PDA

View Full Version : leg pains

JR
04-11-03, 07:39
When I walk up stairs is when i can feel my leg pains the most. It's more like a stiff feeling. Like when you work your legs hard at the gym, then they hurt for the next couple of days? I wonder when these physical symptoms will go away?

twister
04-11-03, 11:17
Hi JR

you may like to take a potassium supplement as lack of this can cause leg cramps and pain in the back of the legs. It's very common on the Atkins diet! You can add it to your food in the form of lo-salt if you wish.

Meg
04-11-03, 16:25
Bananas and orange juice are a good supply of potassium - Potassium can be easily be overdone by supplements so do go easy. Both extremes of potassium - too high or too low can be dangerous.

Tonic water has quinine which reduces cramp as does salt but these pains sound more like large muscle contractures - could be anxiety related.Are they worse when you're worried. A deep massage will soon sort that out.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...