PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph nodes?

oceanscape
03-02-20, 11:20
Still having my lymphoma worries. Just wondered what exactly swollen lymph nodes feel like?

I keep getting what look and feel like spots along the occipital lymph node regions at the back of my neck / behind my ears.

They are always exactly where the occiptal nodes are, which is what worries me, but they are like acne spots / pimples - i.e. raised, small, round and tender to touch. Could these be lymph related?

NotDeadYet
04-02-20, 00:37
Oceanscape,

First and foremost, if you have the question, go see a doctor. They'll tell you right off the bat what they are.

they are like acne spots / pimples - i.e. raised, small, round and tender to touch

Even if they are lymph nodes you have described healthy lymph nodes doing their job.

Best Wishes

NancyW
04-02-20, 03:33
My coworker's son had lymphoma. She said the lymph node looks like a fist sticking out of his neck.

There was no wondering, no guessing, no question that there was something seriously wrong.

Limeslime
04-02-20, 10:41
A reactive, swollen lymph node in that region would feel like a grape....at the very least! Lymphoma would be even larger than that and would grow fast,
What you are describing is not swollen nodes!
Sometimes you can feel them even when they’re not swollen. As long as they are less than 1cm, they’re just normal, healthy little nodes!
(This is all stuff my GP told me when I’ve we t to her with the same worries!)