PDA

View Full Version : The last week

mat74
04-10-07, 17:36
Hi everyone I hope you are all well.

I thought I would pop on with a progress report as I have not posted for over a week now (I'll be brief as I have to do a few things in a bit)

Well, the increased dose of Citalopram (20mg from 10mg daily) seems to be kicking in, I still get panicky but my heart rate seems to have calmed down a little.

I had my first session with a counsellor last night, not much discussed as it was an initial assessment but she seems really nice. I am having to pay for this privately as the NHS waiting list is obscene. Weekly sessions at £35 for 50 minutes (glad that my contributions from work doesn't get me an appointment for over a year!) I also thought if I leave it I will just get worse so made the positive step to do it privately.

I also made it back to work on Wednesday and managed to get through Wednesday and today. Still a bit sweaty/clammy and light headed at work but I'll be honest, I got through it relatively OK with no real major panic or anxiety (phew!)

The travelling on the tube makes me more anxious - I used to be OK with it but now sit there and sip water and try to sleep and take my mind off of the journey - luckily I have been OK(ish) but do feel a bit dizzy on the tube )-:

Friday tomorrow then off to Birmingham (I live in Essex) for the football Saturday with friends. Just hope I am OK to travel on the trains and see the match - you think I will be OK around friends and at football? I really want to try and enjoy Saturday although I will admit I will also look forward to getting home and sitting down and relaxing in front of the TV!

At the end of October I am flying to Cork for the Jazz festival - I also want to be Ok for this. It is a shame I cannot sup some Guinesses with friends as I am on medication but I will try and enjoy it with an Orange Juice or 2, and of course a ciggie or 2 (I know, bad for you!)

Hope you are all well. Supposed to be going swimming later but I just feel like relaxing tonight to be honest. Being back at work has knocked me out to be honest but I have to do it and try and act as normal as possible.

Mat x

honeybee3939
04-10-07, 19:48
Hi Mat

Thanks for the update hun, sounds like everything is going well !

Im pleased to hear you are back at work:yesyes: you seem to be real busy and coping with it all too:yesyes: :yesyes: .

Its always good to read about peoples successes so keep us posted on how things go!:)

WELL DONE !!!!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

woofytalk
09-10-07, 14:12
Hi Mat,

I'm fairly new here, so i've had to backtrack through your success story. i just wanted to say congratulations to you. Every success story holds inspiration for those still in the grips of anxiety. I have yet to post my success story. Soon enough...:D

-Rachel