PDA

View Full Version : Colonscopy

pb
27-01-20, 14:11
Was due to have colonoscopy on 1st Feb, have now cancelled and rebooked for the 8th Feb.
So stressed about having the procedure and the results for left sided stomach pains.
Had colonoscopy 10 years ago.
Been getting some chest pain again , had ecgs and blood test in August for same symptoms.
I just can’t manage my anxiety..

WiseMonkey
27-01-20, 20:25
Was due to have colonoscopy on 1st Feb, have now cancelled and rebooked for the 8th Feb.
So stressed about having the procedure and the results for left sided stomach pains.
Had colonoscopy 10 years ago.
Been getting some chest pain again , had ecgs and blood test in August for same symptoms.
I just can’t manage my anxiety..

Colonoscopy is an easy procedure, the worse part is the prep. If you have sedation (which should be offered), then it will be over and done with quickly.

pb
12-02-20, 13:30
I have cancelled my colonoscopy yet again, because I have cancelled 3 times, the consultant has to review to see if I can rebook.
I hate health anxiety and myself.
Scared she won’t let me rebook and there is something wrong..

BlueIris
12-02-20, 13:34
Why do you keep cancelling?

nomorepanic
12-02-20, 13:42
Yeah, why cancel it?

pb
12-02-20, 13:56
Just being completely irrational and panicking.
Consultant has advised colonoscopy , so hopefully will let me reschedule.

BlueIris
12-02-20, 13:58
I get the fear of medical stuff (managed to ignore a low-grade skin cancer for five years before seeing a GP), but surely this is one of those horrible things you just have to go through with? By postponing it, you're just prolonging the fear. This isn't something that'll go away.

pb
12-02-20, 14:02
I know, I need to have this done. Do you think consultant will let me reschedule ?

BlueIris
12-02-20, 14:04
I genuinely have no clue, I'm sorry. Like I say, I avoid hospital visits myself ;0

pb
12-02-20, 14:24
Have gp appointment on Monday so will discuss with her.
Could have ct enema instead but have read the iodine can damage kidney function ..

Lady Penelope
12-02-20, 17:19
I had this done a few years ago. GP gave me Diazipam to take beforehand. I took 2mg night before, 2 mg on waking and another 2mg am hour before procedure which was at 11am. Was absolutely fine. Staff were so lovely and reassuring and I was very chilled. Ask GP for some Diazipam

pb
12-02-20, 18:17
Just hope they will still do it after cancelling x3