PDA

View Full Version : Worried about small bump on neck. Ingrown hair or lymph node?

THoltz
31-01-20, 00:43
Hello everyone

In the past few days I have felt a small on my neck. I can’t tell if this is an ingrown hair since this is an area where I shave regularly or is it a new lymph node. I’m thinking it’s an ingrown hair maybe but the anxiety is killing me.

does anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: That part of my neck gets red when I start touching it so that sounds like ingrown hair. Still worried though.

Careful1
31-01-20, 03:51
It’s probably not a lymph node but an ingrown hair like you said buttttttt even if it is a lymph node, why is it such a big deal? Lymph nodes are not cancer detectors. A reactive lymph node in most cases isn’t a cause for concern. It’s certainly not something you should be getting all worked up about.
Whatever this thing is, the best thing you can do is leave it alone so it can go away. If by chance it is a lymph node and you keep poking at it, you run the risk of it becoming shoddy.

Deep down you know there is nothing sinister going on and it is just your anxiety planting seeds in your brain. You gotta try and get the anxiety under control.

THoltz
31-01-20, 16:00
It’s probably not a lymph node but an ingrown hair like you said buttttttt even if it is a lymph node, why is it such a big deal? Lymph nodes are not cancer detectors. A reactive lymph node in most cases isn’t a cause for concern. It’s certainly not something you should be getting all worked up about.
Whatever this thing is, the best thing you can do is leave it alone so it can go away. If by chance it is a lymph node and you keep poking at it, you run the risk of it becoming shoddy.

Deep down you know there is nothing sinister going on and it is just your anxiety planting seeds in your brain. You gotta try and get the anxiety under control.

Hopefully this isn't TMI but I discovered it was an ingrown hair because white stuff came out of it when I popped.

At the same time I have a cold I think and every time I cough I can "feel" the bump so to speak. It's weird. Kind of has me anxious. I just feel run down with this cold. I should have just stayed at home and in bed.

Careful1
01-02-20, 04:29
If you were able to pop the bump and especially if stuff came out of it, it’s deff an ingrown hair or some other type of pimple etc.

I think your feeling the bump every time you cough is more or less trick of the mind. I understand your anxious but you have to keep reminding yourself that nothing is wrong, everything is fine and will be fine.