PDA

View Full Version : Got brave went to drs came out a mess

leebop
01-02-20, 00:47
Hi, I just went to Drs to get a referral to get a big lipoma on my leg out. I’ve been working
myself up to this day for years and was so proud of myself this morning for going in even though shaking to my core. I’ve had this lipoma for 10 years. Growing slowly and I had a ultrasound 7 years ago and
man who did it said it was lipoma. I was fine for years but then I read Liposarcoma can be slow growing and mistaken as just fat. I’ve been trying to talk myself out of this but dr said to
me today he wants me to go for another one to rule out anything else. Well now I’m a mess. I can’t breath and feel like I’m going to be sick. Could ultrasound have been wrong. Omg I hate this fear. It’s life consuming. 😥

ErinKC
01-02-20, 03:21
Hi, I just went to Drs to get a referral to get a big lipoma on my leg out. I’ve been working
myself up to this day for years and was so proud of myself this morning for going in even though shaking to my core. I’ve had this lipoma for 10 years. Growing slowly and I had a ultrasound 7 years ago and
man who did it said it was lipoma. I was fine for years but then I read Liposarcoma can be slow growing and mistaken as just fat. I’ve been trying to talk myself out of this but dr said to
me today he wants me to go for another one to rule out anything else. Well now I’m a mess. I can’t breath and feel like I’m going to be sick. Could ultrasound have been wrong. Omg I hate this fear. It’s life consuming. 😥

You had an ultrasound 7 years ago. It makes sense the doctor would want a new scan before cutting into it. It would be irresponsible not to, but that doesn't mean it's anything other than it was before.

leebop
01-02-20, 03:34
Thankyou for responding. Yes your right. X

ErinKC
01-02-20, 04:06
Thankyou for responding. Yes your right. X

No problem! And, "anything else" could be any number of other benign conditions also. It's just best to have as much info as possible before doing any procedure.