PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr and more Grrrr!

Dave777
02-10-07, 12:26
Has anybody lent a friend a book,DVD or suchlike, only to have to suffer the indignity of trying to get it back?.

They've had my Master & Commander DVD for months, now they say they can't find it !!! more Grrrrrr !!!

never lending anything ever again !

not happy, of Essex:mad:

Piglet
02-10-07, 12:56
My friends never do this or they know the consequences,

Consequence 1 - wrestle them to the ground and physically remove the item!!

Consequence 2 - under the cover of darkness break into the house and steal it back, throwing item out onto the lawn and then leaping into a hedge to break the leap!!

Consequence 3 - to wait until an opportune moment to ask for the item back ie; during the best mans speech at their wedding (a personal favourite).

Consequence 4 - if all else fails I find the horses head in their bed very effective!!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

groovygranny
02-10-07, 13:11
Ruddy annoying aint' it?

I'd lend you my M & C mate.......

........but daughter and partner have had it for the last three months lol !:shades::wacko:

Hmm, what about daubing all your stuff with that ink stuff that never dries?

And then reporting it stolen to the police if it isn't returned within a reasonable time?

Might be entertaining to be a fly on the wall of your mate's house when they get the phone-call !!:emot-eek:

Happy Daze!!

:madness:XXX

Dave777
02-10-07, 13:30
re.Consequence 4 - if all else fails I find the horses head in their bed very effective!!!

Piglet you are a Star:yesyes:

I've opted for No.4 , is that you in bed? :) xxx

Piglet
02-10-07, 15:56
That is me in bed yes and that is what I do to men/horses who touch my pringles!!!! :ohmy:

Piglet :flowers:

Dave777
02-10-07, 18:56
Thanks GG for your copy of M & C, but Russell Crowe
looks more like "ol' Crowe" ??:ohmy:
Ahoy me Hearties!, extra Rum & Pringles :yesyes:

honeybee3939
02-10-07, 19:05
Ohh im keeping quiet....lol

Im the one who usually borrows things from my family and forget to give them it back.:blush: :blush:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

kazzie
02-10-07, 19:54
Hi Dave

Its ruddy annoying eh???

I have one friend who I never lend anything to any more cos she gives stuff lent to her away!!!!!:lac:

One of her daughters has a cd of mine and another a double duvet!!!

FLIPPIN CHEEK:mad:

Good luck with retrieving it!!!:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x

groovygranny
03-10-07, 00:03
Dave, you ol' b****r !!!

Do you know how long it took me to carefully, meticulously and sensitively prepare that cover for

"Master & Commander - The Alternative" ??

About 5 minutes lol !!

:madness::madness::madness:

PS: do you think it will sell ? :shrug:

PPS: I'll have the Rum, Piglet can have the Pringles lol !!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: XXX

Piglet
03-10-07, 10:50
Sounds a good deal to me GG!!! :hugs:

Piglet :flowers:

strawberrie
03-10-07, 14:01
uh oh, i've got to admit being like Andrea and being the borrower that forgets to give back :blush:

As a result my house is cluttered up with things i dont want, but i cant get rid of because they belong to someone else and because its been so long i'm too embarassed to give them back. i just wish there could be a 'borrower's amnesty day' or something and i could finally get rid of the various clothes, kitchen implements, diy tools, egg coddlers (:WTF: ), books etc. that various kind people have lent me :blush: .

My dad offered to lend me his electric sander a while ago, although he'd have to find it first as he couldnt remember where it was. My reply was that he'd be looking a long time cos it was already at my house from when he'd lent it to me about 5 years ago :blush: .

I very rarely ask to borrow something, but people seem to force stuff upon me. They obviously havent learnt their lesson. So if it helps Dave, it's just as annoying for the disorganised borrower as the lender :winks: .

mag