PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have inverted nipples?

HA1989
27-01-20, 20:51
I have inverted nipples for as long as I remember.

It is not that I am worried about though. I noticed yesterday some whiteish yellow discharge in one of them and a bit in the other. I think I have had this previously but just assumed it’s normal etc.

However, I notice that sometimes they are kinda “sweaty” (bleh sorry) and the left more than the right.

I think the discharge starts clear and goes whiteish. Could this possibly be sweat? I’m tearing my hair out here because I’m so sure this is cancer as “clear discharge” is a cancer symptom and my discharge when I un-invert the nipple is clear.

I’m so so scared and have spent hours online researching again and can feel myself spiralling. I will go to the doctors but unless they send me for an ultrasound I won’t feel any better.

Thank you for reading

ErinKC
28-01-20, 15:52
Do you have children? I randomly get discharge sometimes and my doctor told me the only thing to ever worry about it blood. Also, while clear discharge CAN be a sign of cancer, it's almost always not cancer. I just googled for you and read that only 9% of people over 50 with clear discharge had cancer. 91% of the time it was something else. And, it's a lot more common for it to be from only one breast when it's cancer and it sounds like you've had some from both sides.

HA1989
28-01-20, 17:27
Do you have children? I randomly get discharge sometimes and my doctor told me the only thing to ever worry about it blood. Also, while clear discharge CAN be a sign of cancer, it's almost always not cancer. I just googled for you and read that only 9% of people over 50 with clear discharge had cancer. 91% of the time it was something else. And, it's a lot more common for it to be from only one breast when it's cancer and it sounds like you've had some from both sides.

Thank you for replying.
I do have a 2 year old but didn’t breastfeed.

I’m becoming obsessed over them again and as they aren’t exactly symmetrical it’s driving me crazy :(

ErinKC
30-01-20, 02:48
Thank you for replying.
I do have a 2 year old but didn’t breastfeed.

I’m becoming obsessed over them again and as they aren’t exactly symmetrical it’s driving me crazy :(

I think even just having given birth and produced milk even temporarily can make it more likely to have this happen. Maybe give you gyn a call? This is probably a question they could answer in a matter of minutes and put your mind a ease!