PDA

View Full Version : Waking Up with Panic

bluebirds2005
02-10-07, 17:35
im just wondering if anyone has been woken up by panic coz this morning i woke up feeling hot and as if i was choking which has really scared me coz ive never had this happen b4

michellemumof4
02-10-07, 18:35
Unfortunatly it is very common to wake up with panic or high anxiety, our nervous systems are on such a high alert that even the shock of the body waking is enough to trigger the aderanlin or send your anxiety levels higher promoting the flight or fight response, perhaps when you do wake lie there for a few moment taking some deep slow relaxed breaths and allow your system to settle down a little.

Hope this helps

michelle

Believe
02-10-07, 19:02
Blue

Hi, there sorry to hear you are having a bad day. You had such a good yesterday. Yes I have been woken up from panic.Do as Michelle told you to do. That will help.

Take Care:hugs:
Believe

I Believe In Time We All Will Get Better!

Insomniac
02-10-07, 21:19
I dont think I've ever been woken by panic. But I used to get panicky when I woke (if that makes sense). It was almost a sense of disorientation, which when I was suffering badly used to send me straight into anxiety and would then create the symptoms of panic. Dizziness, palpitations etc.

Now I try to give myself a moment before action. Even if I wake for the loo (excuse the tmi!). I wake then sit on the edge of the bed for a moment, then make my way so I dont get dizzy.

I have come to realise my body needs to relax and chill out more (or something) and I must give it a moment or it lets me know I need to slow down.

Lets take the cats' view of life. They wake, stretch, yawn, stretch a bit more then slowly get up. Sounds like they've got it sorted!