PDA

View Full Version : Who has had bronchitis?

Lissy43
01-10-07, 17:49
I am just wondering who has had it and once you had it did you get it again? ie everytime you got a cough or cold did you develop it? I have heard you can be prone to it after having it for the first time:weep: I hope not.

I had it in August, I still have a slight strain in my chest after all the coughing and I even still cough at times. The dr said my chest was clear last time I Had it checked which was about 3 weeks or so ago. I am just so paranoid because I have 3 children (snot monsters) I will catch their colds and get bronchitis again.

I don't smoke and I don't think I am unhealthy (can't believe I said that, haha)My GP did tell me it was very common, at the time I started with it my children had a nasty cough which they had for about 8 weeks.

Does anyone know what causes it? ie a particular type of virus or does it come from having a cough and cold? my mum had it once and never got it again but she doesn't get colds very often, nor do I usually.

nomorepanic
01-10-07, 19:50
Hi Cherry

The replies you got last time are here..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22301

Bill
02-10-07, 00:26
Cherry,
One reply you wouldn't have had because I'm new here. I had pneumonia 20 years ago which is worse! They said I'd be more prone but I've never had it since. However as a precaution if I get a cold that lasts too long, I see my gp just in case. They never mind me going.:)

Lissy43
02-10-07, 12:24
Thank you so much Bill thats very reassuring.

Thanks again and glad you are ok.