PDA

View Full Version : Sensitivity to meds

MistyBlue
03-10-07, 09:44
I was just wondering if anyone on here suffers sensitivity to different kinds of medications.

For some reason, I can't take so many different types of medications, such as antidepressants, a lot of antibiotics etc as they make me feel so ill. I have to battle on with anxiety and depression without them, and it is such hard work.

It also exacerbates my health anxiety, as I not only worry about what illness I may have, but will I be able to tolerate the medication as well. :shrug:

Somedays I just wanna scream!!!!:frown:

Jimbo
03-10-07, 10:06
Me too misty,

I've always had problems with side effects with almost all psychiatric drugs, some I can't take at all. Also with some less significant things like Ibuprofen and Aspirin.

I guess some people are just more sensitive to these things than others. :shrug:

edit: Saying that, after trial and error, I am on some meds that I'm tolerating ok.

Jim :hugs:

MistyBlue
03-10-07, 10:31
Me too misty,

I've always had problems with side effects with almost all psychiatric drugs, some I can't take at all. Also with some less significant things like Ibuprofen and Aspirin.

I even bruise from Paracetamol! It's amazing how sensitive our bodies can be isn't it?

Glad to hear there are some meds you can take.:hugs: There are some I can take also, so all is not lost. :)