PDA

View Full Version : I've hit a low point - feeling very afraid

BrokenGirl
05-02-20, 23:31
I'm just feeling so down lately, and worried and anxious about everything. I'm asking myself what's the point anymore? I don't think I'll ever feel happy again, or not be worried or stressed over things.
My doctor has signed me off work for a month due to exhaustion and back issues. I'm going for an MRI on my back tomorrow, which of course I'm worried about.

My 12 year old daughter has always been on the sensitive side, but lately she is getting upset over a lot of things. I went in to chat with her tonight and she was after googling anxiety disorder. She said she thinks she has GAD. I'm beginning to think she may be right but I don't know the best way to handle this. She's only 12.

And this one might sound weird, but I was talking to my son tonight, who's 18. He was just after having a shower and he had his right hand up inside his t-shirt, kind of around his left breast/underarm area. I went into him in his bedroom about half an hour later and he was doing it again. I'm afraid he was feeling something there, and his mood changed. He went quiet and just wanted me to get out of his room, which is not like him. And I know there's a chance that this is all in my head. There could have been loads of reasons his hand was there, and loads of reasons he wanted me out of his room. But I will always think the worst, it's as if I'm expecting it to happen.

I wish I could find strength from somewhere to just carry on, and deal with things if and when they happen. It really feels like I'm being sucked into a hole at the moment.

Fishmanpa
06-02-20, 00:16
I'm sorry to hear this. It appears your children are being sucked into the same hole you created :( I believe that's a huge red flag that your anxiety issues are affecting your children and hopefully it can be a catalyst to address your issues and seek help for your children so it doesn't affect them long term as it has you.

Positive thoughts

SnowyGreen
06-02-20, 05:10
:weep: Your poor kids, please get help for yourself, as Fishmanpa said, your children are being sucked into the same hole you created.

I grew up with someone who had health anxiety and they put all sorts of fear into me as a kid, that as an adult, I was beyond ****ed up.