PDA

View Full Version : Body temperature higher than normal.

Modestaustin811
02-02-20, 15:35
I was really sick in november and december with the flu and ever since then my body temperature has been doing weird things.
I used to be in the low 36 degree celcius range in the morning 96.8 - 97.4. But now in the mornings i'm always 36.8 - 37.0 (98.2. -98.6) and the weird thing is my temperature rarely fluctuates from this throughout the day. I may hit 37.3 or 37.4 at night or in the afternoon. But I feel like I'm almost a degree warmer everyday.
I've been worried about autoimmune conditions and I'm kind of freaking out over this. I had waking up and feeling so hot every morning.
What is everyone elses normal temperature? Do you keep track of this?

Fishmanpa
02-02-20, 15:42
Unless I'm actually sick or feeling sick, I don't take my temperature. What you posted are all within NORMAL ranges so..... :shrug:

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
02-02-20, 17:28
Go and bury the thermometer in the garden, or throw it in a river.

You are worrying over a reading that is EXACTLY where it's supposed to be.

There is no point in you checking all the time, except if you actually want your brain to learn to worry about it...in which case, mission accomplished.

Hasp1875
25-02-20, 19:28
Modestaustin I have had the same so reading these replies have made me feel better.
Was so worried my temperature was different from what it used to be and now I have a thermometer, IÂ’m obsessed with checking my temperature and itÂ’s been sending my anxiety through the roof when itÂ’s 36.8 in the morning!!

Pkstracy
27-02-20, 02:12
Normal body temp is 97-100 degrees Normal body temperature varies by person, age, activity, and time of day. The average normal body temperature is generally accepted as 98.6°F (37°C). Some studies have shown that the "normal" body temperature can have a wide range, from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C).A temperature over 100.4°F (38°C) most often means you have a fever caused by an infection or illness. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001982.htm Note it says over 100.