PDA

View Full Version : diagnosed with anxiety help needed

hanelle
24-01-05, 19:50
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I am 34 with two young children. back in Sept I was diagnosed with endometriosis and had surgery to have it removed, i then had a coil fitted for treatment of endo and my body rejected it and to top it all i have problems with my thyroid. anyway i have been suffering from headaches, dizziness and now anxiety. after seeing a neurologist who confirmed there was nothing sinister wrong with me i have been diagnosed with depression/anxiety.
my syptoms are headache, dizziness and now a tightness in my chest which is constant and the feeling that if I get in the car i will faint etc. my gp has prescribed an anti-d citalopram and just wondered if anyone could help me with info on if they work, how long they take to work etc. i have been off work and really feel that i cant cope.
thanks

camilla
24-01-05, 19:57
hi welcome to the forum
i used be on citalopram, my dr said to me she has seen a signifiant improvement on some people on citalopram. unfortually i didnt help me. but different drugs help different people. i have been told that it can take up to 6 weeks to notice a difference.
hope it helps you
camilla

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 20:04
Hi Hanelle

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear you are suffering.

If you go to the Medication topic and browse the posts they are hundreds about Citalopram.

Alternatively enter that as a word in the search box at the top right hand side of the screen to see all previous posts.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Also read Meg's first steps post at www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

Nicola

jude
24-01-05, 20:05
Hello and welcome. I hope you find lots of info that will help you here.I think you are very brave having had surgery for the endo. I had an ectopic pregnancy and the a premature baby 5 years ago. Last year I was diagnosed with endo. Have u seen the endometriosis web site. I can give you the address if u want it. Im sorry I dont know about your meds. I refused any but I hope they help.
Take care and rest lots
Jude

vernon
24-01-05, 20:56
hi, Welcome to the site. I take a similar med to u its called cipralex, It has helped in a lot of ways but i am no where near right yet but see light at the end off the tunnel which i didnt before. there are quite a few in here who take the same med as u so i am sure u will get plenty of feed back, take care, Vernon

seh1980
24-01-05, 20:57
hello,

Welcome to the site!! I have been on anti-d's for just over a year and am just starting to come off them. They have helped me loads so please have faith!!

Sarah :D

Sarah-Jane
24-01-05, 21:15
Hi ya welcome to the site, im sorry your having a bad time at the moment. there are loads of great people here that are going through what you are and are here to give you loads of support. Things can only get better and you have got to believe that. it wont be easy but theres loads of help to be had and people here will always help and try and point you in the right direction.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

sal
25-01-05, 00:32
Hi Han

There are so many different tablets to this illness and the going it alone. I have tried loads and felt worse and my first try of citlopram i was ill but a year later tried it again and built up the dose and it has changed me completely for the better. However anxious i get i can reason with it. Without Citlopram i couldnt say where i would be, its been a life saver. Just hope it works as well for you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

jill
25-01-05, 18:02
Hi Hanelle

Welcome to the site.

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Karen
25-01-05, 18:42
Hi Hanelle

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't taken Citalopram myself but medication can take about a month to start working. It can also temporarily worsen symptoms of anxiety and depression for a week or two. So try to stick with it and give it a chance to work.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
01-02-05, 12:32
Hanelle,

Thyroid issues can spark off anxiety symptoms so ensure you are well controlled in that department as well as persuing the anti D's.

**syptoms are headache, dizziness and now a tightness in my chest** These are all common anxiety symptoms and are expaoned on the symptoms page on the home page .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

trac67
01-02-05, 13:43
Hi Hanelle,
I am citalopram and have been for 4 years, they work for me, but they do take about a month to get into your system and for you to start feeling the benefits of them. I am normally on 10mg a day but if i am going through a particularly stressful time my doctor puts them up to 20mg. They have been a great help for me and i know that without them i would not have been able to get where i am today. Keep positive and you will begin to feel better, remember you are not on your own with this and you will get through it.
Take care
Trace:D