PDA

View Full Version : Coming of the meds at last!

EMMA
24-01-05, 22:16
Hi All,

Sorry not posted for a while but have been really busy. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year!

Anyway, the good news is I feel great! The doc has given the all clear to come off the meds gradually. I talk half a tablet every other day at the moment. I feel a little strange, like waves in my head but nothing major. I've been going to the gym and eating healthily.....even lost some weight! And the best of all is I managed to go on a plane last weekend! It was only to Edinburgh but it was a good start to get me back into flying again. I felt a little uneasy at first but read a couple of magazines and was fine.

Had a set back over Xmas though because my Nanna passed away. I had to have Diazepam to get me through the funeral. Felt very anxious and panicky. But feel fine again now. Put it down to the grieving process rather than anxiety.

I'm also taking Omega 3 capsules and Vitamin B Complex which I'm sure help.

It has taken a long time to get to this stage and I am always wary about posting in the success stories in case I have a set back. Fingers crossed though I am ok. My life is more or less back to normal. I have the odd crazy thought but I soon banish them!

Sorry for waffling on but I'm so chuffed with myself[Yeah!]:D:D

Good luck to all of you and congrats to all the other success stories. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care

Emma x

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 22:21
Hi Emma

Great news for you - well done. What do you think was the turning point in it all?

So sorry about your nan - must have been really hard for you and very upsetting.

You are doing great and I wish you a healthy future and one that is panic free.

Please let us know how things are from time to time ok?

Big hugs
xxx

Nicola

EMMA
24-01-05, 22:33
Hi Nicola,

I think the turning point has come through looking after myself. I don't let stress build up on me. Stress was a key trigger initially so I try to avoid it. Exercise has made a huge difference too. So I think it's the combination everything that has helped me. It has been gradual though. I've had to persevere. I've also stopped drinking in the week. I didn't drink a lot but it didn't help. I have so much more energy now. I don't think there is a miracle cure, it's a case of looking after yourself and trying to be positive and patient.

I'm not 100% about flying abroad but I'm still going to make the effort to go. I took an emergency diazepam with me to Edinburgh and didn't need it.

My Nan had been poorly for a while but it still came as a shock. I'm pleased that it hasn't put me back though.

Take care

Emma xx

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 22:39
Emma

Weird that cos my panic/anxiety almost went overnight cos I started diet and exercise. I still get some anxiety but it is nowhere near as bad. So it must work eh?

Good luck with the flying - it is something I did a few years ago again but still have other issues once I get abroad lol so not been on holiday for a while.

I hope you continue to move foreward and get better.

Nicola

seh1980
24-01-05, 22:41
hi Emma,

[Wow!] great news hun!! Keep up the good work!!

Sarah :D

Karen
25-01-05, 20:35
Hi Emma

You've done so well, that's great news.

Sorry to hear about your nan, that must have been really upsetting.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
26-01-05, 11:43
Hi Emma,

You have worked very hard to get where you are now and I
just want to say WELL DONE:D
Its not easy changing the way we think when Mr Panic has
you in his grip, but you have shown othere sufferers that
there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep those positive thoughts Emma.
I am soooooo happy for you:D:D:D:D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

lainey
26-01-05, 16:38
Well done Emma

Keep positive

Elaine x

FAN
26-01-05, 19:40
congratulations on getting so far hope it all carries on being well for you