PDA

View Full Version : Feel dizzy after not eating for only 3 hours

Slsheeba567
01-02-20, 04:07
This isn't a new issue for me, however, it's come to the point where I've gotten extremely frustrated. In the past, I've been able to go many hours, or even a day without eating before feeling dizzy. In the past year or so, I have been eating more and more and I suppose my stomach has gotten used to the feeling of eater sooner and more, so perhaps that's a factor. Today before work I had my breakfast sandwich and coffee, at about 6:30/7. By the time 10:00 rolled around I was on the verge of passing out. I had to beg to go on break and eat something. This is not normal. At all. Like I said, this has been happening for a while now (though not quite to this degree), and I've gotten it checked out, sure it must be diabetes or low blood sugar problems, but my blood tests have come back completely normal and fine. I've even gotten more than one, became this has me feeling so baffled and frustrated. I have had problems with coffee where it will make me feel very anxious, but as long as I've drank it on a full stomach, it's never made me feel like fainting, so while I don't think it helped matters, I don't think it's the issue here. Honestly, my HA has gotten so much better since I've gotten on my meds a while back, I normally wouldn't even post about this, it's just affecting me so much in my day to day life, that I had to post about it. I even had to leave work early because it took me a while to feel normal again even after eating. Even just now typing this my face is really red and hot, and I still feel somewhat shaky. Please, does anyone have any advice for me about this? I really need these work hours, and this is seriously hindering me.

ankietyjoe
01-02-20, 18:19
So this has happened once?

Slsheeba567
01-02-20, 18:22
No, it’s happened a bunch of times before, this is just the first time it’s happened so soon after eating. My body felt like it hadn’t eaten it days, when in reality, it was only 3 hours.

ankietyjoe
01-02-20, 18:35
Well you mentioned you have been eating more and more lately. What kind of things do you eat?

Scass
01-02-20, 18:40
Perhaps you could try eating things that are more slow release and balanced?

Slsheeba567
01-02-20, 18:53
I’ll be honest, I eat junk. I’ll gorge myself on everything in sight if I’m bored, and try to cut corners for dinner (we’re talking a bag of chips) if I run out of money.

Slsheeba567
01-02-20, 18:54
That’s what I was thinking too, but I actually did end up eating a pretty filling meal before working and I still almost fainted :(

ankietyjoe
01-02-20, 18:54
I think we have successfully identified the nature of your problem.

Stop eating junk, then you won't get the carb crashes.

Slsheeba567
01-02-20, 18:59
Well said, it wasn’t until I replied that I realized that might be the problem lol

ankietyjoe
01-02-20, 19:06
It's all about the increase and crash in blood sugar. Junk food 'hits' you much harder, but the drop is much further afterwards.

If you eat healthy, whole foods, the glucose is effectively buffered by the need to digest and release the energy. Junk food it's all available without your body having to make any effort.

Junk food is also highly, highly likely to cause health problems down the line, so there's no downside in reducing the intake. You don't really have to exclude it completely, just don't binge on it every meal. It's easy to become addicted to it, so just be mindful.

Slsheeba567
01-02-20, 19:16
Thankfully I’m leaving to go back home soon, so I feel like it’ll be much easier to eat healthy!