PDA

View Full Version : I Need Guidance

hon11
04-10-07, 16:50
Hi, my name is Steve and I am new to this site.

I have never written anything like this before or contributed to a forum but I feel why not never ventured and the like.

I need some guidance and help from a female so I can understand the hurt or a male who has gone through what I am at the moment and what did he do.

I am married with a 6 month baby but I am being unbearable to my wife.

The last year has been a difficult one personally as I have started a new business which meant 18 hour days over six days that is crumbling around me at the moment. I gave up a very good and well paid job to start this job against the wishes of my wives family who preferred the safe and secure life.

This caused problems who her father and we have not spoken in six months; I am in the process of selling the business so I can spend time with my family.

But I just feel moody when I am in the house and when we are alone we hardly speak. I do sometimes snap at the most silliest thing but I am to pig headed to admit I am wrong. If I go out socially I feel uncomfortable and usually make excuses and leave.

My wife has gone away for the weekend so we can have some space from each other and I am spending time with my family close to home and she is with friends.

I know this sounds more like marriage guidance but I just feel tired, moody, and totally wrapped up in my own self pity.

Any advice???

Insomniac
04-10-07, 17:37
Hi Steve and welcome!

Its hard to say for certain, because its usually good to hear both sides. But I can say that my husband left a job with a decent wage but bullying new manager last August and went self-employed.

We nearly lost our house. But luckily we have kept on talking. I suppose so long as your wife can see you are doing whatever you can, you should be ok. Keep talking. Blame isnt what you need to think about now - just make things as easy as you can on your family. My hubby went to the council, landlord, etc and explained. And hemade sure he got a job which meant he had some money coming in. We have made arrangements to repay our debts. I personally have moments when I resent our difficulties, but I do understand his old boss was pure evil and he could not have worked there much longer anyway without getting ill.

He was irritable because he felt terrible about our situation and felt responsible. He's also a guy who believes in taking care of his family and was desperately worried about making things better. This meant he wasn't sleeping or eating well, which makes it harder to cope. All these things worries, lack of sleep etc make a person short-tempered.

Dont worry about sounding like marriage guidance. Everyone needs to offload sometimes. Do you have friend or family you can talk honestly with? It really does help.

Hope things get better soon. :)

hon11
04-10-07, 18:37
Thanks,

I do have people I could talk to. I am just very poor at letting my feelings be known to others.

I have always bottled them and managed to sort myself out in the longrun but this feels different as I don't seem to be managing in myself.