermatologist.

Don't Google. It is not helpful at all and you are not able to diagnose yourself properly. Lymphoma....c'mon

I agree, psoriasis immediately came to mind as it's an autoimmune condition and you already have an existing one with your Hypothyroidism. Most often people with one autoimmune condition, end up with 2 or 3 of them.

Psoriasis is easily treated with Daivobet (prescription med from Dr) :)

RadioGaGa
25-10-19, 23:05
It's not going to be a reaction to the levothyroxine/Eltroxin

This is the problem with HA, it always makes us catastrophise and "hyper focus". What you could try in the mean time is good old Sudocrem (it originated in your country after all!) and then if that doesn't work, see a community pharmacist.

From NHS website (https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/pharmacies/what-to-expect-from-your-pharmacy-team/):

Pharmacies can give treatment advice about a range of common conditions and minor injuries, such as:

aches and pains
sore throat
coughs
colds
flu
earache
cystitis
skin rashes
teething
red eye

You could even pop in to your local pharmacy tomorrow if you're a bit worried. Good luck

Sparky16
26-10-19, 05:01
Gonna tell you the same thing I told you last time you posted about this spot - it could very well be eczema. Behind the knee is a classic spot, and I have had it on only one leg before. And had it go away for years and years, and then randomly come back for no reason. Mine wasn't itchy at all, I only found it because I felt the rough spot. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. They will give you a topical to clear it up.

Quinn1
26-10-19, 10:36
It sounds like psoriasis, all due to Anxiety,well that is what I get a bout of it. I use a cream on prescription called Advantan.

mischamoonlight
03-11-19, 02:29
Sorry for not getting back sooner! I know it could very well be that, so I'm going to try a cream to see if it helps.

mischamoonlight
03-11-19, 02:30
I know, and sorry for not getting back earlier! Yeah, I'm using a cream at the moment.

mischamoonlight
03-11-19, 02:31
@RadioGaGa Yeah, I'm using a cream at the moment, thanks for the tips too!

mischamoonlight
03-11-19, 02:32
@Sparky16 I know, sorry didn't get back sooner to reply! Just got freaked out after it turning up out of nowhere and I'm using a cream so will see how it reacts to that.

mischamoonlight
03-11-19, 02:33
@Quinn1 Hi, sorry for late reply! Yeah, could well be, so using a cream for that stuff and see how it works for now.

mischamoonlight
13-01-20, 16:46
I've had this one oval shaped rash behind my left knee now since at least August last year, or when it started to show up. I went to the Doctors in November about it, and he gave me Daktacort 2%/1% w/w/ cream, and I used that for about 2 to 3 weeks, and it got really scaly and then got very light and seemed to be disappearing, so stopped using it. Then, in late December, and beginning of this year it started to flare up again, coming back quite reddish/pink to, its not scaly or anything, but sometimes it can itch quite bad.

(Btw, I'm 32, female, I have Hypothyroid and PCOS. Little overweight but not by much. I suffer with health anxiety and depression, don't drink or smoke).

Anyway, went doctors today, and he had a look at it again, took a measurement of it, and said about it possibly being a fungal rash, and I told him it was only behind this one knee, which has me all stressed about it being something serious.

He gave me Dakterin 2% w/w cream for fungal infections, and said to take it for 4 weeks, then take a photo of it once I've taken it for 4 weeks, if theirs no imrovement, to come back to him a couple weeks after that (see how it is) and then he'll get me seen by a dermatologist. He said he didn't think it was anything sinister.

But now I'm feeling a little panicky regardless. I'm thinking all sorts of things. I did ask him, because I was worried about Lymphoma and Leukemia that I heard they sometimes show rashes as a sign, he said that was very rare. Anyway, I'm feeling anxious about it, even just mentioning about having to possibly see a dermatologist makes me start thinking of other serious things it could etc etc. I can't settle now, and am worrying a lot about what this could be.

Here is a photo of the rash on the back of my left knee. It's as close to the color it is in real life. I'm not sure what to make of it anymore, but just to give you a better perspective of what kind of rash I'm talking about, and I have no other rashes anywhere else.

https://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q494/mishimoonlight/81872332_10219401575217289_5745762082712715264_o_z psqrvtockm.jpg
(It's exactly where the bend is behind your knee, thats where the redder parts are as well.

I've worried about skin cancers and other things, disorders and it is stressing me out. I'm starting the fungal cream today, so don't know how to feel.

mischamoonlight
14-01-20, 16:58
Since putting that fungal cream on yesterday, it feeling VERY itchy. I'm not itching it as I don't want to scratch my nails across it, but its irrtating. Is it working or just causing it to be itchy?

mischamoonlight
22-02-20, 21:07
Update: I got a fungal shampoo from my doctor to wash with for the rash behind my right knee, and although it seems to have helped reduce to almost going, it is still there, and today its become a little red and itchy, so I'm not sure if this fungal shampoo is working, or if this is fungal at all?

What is going on with this? Does Fungal things last for months? Or even Eczema things, and only behind one knee?