PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus worries?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

KK77
12-05-20, 17:14
Because I'm afraid, why else?

We know that. But that's always your standard excuse! Loads of people here are scared but few are so melodramatic :lac:

fishman65
12-05-20, 18:22
Come on guys lets not take chunks out of each other. It's a stressful time for all of us, arguing amongst ourselves isn't helping anyone.

AntsyVee
12-05-20, 18:24
I can be more melodramatic, KK. I can try to give Frank a run for his money ;)

MyNameIsTerry
12-05-20, 21:32
Come on guys lets not take chunks out of each other. It's a stressful time for all of us, arguing amongst ourselves isn't helping anyone.

^ this.

How about challenging why he is overreacting without bring negative too?

Frank, you know from the discussions many of us have had on your threads that news and new events trigger you. You go from 0-100mph and there many just like you on here. So when you feel that trigger what tools or techniques do you employ to examine how you feel, why and whether you reactions are justified? Do you run straight to panic or the reassurance of a place like this or do you tell your mind to stop and spend time challenging the thoughts or maybe affirming to yourself it's ok to feel xyz but it's not the truth?

KK77
12-05-20, 21:39
^ this.

Are you referring to me, Terry? If so, I WAS challenging his overreaction and alarmist tone.

You stick to your approach and I'll stick to mine.

MyNameIsTerry
12-05-20, 21:50
Are you referring to me, Terry? If so, I WAS challenging his overreaction and alarmist tone.

You stick to your approach and I'll stick to mine.

It was a general point made to all adding to fishman's post before the inevitable spiral and Admin intervention.

FrankT
13-05-20, 00:12
^ this.

Frank, you know from the discussions many of us have had on your threads that news and new events trigger you. You go from 0-100mph and there many just like you on here. So when you feel that trigger what tools or techniques do you employ to examine how you feel, why and whether you reactions are justified? Do you run straight to panic or the reassurance of a place like this or do you tell your mind to stop and spend time challenging the thoughts or maybe affirming to yourself it's ok to feel xyz but it's not the truth?

Both.

Lencoboy
13-05-20, 13:27
I know many are anxious and confused by all of this ATM, but all we need to manage these tough times like proper adults. Constant angst and animosity only makes things worse.

FrankT
13-05-20, 14:18
Like.... "World War III" worse?

pulisa
13-05-20, 14:20
Sorry, Frank..WW3 is off the radar now and so last year.

FrankT
13-05-20, 15:13
Thank God!

Lencoboy
13-05-20, 15:55
Sorry, Frank..WW3 is off the radar now and so last year.

Exactly. I think that old chestnut has been well done to death now (no pun intended).

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-20, 04:29
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/13/95000-have-entered-uk-from-abroad-during-coronavirus-lockdown

:wall:

I see we have also backed down on those entering from France due to political pressure. So both countries won't quarantine. :doh:

AntsyVee
14-05-20, 05:06

pulisa
14-05-20, 21:14
Things could be worse...We could all live in Mexico..Just watching news footage of their "lockdown" which is a free for all.

AntsyVee
14-05-20, 22:14
Things could be worse...We could all live in Mexico..Just watching news footage of their "lockdown" which is a free for all.

Agreed, P. Or Ecuador. Or Nicaragua.

Toby2000
18-05-20, 11:28
Hi everyone, I haven't really been on here for like a month

Yesterday I noticed that I have a slight sore throat

But I don't know if it's COVID-19? And it's hard to determine if me and my family should quarantine for 2 weeks based off such a mild symptom

I have a very very very very mild headache at the front too... but it feels like it's more because of lack of sleep and it's a hot day today

No one else in my house, to my knowledge, has symptoms... but my mum looks after my grandma 3 times a week and I don't want her to pass anything on to her

Any advice?

BlueIris
18-05-20, 11:31
Don't worry about it. I've had a mild sore throat for most of the past month or so and nothing's come of it. It's not worth quarantining over something so mild, especially when you point out that the headache is far more likely to be caused by any number of other things.

Toby2000
18-05-20, 11:35
Don't worry about it. I've had a mild sore throat for most of the past month or so and nothing's come of it. It's not worth quarantining over something so mild, especially when you point out that the headache is far more likely to be caused by any number of other things.

Yeah it's so mild. I'll just keep an eye on how I'm feeling over the next few days

Toby2000
18-05-20, 11:36
How is everyone?

I've been doing well but I really miss seeing family

Pamplemousse
18-05-20, 12:23
Don't worry about it. I've had a mild sore throat for most of the past month or so and nothing's come of it.

You as well, BI? Same here. Although I do wonder if it has as much to do with a dusty house and reflux as well...

Scass
18-05-20, 12:32
I’ve also had a sore throat for weeks. I think it’s allergies.

Hope everyone is ok. My anxiety is quite bad at the moment, I think it’s just all the uncertainty about everything.

Lencoboy
18-05-20, 13:38

Hope everyone is ok. My anxiety is quite bad at the moment, I think it’s just all the uncertainty about everything.

Same here, Scass.

I think with me it's now mostly down to this whole CV affair becoming so intensely politicised, and the endless conflicting info and general opinions doing the rounds on the WWW. Also the tribalism between the 'pro-lockdown' and 'anti-lockdown' camps having reared its ugly head over the past couple of weeks.

On a more positive note, yesterday's CV deaths count was the lowest since the day after our lockdown first started (Tuesday 24th March). I know it was a Sunday (when the recorded stats are usually lower), but it was still lower than the previous Sunday, and the Sunday before that, and so on.

Of course, the real test from now on will be to see how the first phase of lockdown restrictions being eased pans out in terms of new CV infections, and obviously, deaths. Only time will tell.

pulisa
18-05-20, 13:56

I'm sorry you are struggling, Scass although it's to be expected what with everything so uncertain..How is your little girl coping? It can't be easy looking after her and feeling fragile? xx

Scass
18-05-20, 15:23
[/B]Same here, Scass.

I think with me it's now mostly down to this whole CV affair becoming so intensely politicised, and the endless conflicting info and general opinions doing the rounds on the WWW. Also the tribalism between the 'pro-lockdown' and 'anti-lockdown' camps having reared its ugly head over the past couple of weeks.

On a more positive note, yesterday's CV deaths count was the lowest since the day after our lockdown first started (Tuesday 24th March). I know it was a Sunday (when the recorded stats are usually lower), but it was still lower than the previous Sunday, and the Sunday before that, and so on.

Of course, the real test from now on will be to see how the first phase of lockdown restrictions being eased pans out in terms of new CV infections, and obviously, deaths. Only time will tell.

That’s good news about the numbers.
I stay away from the proper news, so I generally miss all the politics. I can understand how it can be anxiety inducing when everyone is throwing doubt around.

I'm sorry you are struggling, Scass although it's to be expected what with everything so uncertain..How is your little girl coping? It can't be easy looking after her and feeling fragile? xx

I thought I was doing ok, but then suddenly yesterday I had my first anxiety attack for years.
My daughter is brilliant. You know what they are like when they are little? As long as we can keep it stable for her then she’s ok. Today she has been FaceTiming her little best friend who is also our next door neighbour. They had ice cream together and played a computer game . Sometimes technology is fab! And as I’m still working it’s great that she’s not bored.
I need to work on my anxiety a bit, but it’s hard.
How are your two doing? Xx

Lencoboy
18-05-20, 16:11
That’s good news about the numbers.
I stay away from the proper news, so I generally miss all the politics. I can understand how it can be anxiety inducing when everyone is throwing doubt around.

I thought I was doing ok, but then suddenly yesterday I had my first anxiety attack for years.
My daughter is brilliant. You know what they are like when they are little? As long as we can keep it stable for her then she’s ok. Today she has been FaceTiming her little best friend who is also our next door neighbour. They had ice cream together and played a computer game . Sometimes technology is fab! And as I’m still working it’s great that she’s not bored.
I need to work on my anxiety a bit, but it’s hard.
How are your two doing? Xx

IMO, the pro-lockdown and anti-lockdown tribalism isn't even a party political issue, as there are both leftists and rightists who are pro-lockdown and likewise, there are both leftists and rightists who are anti-lockdown, but it seems to be the very latest in a long line of issues supposedly polarising our society. Also those smart alec-types who get all sarky and cynical over the slightest glimmer of hope that is reported, and dismiss it all as lies, etc, for example, doubting as to whether any future vaccines or any other medication prescribed to treat CV will ever work and also refusing point blank to believe that CV deaths have declined on a given day, etc.

Typical sad-cases who just seem to revel in doom, gloom and misery.

Goofygirl2015
18-05-20, 21:29
I am experiencing slight hoarseness in my voice, no sore throat, no fever but now I am reading that some people are saying hoarseness can be a symptom. Now I am worried.

Scass
19-05-20, 07:50
I am experiencing slight hoarseness in my voice, no sore throat, no fever but now I am reading that some people are saying hoarseness can be a symptom. Now I am worried.

I think if that’s your only symptom it might just be allergies or something.

Noivous
19-05-20, 18:15

Don't worry. You are fine. I've had on again off again sore throat and slight hoarseness for 6 weeks. the total list of symptoms for the virus is a mile-long I think we all have some of them. Like Scass says change of the seasons...a bit of a throat issue is very common.

fishman65
19-05-20, 19:05
Struggling anxiety-wise here too. I'm wondering if its the emerging from lockdown, albeit gradually but going into it was easy I found.

THoltz
19-05-20, 19:21
So yesterday I had someone come to my house to check out a possible leak in the chimney. I had to let them into attic to check it out. It ended up being a chimney cap. Even though I maintained social distancing, there were times when I was within 6 feet of the person. The person had no symptoms and sounded normal but I have high levels of anxiety. I have not let anyone into my house in 3 months but this was an emergency.

Now my anxiety is manifesting a cough. I have gone through many cycles of this the past 2-3 months.
My consoling though is that it is allergy season here where I live in the South. I was doing some gardening on saturday and could not stop sneezing. I had a slight headache too. and a cough. But it was not a severe cough.

It is hard to tell since my allergies have all of a sudden decided to reemerge after years of being dormant for a few years.

Pamplemousse
19-05-20, 20:08
Struggling anxiety-wise here too. I'm wondering if its the emerging from lockdown, albeit gradually but going into it was easy I found.

I think that's how many people will find it; as LINO is released, folk will be nervous about setting foot outside and everyone will flinch when they hear someone cough :unsure:

I know I'm terrified.

Scass
19-05-20, 20:12

Yes I think so. We’ve been “safe” in our homes & now we’re being sent back out again. It’s unsettling for a lot of people I think.

Scass
19-05-20, 20:14
So yesterday I had someone come to my house to check out a possible leak in the chimney. I had to let them into attic to check it out. It ended up being a chimney cap. Even though I maintained social distancing, there were times when I was within 6 feet of the person. The person had no symptoms and sounded normal but I have high levels of anxiety. I have not let anyone into my house in 3 months but this was an emergency.

Now my anxiety is manifesting a cough. I have gone through many cycles of this the past 2-3 months.
My consoling though is that it is allergy season here where I live in the South. I was doing some gardening on saturday and could not stop sneezing. I had a slight headache too. and a cough. But it was not a severe cough.

It is hard to tell since my allergies have all of a sudden decided to reemerge after years of being dormant for a few years.

My partner is a carpenter and has had to work around people still & sometimes in their houses. They will be as serious as you about keeping safe, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. It’s mostly that it’s just weird having someone in your space after so long.
And yes, I’m in the south east & I didn’t realise I had such bad allergies until spending the whole of spring at home!

MyNameIsTerry
19-05-20, 21:11

I agree with Pamplemousse and Scass. It's only going to feed the fear of change just like entering lockdown did. Some feel one more than the other even. But your confidence will grow as you adjust.

I haven't noticed any changes yet. It might be because employers are still responding to staff so public transport and roads are yet to ramp up? Shops are the same though, mostly fine with a scattering of assorted morons who don't care, are 'fighting back against the man', etc...

Pamplemousse
20-05-20, 11:44
My partner is a carpenter and has had to work around people still & sometimes in their houses. They will be as serious as you about keeping safe, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. It’s mostly that it’s just weird having someone in your space after so long.

It depends whether or not the person in the house you're working in is one of those who 'hovers'. Like my mother-in-law...

Scass
20-05-20, 15:38
It depends whether or not the person in the house you're working in is one of those who 'hovers'. Like my mother-in-law...

Oh I see! I’d much prefer a hooverer to a hoverer.

Phoenixess
20-05-20, 15:44
So I’ve had a migraine since Monday which in turn has turned into a hormonal sickness thing (I assume) however because I’m all over the place can’t remember my own name half the time can someone please help in a kind simple way. Because I called the doctors re these symptoms and take the nursePractitioner who rang me back who rang me back. And she totally flummoxed me and put the fear of God into me because I explain to her about the hormones possibly causing all this on my migraines and sickness and she said well we can’t be too sure it’s not Covid so so potentially treat it as though you have Covid? Am I in an alternate universe either I’m missing something or I have COVID and I don’t believe it or I’m totally baffled what’s going on and my brain IS CURRENTLY BROKEN!! If I wasn’t so nauseated I would be eating to check my taste and smell except I think that is hyspersensitive at the moment.

So let’s go along her theory of potentially my migraine could be Covid what do I need to keep an eye out for one what on earth do I need to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary A
20-05-20, 16:03
So I’ve had a migraine since Monday which in turn has turned into a hormonal sickness thing (I assume) however because I’m all over the place can’t remember my own name half the time can someone please help in a kind simple way. Because I called the doctors re these symptoms and take the nursePractitioner who rang me back who rang me back. And she totally flummoxed me and put the fear of God into me because I explain to her about the hormones possibly causing all this on my migraines and sickness and she said well we can’t be too sure it’s not Covid so so potentially treat it as though you have Covid? Am I in an alternate universe either I’m missing something or I have COVID and I don’t believe it or I’m totally baffled what’s going on and my brain IS CURRENTLY BROKEN!! If I wasn’t so nauseated I would be eating to check my taste and smell except I think that is hyspersensitive at the moment.

So let’s go along her theory of potentially my migraine could be Covid what do I need to keep an eye out for one what on earth do I need to do?

It’s unlikely that your symptoms are due to Covid-19, however, medical personnel have been instructed to treat any potential symptom as if it is. This is purely to stop potential spread of the virus.

There are an absolute multitude of other things that could cause this, and to me it does sound like a simple migraine.

As per your NP’s advice, I’m afraid you must act like this is indeed Covid-19. It is unlikely, but it’s better to cover all bases. Isolate for 7 days and contact her again if your symptoms worsen. After 7 days, if your symptoms have gone, you can end your isolation.

It sucks, I know, but that’s just the way of the world right now I’m afraid.

Phoenixess
20-05-20, 16:26
It’s unlikely that your symptoms are due to Covid-19, however, medical personnel have been instructed to treat any potential symptom as if it is. This is purely to stop potential spread of the virus.

There are an absolute multitude of other things that could cause this, and to me it does sound like a simple migraine.

As per your NP’s advice, I’m afraid you must act like this is indeed Covid-19. It is unlikely, but it’s better to cover all bases. Isolate for 7 days and contact her again if your symptoms worsen. After 7 days, if your symptoms have gone, you can end your isolation.

It sucks, I know, but that’s just the way of the world right now I’m afraid.

That’s absurd
I think if I get a temperature I’ll self isolate

Gary A
20-05-20, 16:36
That’s absurd
I think if I get a temperature I’ll self isolate

I agree to be honest. It’s obviously up to you but when they say treat it like it’s Covid-19 they mean to self isolate etc.

Phoenixess
20-05-20, 16:39
I agree to be honest. It’s obviously up to you but when they say treat it like it’s Covid-19 they mean to self isolate etc.

I’ll just wait for it to pass any way I’m incapacitated with my head so motive for staying indoors doesn’t have to be known as long as the same outcome is achieved however if I get a temp I’ll start from that day again also

fishman65
20-05-20, 18:05
Isn't there an element of 'back-covering' to this as well? If the NP said 'no you haven't got CV' and then you went off spreading it everywhere.

Phoenixess
20-05-20, 18:53
Isn't there an element of 'back-covering' to this as well? If the NP said 'no you haven't got CV' and then you went off spreading it everywhere.

Ah! I didn’t even consider covid as a diagnosis she was the one who brought it up [emoji2368]

Phoenixess
20-05-20, 18:54
Makes you wonder how many people are at home for 7days with a migraine and get another a week later and then isolating for seven days again! Heaven forbid hay fever sufferers

Fishmanpa
20-05-20, 19:13
Heaven forbid hay fever sufferers

I've had a tickly cough, a lot of mucous and an off and on headache for the last few weeks. Its definitely hay fever as my car has a literal coating of yellow pollen on it!

Positive thoughts and allergy meds!

pulisa
20-05-20, 19:40
I've had a tickly cough, a lot of mucous and an off and on headache for the last few weeks. Its definitely hay fever as my car has a literal coating of yellow pollen on it!

If you rang your health provider it would be Covid though....regardless of the obvious issue. CYA protocol with a vengeance. Who would want to be responsible for a cock up and subsequent spread?

fishman65
20-05-20, 20:23
Lots of good news from my mate on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATMbGK__Tg

dorabella
20-05-20, 22:33

I've had the same Fishmanpa - hayfever together with itchy streaming eyes, sneezing and feeling breathless due to congestion and the high temperatures in London this week which always makes me anxious. Tap that into a CV questionnaire they would have me in isolation.... and my car is also covered in pollen crap!!

dorabella
20-05-20, 22:40
Lots of good news from my mate on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATMbGK__Tg

Ah the wonderful John Campbell .. he's worth his weight in gold and I don't know why this guy isn't advising Sage, Cobra and all the other science expert boards. He just talks common and accurate sense. The Korean virologists were reporting on this weeks ago - see the Asian boss interviews with the director of the Korean disease control institute on YouTube.

Good news on potential immunity, and for the efficacy of antibody testing for tracing what will now be 'herd' immunity. Lets hope that the UK scientific advisors pick up on this report and stop siting on the fence with their 'yes, possibly, we don't know' attitude (i.e.we won't commit ourselves in case we get sued/blamed/ blah blah blah)

AntsyVee
20-05-20, 23:55
You all, the Covid virus is more threatening than the flu in many cases. My great uncle got it and died. Yes, he was on his way out anyway, and had underlying health problems, but it still finished him off. Then the nurse, a healthy man in his fifties, with no underlying health problems, wound up in the ICQ from it for a week. My uncle and aunt got it from visiting, and luckily had mild cases. My cousin who a nurse got it, who's in his 30s, and he was in the hospital for two days to get fluids. No underlying health problems. I had a former student who had underlying health problems that died from it. He was 22.

The fact is, it's a lot more contagious and a lot more serious than the season flu. If you want to deny it exists, or it that it's not as bad as it says, because that makes you able to sleep at night, then so be it.

But the thing is, if governments did nothing about it, it would have spread worse and you'd all be b1ching that they didn't do enough, because then you would all know someone affected by it. As it is now, you're b1ching because you think they've done too much and it's ruining the economy. Well, honestly, I'm not sure if that is the fault of the government so much as the fault of the capitalism systems that are set up to run our economy. Capitalism is great, but nothing is perfect. One of it's flaws is that it really doesn't have many contingency plans for natural disasters, and this qualifies as a natural disaster, IMO.

pulisa
21-05-20, 08:24
Great post, Vee (in my opinion)..I wonder what scientists/historians will make of 2020 in 100 years time..if humans still exist?! How much devastation can a previously unknown virus cause?

Phoenixess
21-05-20, 08:25
Hi everyone I’m really scared I was bit like oh it’s just a migraine I’m fine the nurse practitioner was wrong! HOWEVER now my head pain has passed I now have got a very upset stomach! No cough no temperature however I’m now seriously scared I have covid! And I read the one that starts like a stomach bug is fatal please help! I’m really really scared!

But if I did just have a stomach bug and my symptoms have already started would this indicate not covid?! I’m super confused I never ever thought I’d ever me this confused with symptoms and illness

BlueIris
21-05-20, 08:29
Relax, there's about a million things that can cause stomach upsets; I've also had a fair few bugs that started with a raging headache.

You're chasing cars on the motorway again; take yourself back, sit down on the verge and watch them pass.

pulisa
21-05-20, 08:29
You've had similar scares before. No cough, no temp but an upset stomach? You've been stressed by your headache/migraine...Maybe your stomach is reacting? Please don't overthink because you've been in this position before..

AntsyVee
21-05-20, 08:31
Great post, Vee (in my opinion)..I wonder what scientists/historians will make of 2020 in 100 years time..if humans still exist?! How much devastation can a previously unknown virus cause?

Thanks, P. Not sure. If anything, I hope all of our countries put some better contingency plans in place for disasters. We’re all just a hurricane, tsunami, nuclear accident, stock market fiasco, volcano, etc. away from ruining our economies again!

Phoenixess
21-05-20, 08:33
Relax, there's about a million things that can cause stomach upsets; I've also had a fair few bugs that started with a raging headache.

You're chasing cars on the motorway again; take yourself back, sit down on the verge and watch them pass.

Thanks just not nice being along with the fears

Phoenixess
21-05-20, 08:34
You've had similar scares before. No cough, no temp but an upset stomach? You've been stressed by your headache/migraine...Maybe your stomach is reacting? Please don't overthink because you've been in this position before..

Thanks just hate feeling this unwell last time i felt like this I was hospitalised on a drip I struggle with illnesses my body can’t take it just going to keep sipping water perhaps just severe dehydration

BlueIris
21-05-20, 08:35
I get you, but learning to live with them is the key to getting rid of them in the long run.

Phoenixess
21-05-20, 08:37
I get you, but learning to live with them is the key to getting rid of them in the long run.

Too many past traumas and current psychological BS to filter through we all need a helping hand along the way

BlueIris
21-05-20, 08:39
Sorry if it didn't seem as though I was trying to help. I hope you can come through this soon.

Phoenixess
21-05-20, 08:48
Sorry if it didn't seem as though I was trying to help. I hope you can come through this soon.

I feel bit better talking about it. And I wasn’t personally saying you werent helping you were helping and I hope you didn’t hear that negatively from me I was just saying sometimes we all need a hand along the way. The way they’ve got us all on high alert id probably stub my toe and question is it coronavirus it’s all very high alertish atm. I’ve been ill all week enough to be in bed for most of it I feel very disorientated from myself and my reality. Not fun.

Lencoboy
21-05-20, 10:48

You are correct, BlueIris.

The trouble is, there is a lot of conflicting (and confusing) info circulating both online and in real life ATM concerning both symptoms and causes of CV, and certain factions of the population are probably exploiting this pandemic with misinformation in order to fulfill their own personal agendas, though, in fairness, some of those people may in turn be confused by all of this themselves.

Just to re-iterate, the three 'key' symptoms to watch out for are prolonged bouts of dry coughing, temperature of 37.8C (or higher), and/or loss of taste/smell. Remember stomach upsets (in whatever form), though of course can still be accountable, are fairly low down the pecking order of CV-related symptoms, and thus one of the lesser/rarer symptoms.

BTW, last night the list/column of 'Most Read' news articles on the BBC News website sported fewer COVID-19-related articles for the first time probably since about mid-March at the very latest.

Phoenixess
21-05-20, 11:22
You are correct, BlueIris.

The trouble is, there is a lot of conflicting (and confusing) info circulating both online and in real life ATM concerning both symptoms and causes of CV, and certain factions of the population are probably exploiting this pandemic with misinformation in order to fulfill their own personal agendas, though, in fairness, some of those people may in turn be confused by all of this themselves.

Just to re-iterate, the three 'key' symptoms to watch out for are prolonged bouts of dry coughing, temperature of 37.8C (or higher), and/or loss of taste/smell. Remember stomach upsets (in whatever form), though of course can still be accountable, are fairly low down the pecking order of CV-related symptoms, and thus one of the lesser/rarer symptoms.

BTW, last night the list/column of 'Most Read' news articles on the BBC News website sported fewer COVID-19-related articles for the first time probably since about mid-March at the very latest.

I think medical professionals need to sort their confusion and conflicting agendas also NOT to perpetuate the psychological propaganda we have all been victim of

fishman65
21-05-20, 15:58
You all, the Covid virus is more threatening than the flu in many cases. My great uncle got it and died. Yes, he was on his way out anyway, and had underlying health problems, but it still finished him off. Then the nurse, a healthy man in his fifties, with no underlying health problems, wound up in the ICQ from it for a week. My uncle and aunt got it from visiting, and luckily had mild cases. My cousin who a nurse got it, who's in his 30s, and he was in the hospital for two days to get fluids. No underlying health problems. I had a former student who had underlying health problems that died from it. He was 22.

The fact is, it's a lot more contagious and a lot more serious than the season flu. If you want to deny it exists, or it that it's not as bad as it says, because that makes you able to sleep at night, then so be it.

But the thing is, if governments did nothing about it, it would have spread worse and you'd all be b1ching that they didn't do enough, because then you would all know someone affected by it. As it is now, you're b1ching because you think they've done too much and it's ruining the economy. Well, honestly, I'm not sure if that is the fault of the government so much as the fault of the capitalism systems that are set up to run our economy. Capitalism is great, but nothing is perfect. One of it's flaws is that it really doesn't have many contingency plans for natural disasters, and this qualifies as a natural disaster, IMO.I think this is a brilliant post too, it sums up just about everything that's happened since this year came in. And while realising economies must be kick started again to put bread back on the table, I'm wondering how the changes observed in the natural world will be looked back on. Fish swimming in the canals of Venice, Everest being visible from a 100 odd miles away for the first time in donkey's years. Will these become just temporary aberrations in the continuing destruction of our planet? Or a hope that mankind really can turn back the tide of wreckage that we as a species have unleashed?

Sitting down by my pond in the garden, I can see the movement of frogs in amongst the water plants. Behind me in the ash tree I can hear a brood of baby blue tits being fed by their busy parents. Different species of both solitary and bumble bees are buzzing in and out of the flowers. Its quite humbling to see nature going about its business in spite of everything that has been threatening us humans, as if in total ignorance of the grandoise impression we seem to have of ourselves.

Scass
21-05-20, 18:59
Sounds like you’ve got a lovely little spot in your garden there fish man [emoji4]

pulisa
21-05-20, 19:47
I'd love to be a baby blue tit being nurtured at the moment...instead of feeling a right tit instead!

You enjoy your own personal Nature Watch, fishman....It beats Covid Watch any day! Whatever brings you peace and solace has got to be a bonus.

FrankT
21-05-20, 19:48
I think this is a brilliant post too, it sums up just about everything that's happened since this year came in. And while realising economies must be kick started again to put bread back on the table, I'm wondering how the changes observed in the natural world will be looked back on. Fish swimming in the canals of Venice, Everest being visible from a 100 odd miles away for the first time in donkey's years. Will these become just temporary aberrations in the continuing destruction of our planet? Or a hope that mankind really can turn back the tide of wreckage that we as a species have unleashed?

Both!

kalny
22-05-20, 16:12
Hey guys, I hope everyone is safe and well.

I'm having a huge panic today as my wife has been told four people at her care home now have the virus. She was tested on Weds and we are awaiting the results. I'm terrified!

Scass
22-05-20, 17:07
Oh I’m sorry, that must be a scary wait. I hope she’s ok.

kalny
22-05-20, 17:40
Oh I’m sorry, that must be a scary wait. I hope she’s ok.

Same here! No symptoms at all... so hoping she is alright.

Scass
22-05-20, 20:19
Hey guys, I hope everyone is safe and well.

I'm having a huge panic today as my wife has been told four people at her care home now have the virus. She was tested on Weds and we are awaiting the results. I'm terrified!

There was someone else here in a similar position recently & they were all ok.

MyNameIsTerry
22-05-20, 21:32
I think this is a brilliant post too, it sums up just about everything that's happened since this year came in. And while realising economies must be kick started again to put bread back on the table, I'm wondering how the changes observed in the natural world will be looked back on. Fish swimming in the canals of Venice, Everest being visible from a 100 odd miles away for the first time in donkey's years. Will these become just temporary aberrations in the continuing destruction of our planet? Or a hope that mankind really can turn back the tide of wreckage that we as a species have unleashed?

Sitting down by my pond in the garden, I can see the movement of frogs in amongst the water plants. Behind me in the ash tree I can hear a brood of baby blue tits being fed by their busy parents. Different species of both solitary and bumble bees are buzzing in and out of the flowers. Its quite humbling to see nature going about its business in spite of everything that has been threatening us humans, as if in total ignorance of the grandoise impression we seem to have of ourselves.

Did you see the news article about the deer that had moved into a local estate? Tons of them lying about on the green outside the houses. It was beautiful.

There is a green on the estate near me. I take my dog for a walk around there sometimes. Over the past week 3 ducks have been on there. They must be living in the small group of trees in the middle. Someone has out 2 bowls out for them and one was tucking in a few nights ago. I've seen ducks on there before in previous years but usually they will be heading between the local park and lakes in opposite directions from me.

kalny
23-05-20, 10:16
There was someone else here in a similar position recently & they were all ok.

That's good to know. I'm trying to keep it together. My wife is amazing, she isn't worried at all. I however now have a sore throat so it's like one thing after another :(

Gary A
26-05-20, 17:59
My mum and myself were in the car today when someone we knew who had the virus about 2 months ago, came over to our car, took us off guard, and came up to my mum's side of the car to talk. They didn't lean in or anything but were near enough while talking and I'm just a little on edge about whether that person would still have that virus in their system? And would them talking have sprayed some particles on to my mum?

All the information I read is very conflicting on whether a person who had it, is not infectious anymore after a certain amount of time? I don't know if theirs concrete evidence on that from any proper source. But because that person was near, and talking just a little outside the car window where my mum was sat (we had the windows open too and no masks on), has me feeling a little upset and really worried now.

It was less than 2 minutes we spoke. Honestly I'm a nervous wreck with the constant worry everyday, and that just kind of happened without me noticing, until it happened. I don't know what to do. Everything I've read says that person shouldn't be infectious anymore?

A recent study found that an infected person is no longer shedding live virus particles after 11 days since first exposure.

I wouldn’t worry another minute about this, there’s just no way that a person would still have live virus after two months. Their immune system would either have fought off the infection or, if it hadn’t, that person would be hospitalised with severe symptoms.

fishman65
26-05-20, 19:33
Did you see the news article about the deer that had moved into a local estate? Tons of them lying about on the green outside the houses. It was beautiful.

There is a green on the estate near me. I take my dog for a walk around there sometimes. Over the past week 3 ducks have been on there. They must be living in the small group of trees in the middle. Someone has out 2 bowls out for them and one was tucking in a few nights ago. I've seen ducks on there before in previous years but usually they will be heading between the local park and lakes in opposite directions from me.Sorry Terry I somehow overlooked your response. So many threads on CV around here. Anyway no I didn't see the news article about the deer but I've heard a lot about wildlife coming out of the shadows as us humans have disappeared inside. I once saw a documentary where it was imagined how the planet would revert back to nature if the human race suddenly ceased to exist.

Domestic dogs would form packs, shrubs and trees would break up roads and buildings. I think the Eiffel tower would eventually collapse after about 200 years or something. Oh here it is, just googled it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftermath:_Population_Zero

Toby2000
09-08-20, 06:32
I'm surprised how quickly this thread died:ohmy:

Lencoboy
09-08-20, 15:25
I'm surprised how quickly this thread died:ohmy:

Seconded.

Probably because the 'other' main CV thread eventually took over since the end of May and consequently, this thread went south.

Until today, of course!!

venusbluejeans
09-08-20, 17:07
Seconded.

Probably because the 'other' main CV thread eventually took over since the end of May and consequently, this thread went south.

Until today, of course!!

This was the thread we had to post all of the coronavirus posts in before we made the COVID subforum. #

When the subforum was made people were free to make their own threads in the subforum rather than just on this particular thread... which is why this thread wasn't used anymore.

Lencoboy
09-08-20, 17:16
This was the thread we had to post all of the coronavirus posts in before we made the COVID subforum. #

When the subforum was made people were free to make their own threads in the subforum rather than just on this particular thread... which is why this thread wasn't used anymore.

Definitely makes sense to me.

venusbluejeans
10-08-20, 17:13
Definitely makes sense to me.

:yesyes: