PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here today

Millicent
02-10-07, 22:01
Hi everyone
I am Millicent and have been suffering from depression and anxiety ON and off for a number of years.
Have now found a Doctor whom I have confidence in and hopefully this time I will start to improve with his help and the meds he has perscribed.
Just want to mention that I have tried Citalopram on 2 different occasions and it certainly did not help me at all, infact it made me feel far worse.
I find Prozac much better and it certainly helps my anxiety and depression,gives me a really goodnights sleep too
Would love to hear from others with similar stories
Thanks
Millicent

honeybee3939
02-10-07, 22:08
Hi Millicent

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Make sure you check out the symptoms,how to cope and first step pages also that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page, theres lots of great info that will help too:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Dave777
02-10-07, 22:32
Hi Millicent, nice to have you onboard :yesyes:

nomorepanic
02-10-07, 22:34
Hi Millicent

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

I hated Citalopram too but Prozac never touched the panic and anxiety for me - we are all different I guess!

groovygranny
02-10-07, 22:37
Hello Millicent:welcome:to you!

Pity the Citalopram didn't work for you but glad the Prozac is - just goes to show how different the effects of the same meds can be on different people.

Glad you're here though, you'll get plenty of help and support!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Millicent
02-10-07, 22:43
Hi Everyone and thanks for the nice welcome
Yes I think it is so important for fellow suffers to get together to share their fears and feelings.
Knowing that you are not the only one who dreads getting out of bed in the morning wondering how on earth it will be possible to see another day through.
The only advantage of going through these horrific times is that once you are feeling better,you can appreciate life that much more
I would love to hear from others with similar experiences and what helps them to cope
Thanks
Mill

Millicent
02-10-07, 23:02
Hi Nicola
Thanks so much for your response
I would be so interested to hear about your experience with Citalopram and what meds work best for you
Thanks
Mill

Southern_Belle
03-10-07, 00:47
Hi Millicent,

Welcome to NMP. Many medications work for different people. I'm happy you found something that works for you. You will find a lot of support here.

Hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
03-10-07, 12:27
Hello Millicent And Welcome To The Site.....wsih Ya The Best............linda

Believe
03-10-07, 13:19
Hello Millicent,

Welcome abroad. You will find lots of friends and advice here. I have not taking the meds that you asked about so I can't responed to them.

Take Care,
Believe

I Believe That In Time We All Will Get Better

trac67
03-10-07, 19:15
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
04-10-07, 19:40
Hi Millicent and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

chucklehound
04-10-07, 20:37
hi and welcome to nmp