PDA

View Full Version : Nose tingling

Jase.
08-02-20, 15:36
I've had tingling on and off in my legs since last October now so this is a new one...

I now have tingling on my nose. It's not inside my nose, it's on the outside. It's driving me crazy :( It slightly spreads out to my right cheek too.

I've been using nasal spray once a night for quite a while now. I find that one side of my nose blocks up every single night so I always spray it because I'm worried I won't breathe properly while I'm sleeping.

Any advice/reassurance would be appreciated because I'm so worried right now and the usual horrific neurological problems are slowly popping up in my mind :(

Just a note - I've never experienced any numbness. I've also been experiencing twitching in my eyelid and just below my eye.

Cptdebbie
09-02-20, 00:51
I don't know if this will help, but I have had long periods where I've experienced tingling. I've also experienced numbness. And, twitching has been my companion off and on for decades. I seriously doubt you have anything sinister. Anxiety just messes your body up.

Best of luck!!

Jase.
09-02-20, 22:31
I don't know if this will help, but I have had long periods where I've experienced tingling. I've also experienced numbness. And, twitching has been my companion off and on for decades. I seriously doubt you have anything sinister. Anxiety just messes your body up.

Best of luck!!

Thanks for that :)

Have you ever been to the docs about your tingling/numbness? If so, what have they said?

Cptdebbie
10-02-20, 00:02
I honestly can't remember if I've ever talked to my doctor about my tingling/numbness. I've been at this anxiety/depression thing for 40 years. I probably did in the beginning. I do, however, distinctly remember talking to my psychiatrist about my tongue twitching. He wasn't at all concerned.

The symptoms that I've had forever don't usually concern me any more. I did a quick google search for you (even though I've sworn off google). Here's the top response:

It is common for anxiety to cause feelings of numbness and tingling. This can occur almost anywhere on the body but is most commonly felt on the face, hands, arms, feet and legs. ... It can also be caused by hyperventilation and increased oxygen intake which is particularly felt in the extremities and the face.

Don't google. It is not a good thing to do. I once googled "bleeding gums from flossing" just to see what I got. It took looking at over 50 hits to find one that said it could be from pushing too hard. All of the rest discussed scary diseases.

Jase.
10-02-20, 16:03
I honestly can't remember if I've ever talked to my doctor about my tingling/numbness. I've been at this anxiety/depression thing for 40 years. I probably did in the beginning. I do, however, distinctly remember talking to my psychiatrist about my tongue twitching. He wasn't at all concerned.

The symptoms that I've had forever don't usually concern me any more. I did a quick google search for you (even though I've sworn off google). Here's the top response:

It is common for anxiety to cause feelings of numbness and tingling. This can occur almost anywhere on the body but is most commonly felt on the face, hands, arms, feet and legs. ... It can also be caused by hyperventilation and increased oxygen intake which is particularly felt in the extremities and the face.

Don't google. It is not a good thing to do. I once googled "bleeding gums from flossing" just to see what I got. It took looking at over 50 hits to find one that said it could be from pushing too hard. All of the rest discussed scary diseases.

You're a star!