PDA

View Full Version : Dentist visit... oral cancer/lymph nodes/salivary glands

NancyW
05-02-20, 20:34
Just got home from the dentist.. during my exam he was behind my head with 1 hand on each side of my face touched my cheeks ever so gently, down to my jaw, under my chin, down both sides of my neck. The had me open my mouth, tip of tongue to the roof of my mouth, then tip of my tongue to left cheek, right cheek and stick tongue out and say, ahhh.

Done. No poking, prodding, no flashlight in my mouth. His touch was so gentle it tickled.

Please think about that the next time you're prodding around looking for trouble.

Limeslime
05-02-20, 21:45
No light?!!! Surely that’s not right!

Rox2019
05-02-20, 23:09
So I’m not crazy for thinking what the heck when my ENT barely touched my neck looking for abnormal things ? Lol!!! When I say “barely” I mean he was basically running his fingers across my neck. When I’m touching my nodes I have my fingers shoved into my skin. So this was a good post! Thank you!

Fishmanpa
06-02-20, 00:09
Many here know I'm a survivor of Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer. When the node in my neck swelled, it was obvious. I didn't have to poke and prod, turn my head a certain way etc. You could clearly see it and in the 3 months that followed the initial discovery, it grew... a lot! We're talking from the size of a small grape to a small egg. The ENT examined me the same as is stated in the posts and immediately escalated things for scans tests etc. They don't mess around when they suspect something sinister I assure you!

Positive thoughts