PDA

View Full Version : Was stung/bit by something on the beach.

golddustgirl1000
01-02-20, 18:03
Hello everyone- it’s been a rough start to the new year- first I get the flu.. on my 30th bday- then I had a very bad Iud hormone issue- then I got a sinus infection clogging my ears and making me dizzy for a week...

But now onto something new that happened..

I was at the beach ( mind you I run barefoot there three times a week and have never had anything happen)- stepped over to take a photo of my mom and instantly felt this sharp/ burning/ stinging pain... nowhere near the water just up on the sand...

I looked down and saw a little thing sticking out of my foot- it looked like a red thorn with a clear/ yellow piece of something attached... I pulled it out and for the next hour it continued to sting/ randomly burn- now a few days later it’s itching nonstop and it left just a black dot...

I googled it and it looks like a bee stinger- but I didn’t see a bee- just the stinger... now for those of you that know me- you know my thoughts... what if it was a bat- they just discovered a rabid one outside a kohl’s less than 3 miles away 4 months ago..

Is it possible I stepped on it and it would fly away that fast? And what are the odds it would be a bat and a stinger.... basically you can see me trying to reason through this.... I just want to convince myself it was a bee.... today 4 days later my foot is still itching and starting to tingle...

ankietyjoe
01-02-20, 18:07
Was the bat sunbathing?

golddustgirl1000
01-02-20, 18:56
I mean... is it normal for a bee to be sunbathing?

venusbluejeans
01-02-20, 19:31
yep, bees like the sun and if it has flown a long way then it was likely to be just having a rest.

100% sure you would not see a bat in the middle of a beach in the middle of the day....... bats are nocturnal and bats are definitely not ninjas

golddustgirl1000
02-02-20, 15:17
Uh I’m just hoping- my foot is randomly itching and I’m still feeling tingling around the area..

I know I feel like if it was a bat there would
Be two marks and I would have at least seen it fly away right? I mean I know they arnt nocturnal.... but if one had rabies they act weird and can end up
Anywhere.

Fishmanpa
02-02-20, 15:53
Respectfully, of all the rabies threads you've posted, this one ranks near the top in fantasy.

Positive thoughts

venusbluejeans
02-02-20, 15:55
are you actually listening to anything? you 100% was not bitten by a rabid ninja bat in the middle of the day on a beach

Carys
02-02-20, 16:34
Bats don't bury in sand on beaches, you have evidence of the stinger in your foot - so why are you honestly thinking its anything different?

The stinger separates from the bee when its under threat and after it stings, and the bee then dies! So, its flying nowhere. What you saw was the venom sac (the yellow bit). Itching non-stop is what they do I'm afraid, I've had a few wasp and not bee stings and they have itched for months.

For future reference, when you remove the sting, you should avoid touching the venom section and use your finger nail above it to prise it out. That avoids pressing more venom into your skin. Any insect sting runs the possibility of becoming infected, especially if you are running around barefoot, so just keep an eye on that really. Though, I have to say, none of mine have become infected.

MyNameIsTerry
03-02-20, 12:41
When you have a fear like this your subconscious is bound to blurt out 'but perhaps it was a bat...' even if you bumped your leg on a chair. It's just the subconscious asking a question thinking it may help protect you. What matters is how you deal with it. Analysing and looking for a 100% answer (and reassurance seeking) as well as fighting with yourself over it will only feedback to your subconscious that it is right to keep raising questions like this.

golddustgirl1000
04-02-20, 01:13
Thank you everyone yes, I mean I know a bat wouldn’t be on the beach... but I also know rabid animals sometimes do things that Arnt normal.. but at the same time - there wasn’t marks- there was a stinger... so I have to set my mind at ease. It’s been nonstop itching- but I think that’s normal .

golddustgirl1000
05-02-20, 22:32
So.. is it normal for entire foot to be tingling a week later? No numbness but still itching and tingling in top- I felt the jab on the side... between my ankle and heel...

Is this normal

venusbluejeans
05-02-20, 22:53
What is normal for someone with Health anxiety is for them to concentrate on their symptoms and how they feel and convince themselves that they have the symptoms or make the symptoms worse by concentrating on how the symptom feels.

golddustgirl1000
07-02-20, 06:12
Thanks... I’m trying to power through.

Scass
07-02-20, 07:00
Thanks... I’m trying to power through.

Is it swollen, hot or red? If it is then I’d go to your local pharmacy and gets some advice - they might suggest antihistamine or something.

If it’s none of these then it may be your anxiety possibly.

golddustgirl1000
07-02-20, 09:55
No just itchy. But right now I’m having a huge issue..: I’ve been feeling fine all day was about to go to bed and feel like half of body is about to give out or start shaking.... I’m having trouble with focusing and feel like I’m gonna go kinda craxy any second.. it’s like a tingling/ electrical pulse sensation running from my next down my arm.:: I fear this is the beginning of the delirium stage::: help? It keeps jolting me awake!

golddustgirl1000
07-02-20, 10:02
My whole body feels like it’s tingling - itching and I keep feeling jolts!

Scass
07-02-20, 23:06
Look, I’m not a doctor so I don’t want to give you medical advice. Go to your pharmacy and asked their advice if you’re worried.

golddustgirl1000
08-02-20, 04:46
Lol I have- everyone told me it’s normal... I’m not saying these symptoms are related to bee sting.... I’m nervous it’s something else...

Carys
08-02-20, 10:16
You've basically 'got yourself in a stew' to be honest, due to the sting, and imagination is running riot ?!

golddustgirl1000
16-02-20, 21:27
Haven’t had any symptoms but today the foot that was stung/bit has been tingling/ prickling- not both just one... help!

Fishmanpa
16-02-20, 21:39
What do you want people to say? if you're that concerned, go to the doctor. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

golddustgirl1000
16-02-20, 21:55
... I’m confused.: told ya so? I understand your frustration with “people like us” but to be honest your lack of compassion doesn’t always help.. it kind of makes me want to skip past what you say... and makes me feel more disrespected- you must have anxiety issues or have had them in the past if your here... you must know what it feels like, and honestly, I hope during your journey, you weren’t pushed down... again no disrespect towards you- but a little understanding and compassion would be appreciated.

golddustgirl1000
16-02-20, 21:58
Maybe all this would make more sense if you knew that a few months ago a rabid bat was found outside on the ground of a public store ( Kohl’s) just 1 mile from the beach I was at...

Fishmanpa
16-02-20, 23:10
... I’m confused.: told ya so? I understand your frustration with “people like us” but to be honest your lack of compassion doesn’t always help.. it kind of makes me want to skip past what you say... and makes me feel more disrespected- you must have anxiety issues or have had them in the past if your here... you must know what it feels like, and honestly, I hope during your journey, you weren’t pushed down... again no disrespect towards you- but a little understanding and compassion would be appreciated.

What's confusing about it? After THREE YEARS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?206397-Terrified-and-Scared-about-Rabies)of rabies threads, what do you want or expect? In that time, in spite of a few CBT sessions, has there been any progress, self help or long term (meds) real life professional help to help you deal with the irrationality of your fears? Lack of compassion? How can one show compassion to someone that continually shoots themselves in the foot and allows it to bleed out? Disrespect? How is it disrespectful to point out reality? Shouldn't reality reassure you?

Yes, I suffered with depression and 'scanxiety' after my real illnesses. The difference is I sought real life professional help, took meds, worked hard and moved on as opposed to allowing it to control my life. As far as why I'm here? I originally came here after following HA sufferers from the cancer forums I was part of to this site. I came to give them a piece of my mind for the disrespect they showed on that forum as well as other disease forums. I stayed to offer some rationality to the irrationality so prevalent here. Also, as my daughter is a sufferer, the site offered resources and advice that has helped me help her. What I say here is no different than what I say to her when she goes off the deep end. Apparently, some don't see it that way so carry on.

So yeah... go to the doctor. Maybe show him the tread and see what he says. I won't comment on your threads any more.

Best of luck and as always....

Positive thoughts

golddustgirl1000
17-02-20, 01:27
I think the sad thing here is the curtain that the web allows to be able to hide who people really are. If you knew me, like actually knew me- you would have a much different opinion Of me. I run a full-time business have dozens of repeat clients, and tons of friends, I have a lot of support, an amazing husband and an amazing family. I travel all over the world, and take more risks than you probably would guess- if you knew me- you might not be so assuming that I allow things to control my life. I’m an extremely huge extrovert and love to keep myself busy, active and go out.

For my my HA is a sin struggle- I’m a bible believing Christian, and yes I beleive that I have a spiritual enemy that likes to push my buttons all day long. I’ll go through months where I’m okay, and months where I’m Not. Just like an alcoholic or someone who is a narcissist- I don’t believe medication is the route for me as I don’t believe I have an imbalance- this forum is a place where when I’m alone- and my mind is wandering I come to to seek reassurance and help- not because my friends and family are sick of me- but because my friends and family don’t deal with the same personality struggles I do- I’m an enneagram 6, look it up.... I’m a loyalist worst case scenario thinker who is always trying to protect my herd... and I strive for safety- unfortunately I can’t turn it off when it comes to myself... so here I am trying to pull back the curtain.

I’m sorry for your “real diagnoses” but for someone my age I have had a few “real” health problems-honestly I’m probably your daughters age.... This isn’t a place to compete- my dad died when I was 21 of prostate cancer- my aunt and my husbands grandfather both had an incredibly rare disease, my grandmas... breast cancer and Alzheimer’s...- Me having to be tested for a heart attack/ blood clot and lupus at 23 when no one knew what was happening opened me up to a world of things I didn’t want to know existed.... so unfortunately I have experienced things that have set me on edge even more...

Not trying to make anyone feel bad, but hoping that someone else stumbles upon this and hoping that other people see , read, and remember that there are real humans with real lives behind these messages.

BlueIris
17-02-20, 06:55
Mental illness is a real problem, though, and I don't think anybody here is denying that. However, with the correct help and a lot of hard work, it can be overcome.

However, if you're not prepared to acknowledge this and put the hours in, it can be a nightmare. It's also indiscriminate - it can affect absolutely anybody regardless of circumstances. You have a great life? Congratulations; you're already better off than a lot of people here.

None of this changes the fact that seeking reassurance is actively unhelpful to your condition... or your "sinning". Good to know I'm weak rather than unwell, that's a great way to brighten my day.

golddustgirl1000
19-03-20, 06:25
I’m sorry but I think your badly misunderstanding and projecting a lot of what I’m saying. I’m saying that despite having anxiety- you can still have a happy life, the good and the bad can coexist at the same time...I love my life, but I still have anxiety- doesn’t mean it’s right- doesn’t mean not working on it..
Just means that we are complex as humans and can live in both realms at once.

Never said you were weak... never said that at all.

Scass
19-03-20, 06:47
We’re all real people too, with feelings and lives and stuff in the background.

Anyway, how’s your foot?