PDA

View Full Version : Cancer worries

Worriedwobbler
04-02-20, 07:38
Hi I'm a 33 year old female with high blood pressure controlled by ramipril. I have had a tickly cough for months that just wont go. Last week I had a severe chest pain that radiated up to my right shoulder and disappeared after a few days. I noticed when the pain had gone that the area on my collar bone looks swollen, it isn't a lump just looks really puffy. The doctor is sending me for a ultrasound but I'm now convinced I either have lung cancer or lymphoma. I get chest pains on and off that a sharp and quick and also wake up in the night with mid back pain. I had bloods done a couple of months ago and everything was fine on that front. I'm really scared I'm going to be told I've got cancer, I have 2 beautiful children and my worst fear is leaving them

ankietyjoe
04-02-20, 08:26
Sounds like reflux to me.

You're catastrophising worst case scenarios.

Limeslime
04-02-20, 10:28
I’m seriously confused about why the doctor is referring you to u/s for a swelling that isn’t a lymph node/obvious lump! I’m guessing this is just to give you reassurance, and not actually because they think anything is wrong.
Lymphoma would not present as “puffiness”. A swollen lymph node is very distinctive!

Worriedwobbler
04-02-20, 16:15
Thanks for the replies, what worries me about the collarbone is when I put my arm out horizontal I can sort of feel something hard but I'm not sure if its muscle or a tumour.