PDA

View Full Version : Noise in my ear, its so annoying !

honeybee3939
02-10-07, 20:04
Hi

The last few nights while in bed, i have had the most annoying sound in my ear which is keeping me awake.:ohmy:

The first night it happened i was laid in bed and all i could hear was a noise like a car engine running, i actually got out of bed and looked out the window got back in bed and realised the noise was inside my ears !! I put my finger in my ear and the noise was even louder:ohmy: this as happened the last 3 nights and is keeping me awake.:weep:

As anyone else had this problem? its realy annoying me:weep:

Many thanks in advance

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

happyone
02-10-07, 20:53
Tinnitus hun? Not very pleasant. I have had it. I believe it can be causes by some meds and an inner ear thingy. I dodnt know why only bed time thogh?

happyone
xxx

nomorepanic
02-10-07, 21:28
You could try the steam inhaler thing in case it is blocked - see if that clears it.

Also pop to local pharmacy and ask them and they may take a look for you to see if it is blocked.

Hope it goes soon.

GemmaAnn
02-10-07, 21:32
Are you spending a lot of time in a noisey environment? that would explain why it only happens at bed time, when you come out of a noisey environment and go somwhere quiet (like your bedroom) then you can get a whining or similar sound in your ears.

xx

Piglet
02-10-07, 21:51
Do you think you may have got a baked bean stuck in it?

Love Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
02-10-07, 21:54
Thanks Happy, Nic and Gemma

Im not on meds anymore so i can rule that out, could be tinnitus like you say though Happy.

Nic,the steam inhaler sounds a good idea, will call in chemist tommo and ask them to take a look. Thanks for that.

Gemma, thanks also,i do work in a office which is real quiet and then at home so im not amongst any loud surroundings, its realy weired i have had the buzzing in ears before but never the engine noise:ohmy:

Lets see what happens tonight, just hope i can manage to get some sleep.:weep:

Thanks again everyone.:hugs:

Andrea
xxxxx

honeybee3939
02-10-07, 21:59
Piglet !!

Trust you !!!!:DROFL !!!

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

kazzie
02-10-07, 22:08
Sounds like ear wax to me Andrea!!!

Like Nic said see chemist:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

happyone
02-10-07, 22:10
That Piglet is flaming mad! Piglet....you make me laugh soooooooooooooo much!
Happyone
xx

Piglet
02-10-07, 22:18
We must always consider all possiblilites folks. :shades:

clickaway
02-10-07, 23:13
A random fact about me is that I've not had a baked bean since I went Youth Hostelling in 1969, and I don't have a noise in my ear, so Piglet could well be right hun!

However, it does sound a pain mate. I have recently had a 'silent' pain in one ear which comes and goes. And of course it only comes when my stress levels increase!

Hope you have a better night matey:)

:hugs: :hugs:

mirry
03-10-07, 08:06
Andrea it really sounds like tinnitus, do you get it in both ears ?
Having it in both ears is better than having it in one ear I have found out through my audiologist, apparently tinnitus is usually caused by meds or noise but if its in one ear it can be caused by a damaged nerve or rarely a acoustic neroma ( a benign growth). If it continues ask your doctor if you can see the audiology department .

On Tuesday next week I am having a 3 hour test to find out whats causing my buzzing in my left ear that I have had for 5 years, I also have poor balance and failed the nystugmus tests.

You can be fitted with a thing that looks like a hearing aid to block out the noise if its really bad , good luck with it .

honeybee3939
03-10-07, 22:04
Thanks everyone:hugs: :hugs:

Well last night i slept like a log:yesyes: :yesyes: no noises in ears, but this morning i woke up with a stinking head cold, been sneezing had headache and runny nose all day:weep: Maybe it was something to do with the cold coming along?? anyway, got mum to call at chemist for me while she was in town and i have some ear drops to try.:yesyes:

Thanks for your replies folks
Andrea
xxxxx

Believe
03-10-07, 22:18
Andrea,

Hi, I too have the buzzing in both ears, have had it for awhile now. Yes it's enough to drive batty. I hope that you are feeling alittle better now. I know when I am very stressed, the noise is much louder.

Hope that we all can get the noises out of your ears.:hugs:

Take Care
Believe

I Believe In Time We All Will Get Better!!!!!

groovygranny
03-10-07, 22:32
My dear Andrea,

I think I may have stumbled upon the cause of your noisy ear.....

http://mocoblog.com/wp-content/thumb-smallest.jpg....you've got one of those new 'miniature' mobile phones haven't you?

And you slept with it under your pillow didn't you?....

http://germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50130373/Pillow.jpg ( yuk! 'orrible colour for a pillow! :mad:)

.....and wondered where it was when you woke up in the morning....didn't you?:shades:

Sorted!!:blush:

Oh....you may need these to go with your ear drops....http://sallyhansen.dellabsdev.com/images/tweazers.jpg

Hope you get some relief !! :flowers:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

honeybee3939
04-10-07, 20:25
Ohhh GG

You are so funny :lisa: !!! I didnt realise they made mobiles so small !!! I want one!!!:yesyes:

Mine is soooo outdated !:blush:

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/babiken_retro_mp4.jpg

love
Andrea
xxxxxx

Piglet
04-10-07, 21:12
Andi mate I'm just the same in that I woke with a streamer too - I've spent most of the day with tissue rolled up and stuck up each nostril cos I am so bored with blowing it - like water from a tap!!

We must have caught it playing scrabby hun - lets hope we feel better tomorrow eh!

groovygranny
04-10-07, 21:29
Found just the thing for you PigletPinkyNosePringleChops !!!

http://sblom.com/hats/nozehat.jpg.......and Andrea, no chance you'll lose your phone if you keep it here! Although the one you showed us above might prove a tad too heavy lol !!!.....
http://guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/mobile_phone_ear.jpg

honeybee3939
04-10-07, 21:46
Ohh Piglet

I do hope we havent caught our cold in the scrabble room !!:ohmy:
Think we shall have to change our tactics !:yesyes:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/rth0152l.jpg

GG !! i love the toilet roll holder....ROFL !!!:lisa:

NOT SURE ABOUT THE PHONE THOUGH !! Wow that does look painful !!!!ya would definatley get buzzing in ya ear with one of those !!!:ohmy:

love
Andrea
xxxxx

Piglet
05-10-07, 09:27
Oh GG loved the toilet roll idea and am now sitting here with a replica on my head. I did not like the mobile holder not at all!!!!

Andi my words are getting even more stupidly small than they were before cos I feel so woolly headed!! Did you know that you can click a setting and have the numbers of the coloured squares come up??

Piglet :flowers:

clickaway
06-10-07, 01:28
I haven't got a cold, so I think it must be confined to people who actually find words of at least five letters :D

I hope the nose and ears soon clear up, but I think Andrex maybe on BOGOF this week :winks:

groovygranny
06-10-07, 07:38
Blimey,

GG's really slowing down - I've only just figured out wot you're talking about PigletPrinkyNose PringleChops lol !!:blush:

Gonna try it now, my move I think??:shades::wacko:

Err, what setting lol ???!!!!!! Come on Mrs FB expert - show me please !!!!

Dave777
06-10-07, 07:39
Haha very amusing as expected from GG and Piglet.
Wish moblie phones went back to brick size so I didn't need reading glasses to find the buttons !!! :blush:

Loved the toilet roll holder, must get one !

Sorry you have BEAN poorly Honeybee :winks:

Davexx