PDA

View Full Version : Logging My Health Anxiety!

sammaex
10-02-20, 00:35
Hello all! This is a thread I'm going to use to catalogue my journey with health anxiety and how I'm handling it. I am fairly new to this whole health anxiety thing (I've only been dealing with it for a few months) and already I am so tired. I truly admire those of you who have been struggling with it for years, and I wish you all the best on your road to freeing yourself from the anxiety! As for me, today is day one of my log! Earlier this week I was hospitalized for a panic attack (I was convinced I was dying) and it has dawned on me that the brain is a very scary thing. I was so convinced of these "problems" I was having that I FELT the symptoms. I physically could feel myself having appendicitis or a heart attack or internal bleeding, even though none of those things were occurring. Right now, my thought process is that life is too short to worry about my health or death or any of those other anxieties. I am healthy and making great strides in my life, I love my friends and family, and everyday I am learning new and exciting things about the world. There's so much I want to experience and do, and the constant worry of death or my own health will only stop me. I'm determined not to do that. Today was a fairly anxiety free day, although I still cannot shake my feeling of mental instability. I think a part of me no longer trusts my body and brain after my panic attack. Trusting myself again will be a process, but I believe I am capable of it! If any of you should stumble across this thread, feel free to add to it with your own logs/experiences!! If nobody sees this thread, that's fine too! I'm looking forward to what the future holds for us all :)))

Cptdebbie
10-02-20, 01:22
Welcome Sammaex. I’m sorry for what you’re going through. Health anxiety sucks!! However, it sounds like you have a lot of good in your life. That will help you get through this.

Trusting myself is a huge issue for me. I suffer from complex PTSD and was essentially Programmed for 40 years to not believe my own thoughts and feelings. I have a lot of deeply embedded issues to deal with.

The fact that you are so quickly on a good path is awesome. Good for you!! It speaks well of you and your prognosis. I will look forward to reading your log. What you wrote today is beautiful and inspiring. :hugs:

Allochka
10-02-20, 19:47
Hello Sammaex!
It is great you’ve decided to kill the anxiety beast right from the start. The longer it goes on, the harder to shake it off, but definitely possible.
Please look atbthe sticky posts in this section- there are many motivational things!
Good luck to us in our struggle!