PDA

View Full Version : Horrendous few weeks

Stephyr77
18-01-20, 18:10
Hi.
I’m 36 and Really struggling
at the minute with OCD ( mainly germs and contamination etc) and a lot of health anxiety. Somewhat ironically I was at medical school but have had to defer for a year as it was all a bit too much.
Not sure where the OCD stems from but the anxiety I imagine is because I’ve had a tough few years, I lost my sister in an accident and my husband was diagnosed with brain cancer and had to have surgery/radiotherapy/ chemo.
I think the bottom line is I’m just terrified of anything bad happening..To me, because I worry about who would care for my husband and parents and to anyone else as losing my sister was utterly horrendous and I don’t think I could handle grief again.

I apologise for the rambling nature of this post but my head is so full of these horrendous worries that I’m eager to eventually write them down. I’m exhausted, OCD/anxiety/ worrying is a full time job.

venusbluejeans
18-01-20, 18:16
Hiya Stephyr77 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Carys
18-01-20, 19:55
Hiyer Stephyr77,

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you've had a really horrific few years, and hardly surprising that its taken its toll on you and causing concerns in 'feeling responsible'. I am presuming that your husband is doing ok now ? There are lots of threads here, and people who understand contamination OCD and I'm sure if you start your own thread about it you will get some advice - but anyway the other thing I wanted to ask was were you fully supported during the loss of your sister and your husband's cancer diagnosis ?