PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram worked b4 Will It Work Again ?

bluebirds2005
02-10-07, 17:33
hi guys i stopped taking my citalopram last decemeber after being on it for nearly 3 years with no side effects.But now nearly 10 months off it ive had to start taking them again.Its been a week now on 20mg a day and unlike last time im suffering a few side effects mainley increased anxiety and dizzyness.So what im wondering is if youve taken these meds b4 and they worked for u does it mean that they will work again if i give them time to kick in

Pickle
02-10-07, 17:56
Hi Gareth

I can't answer for citalopram as I've never taken it but I have been on Effexor 3 different times and each time it worked in exactly the same way. I'm lucky that I dont get side effects with this drug so it's the one I'd go back to if I had the choice. That said I was actually prescribed citalopram today so maybe I'll be back asking you questions in the future.

I'm sure your doctor wouldn't have prescribed it if he/she didn't feel it was the right one for you and given time I'm sure it will do exactly as it did before.

If you have any worries why not contact your surgery and ask for advice

Take care

honeybee3939
02-10-07, 18:15
HI Gareth

I have been taking Citalopram on and off for the last 10 years, sometimes i have had slight side effects when starting again other times i havent had any effects, the meds have always got me back on track.

I havent taken any meds since last christmas, the longest i have been without, so im hoping im off them for good now.
Hope that helps

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

woofybaby
02-10-07, 19:16
I went back on Citalopram after a break of about 10 months about 3 months ago. Had exactly the same side effects, but they lasted a little longer and it took a little while longer for the meds to kick in. However, now (3 months on) I'm almost there again!

Good luck....

lilly
13-10-07, 09:03
i have been taking citalopram for about two months, i had side affects for three weeks but then started to feel better, i knew i had to stick it out, hope you feel better soon