PDA

View Full Version : dose any body suffer with this??

xserenax
01-10-07, 18:43
Everytime i go somewhere dosent matter if its at work or in the car, but i rush home because i get scared that im going to have an attack out side in public and no one will be able to help. i also feel as thou i have got to be near a hospital all the time just incase i pop my cloggs.... i know its not going to happen but its a niggling thought that i can get out of my head.:weep:

And also every night i cant sleep without a t.v on i think it helps to hear something..... but as soon as it goes off im awake and really anxious. it scarys me and frustrats me:mad: . my boy friend goes nuts because he wants the telly off so he can sleep... but im left wide awake and really on edge because my mind is going mad it goes in over drive. has anybody got any tips on helping me sleep at night?? (when the T.V is off)

Help Guys .......

Please.

Serena x:)

Big Bird
01-10-07, 18:51
Hi Serena

There are many different methods of trying to sleep I'm sure but one that works for me is to concentrate on the breathing and consciously count up on 1/ The in Breath
for as long as you feel comfortable.
Then;
2/ The Out Breath
in much the same way
Then;

count the gap between breaths ie; The Pause.

I am very often into dreamland before I get to the third part anyway.

Also. Please dont fight it if you can't sleep. Surprisingly, you will eventually drop off and sleep much more than you think you do.

Hope this is of some help.

Good Luck

BB. (Roy):)

xserenax
01-10-07, 18:55
arhh yeah thank you for that, i will try those breathing techniques tonight. You are right thou i do tend to fight it, i get very fustrated.

Thanks again i will let you know how it goes.

Serena

Believe
01-10-07, 18:57
Hi Serena,

Yes in the beginning I to did the same thing, I found that no matter where I went I just wanted to go home. When you go out try to do your breathing exercises and the relaxation exercise,they will help you.

As for the sleep, try a radio keeping it on at night might help you.
Remember that we are always here.

:hugs:

Take Care
Believe

I Believe in Time We All Will Get Better !!!!!

Bill
02-10-07, 00:17
As Believe suggests, a radio with an earpiece so it doesn't disturb your boyfriend?

Aromatherapy oils such as a couple of drops of lavender on your pillow? The chemists often have natural remedies which can help to relax and make drowsy.

GemmaAnn
02-10-07, 00:29
hey, I have the same thing at night. I always ask my boyfriend to watch the tv or a dvd of something, the noise of the tv and him being awake and alert next to me makes me feel safe so I can go to sleep I guess. I have a hard time sleeping when he is too tired to watch the tv!
like they say if you cant sleep dont fight it, read or something to take your mind of your own thoughts.
just dont get up and make coffee or tea or anything cuz the caffeine will have you awake longer!

Gem xx

judipat
02-10-07, 19:06
Hi there
When i have trouble sleeping (which is most nights), , first of all, I read. When i switch the light off, I have to lie on my back and put my hands on my stomach so I can do the correct breathing technique. I concentrate on my breathing - the inhale shorter than the exhale ( i do 4 in - 6 out). When you have your breathing under control, think of a peaceful, favorite place. For me it is a beach in the Algave that we visited a couple of years ago. Concentrate on just that - it is sometimes very difficult, but just keep going back to that one place.
This is how i get to sleep most nights, sometimes i only have to do it for a very short time and sometimes it takes me ages - but it does work eventually.
Hope this helps
Take care
Judi:)

xserenax
02-10-07, 21:13
Thanks guys these tips are great.... i am def going to try this breathing techniqiue. good its so funny that most of us all have the same symptons... its madness. but so reasuring to know. Thanks again ..... i LOVE this site. xx

Insomniac
02-10-07, 21:15
Hi there,

I used to suffer with this. Now its rare. But I found the breathing exercise where the inhale is shorter than the exhale really does help. Sometimes you have to stick with it for a while, I used to get back into my anxious breathing pattern. But just start the relaxation breathing as soon as you realise.

This does actually help to relax your body. Also (so I don't keep my hubby awake), if I can't sleep after that I put on my MP3 player with a relaxation exercise by Paul McKenna. I had a CD about confidence building which has relaxation at the beginning. Also I felt that building my confidence would increase my belief in my ability to deal with it.

Hope this helps.

Tweedy
02-10-07, 22:37
Everytime i go somewhere dosent matter if its at work or in the car, but i rush home because i get scared that im going to have an attack out side in public and no one will be able to help.

This is how I started to get like but it developed from having Panics to agoraphobia. End of the day its easy to say there's nothing to fear, but really there isnt.