PDA

View Full Version : Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Pages : [1] 2

mischamoonlight
05-08-18, 14:39

lucymarie
05-08-18, 14:45
OK - while I can’t give you an explanation of all your symptoms I can share an experience of PE that will hopefully help. Years ago my Dad went to A&E because of a sudden onset of severe symptoms. He had a very very swollen, hard, red and painful calf. He then began having quite severe chest pain and shortness of breath. Long story short he had a DVT the entire length of his right leg that broke off into his lungs causing a PE. He was in hospital for about a week and after that he didn’t have any issues with it again. Although he was on warfarin from that point. Anyway my point being. He was in extreme pain and was quite clearly acutely very ill, it wasn’t something anybody had time to sit and question. If you had a PE you would know about it.

mischamoonlight
05-08-18, 15:05
OK - while I can’t give you an explanation of all your symptoms I can share an experience of PE that will hopefully help. Years ago my Dad went to A&E because of a sudden onset of severe symptoms. He had a very very swollen, hard, red and painful calf. He then began having quite severe chest pain and shortness of breath. Long story short he had a DVT the entire length of his right leg that broke off into his lungs causing a PE. He was in hospital for about a week and after that he didn’t have any issues with it again. Although he was on warfarin from that point. Anyway my point being. He was in extreme pain and was quite clearly acutely very ill, it wasn’t something anybody had time to sit and question. If you had a PE you would know about it.

Thank you for sharing that with me, it gives me a better understanding of things. Glad to hear your dad is doing well now as well!

Fishmanpa
05-08-18, 17:03
Why did you delete your thread in Symptoms? All the reassurance and advice gone. Disrespectful to say the least :lac:

FMP

AMomentofClarity
05-08-18, 17:19
Why did you delete your thread in Symptoms? All the reassurance and advice gone. Disrespectful to say the least :lac:

FMP

I second this. It also removes information about your state of anxiety and panic that potential respondents to this thread are entitled to having before offering advice.

KK77
05-08-18, 17:20

FMP

Scass and I were last ones to reply and she just deleted the whole thread - presumably so it wasn't merged with any more new posts :lac:

mischamoonlight
05-08-18, 18:17

FMP

Woah Woah Woah, hang on a minute. I'm not disrespecting anyone, that's really hurtful. I couldn't get a cohesive thread because their were different answers that didn't relate to what was being talked about.

lucymarie
05-08-18, 18:18
Did I walk into an elephant trap :whistles:

mischamoonlight
05-08-18, 18:27
I second this. It also removes information about your state of anxiety and panic that potential respondents to this thread are entitled to having before offering advice.

I'm not going to keep repeating myself and apologising consistently, it was deleted because I couldn't understand which answer was for which question as they were becoming mixed up so the whole thread wasn't cohesive. I have not been disrespectful and it really hurts when people all start attacking me for something as simple as a thread being deleted. I'm going through enough without feeling like I'm a horrible person for something so simple.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Did I walk into an elephant trap :whistles:

Sorry you walked into this, apparently I've done a terrible thing by removing an older thread that I had asked different questions on but became muddled full of different answers. Thanks for replying earlier, I just don't think I can come on here again. I may even delete my account, I just can't cope with this on top of my real life personal problems. Sometimes I don't know why I bother even trying anymore... What's the point in anything.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

@nomorepanic Can you please delete my account. I'm leaving for good, thank you.

Regards,

Mischa.

lucymarie
05-08-18, 18:29
:blink:

Fishmanpa
05-08-18, 18:38
Woah Woah Woah, hang on a minute. I'm not disrespecting anyone, that's really hurtful. I couldn't get a cohesive thread because their were different answers that didn't relate to what was being talked about.

Respectfully, as I stated on the thread you deleted, Admin merged your threads because they all follow the same pattern.

Basically, every response is the same...

Post a fear... Lymphoma, brain tumors, dizziness etc... Get several replies of reassurance then another list of symptoms and a "thanks anyway".

Yes, when people take the time to respond and give advice and reassurance, it is disrespectful to delete the thread and start another asking the same questions. The thread was cohesive to me and to everyone else :shrug: Perhaps it wasn't cohesive to you because your thoughts aren't cohesive and the answers were not what you wanted to hear :lac: You literally went through close to a dozen irrational fears in that thread! From low body temperature to PE and several in between!

Why do YOU think you can't stop thinking about a PE or any other illness you don't have for that matter? I understand that the site is here to help support those with anxiety but when you disregard that support by deleting your threads, it is disrespectful.

FMP

mischamoonlight
05-08-18, 18:46
@FishManpa

I am sorry if you took it as disrespectful, I've never been rude or disrespecting in my life to anyone. I've sent my message to delete my account now, so I won't be here anymore. As I always said before, I always appreciated everyone's response. Always.

Regards,

Mischa.

KK77
06-08-18, 00:16
You don't seem to be able to empathise as to why others would be annoyed at your behaviour, yet you're very sensitive to being challenged on posting your daily symptoms (a la blog).

There is only so much support we can give someone who is reluctant to change. Yet that support can't have meant much to you, because you deleted the whole lot, not thinking of the time others had spent trying to help you, or how it could help others in a similar situation.

Wish you well if you decide to leave.

mischamoonlight
06-08-18, 23:03
After thinking it overnight, I'm not going to do that. I have apologized for deleting that thread, so if apology is accepted or not is up to said people, I won't keep doing it over and over again, it's exhausting over something so very small compared to my mental well being (which is in a very unstable place and the last day didn't help me).

So, from here on, if I need to talk about something that I'm afraid of, whether I repeat myself several times, the thread won't be deleted, but nor will I feel guilty for what is happening in my head at that time. I suffer with depression, have done for years, it doesn't help feeling guilty for more things than I need too, my own personal life is hard enough without online guilt too. My anxiety is an ongoing thing as well, I have OCD, so please be understanding to the way I am, I can repeat myself, I can misunderstand what someone says, I can forget what people have said yesterday or 5 minutes ago if it hasn't stuck in my thoughts there and then. :shrug:

I've never been rude, never disrespectful in anything I've said. I apologized for causing offense by deleting the older thread, and that is as far as this needs to go now. I like it on here, many people have messaged me privately, had comforting talks, people got to know me, really know me, help and advise me. When some people say I don't listen or take it in, well, I do, I even write down what some people say so I can go back and reaffirm it to myself when I'm not online so I can cope. Now, I will probably ask advice again, but don't want to feel guilty for doing so, because I need help here, in this moment in time. Some days I'll be fine for a good while, others, well, the evidence is there.

So please don't bombard me with guilt or about being disrespectful, if I've apologized, accept it and let it be the end of any arguments. I suffer on a daily basis, I don't need to suffer from more stuff than I already do. So please be understanding too, I am getting help, I've said that a million times, but sometimes I need reassurance. I have always respected and been polite to everyone who helps me, and think highly of all who do, never once done anything out of malice or spite. :hugs:

I have Depression, Anxiety, OCD and sometimes my thoughts are muddled and things don't go through as they should, but I won't be ashamed of that, sometimes as I said, I ask for reassurance, advice or what I should do. That is all. :)

Thank you,

Mischa.

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

(UPDATE) Anyone just seeing this thread and getting confused by the thread title to the messages, please look at the beginning of the thread where I posted my concern, it was about Pulmonary Embolisms and my fears of them.

The rest of this debate has been quelled, so any new posts on here are now to be related to the actual thread title and it's concerns. I am also here if anyone needs to talk to, you can private message me or post in this thread, and we can help each other.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

P.s. Don't ever get into a conversation with someone online about Pulmonary Embolisms, because I did that the other day, and ended up twice as worse as I was! They proceeded to tell me how they had a PE and all their symptoms their doctor, the paramedics in the ambulance all put it down to Anxiety. Their symptoms were "only" a small pinching pain in their chest.

Yes. That was a bad idea on my part to get into a conversation with that person, as it made me really panicky and then my breathing and throat got tighter and I felt very tense and anxious all day. Such a bad idea to do that to myself, especially because I am still getting a little short of breath, not much, but it's still there, and a horrible night's sleep as well. That is something I'm struggling with at the moment is getting more than 4-5 hours sleep, as I keep getting those hypno-something jerks, and sometimes where one of my arms or legs feels like it's falling or going heavy or something, kinda scary so takes a while to fall asleep nowadays.

Yes, so that has been my experience the last day, and that person has made me very stressed after talking to them about my personal fears etc. I had generally thought that it was due to a blood clot in the leg or pelvic region that broke off? Or other medical causes like being hospitalized?

After that conversation, I am now feeling agitated just sitting down for more than an hour (I'm always fidgeting my feet and legs or get up every so often, as a doctor once told me to do that can help circulation, as obviously they sit at a desk all day too) so I've been pacing up and down all day today trying not to sit for too long, it's hard when you work from home though. So, yes, what are your thoughts on this?

I mean, I'm not going to take in everything this person says, but I don't know anything other than what I've read about PE's and I've always had a terrible fear because many things I've read says no symptoms, or will say breathlessness/shortness of breath, anxious, chest pains. So, when you read that, what do you think immediately?

I know I end up thinking the worst of it, and today I've had mild breathlessness or shortness of breath whatever way you word it, feels tight slightly constricted. That person just totally set me off after talking to them about it, as I foolishly thought it could help.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Oh, can someone tell me if this is true? I also had mentioned about Beta Blockers (I'm on Propranolol) and they said that it can hide the symptoms of a PE because it slows down your heart? That was the striking blow that sent me into a very panicked state yesterday and today.

Is that true? About Beta Blockers or about PE's? That it can hide or mask the symptoms of PE...scary if it's true.

mischamoonlight
07-08-18, 18:34
Okay, I'm very paranoid now about my breathing. That person I was talking to about my shortness of breath and my fear of Pulmonary Embolism, kept sending me messages saying I need to go to A&E, and get some CT scan, I don't even know what it is! I was having a simple private conversation, about how I was having a little shortness of breath, and so on, and then the subject of Pulmonary Embolisms were brought up again, and well, it set me into panic mode.

Here I am now. Feeling very concerned about my (mild) shortness of breath and tightness being an PE. I mean, would I know I had a PE? Or is it like this person I've been speaking said,

"it comes and goes, I was fine one minute, then a little breathless, and it was fine. I didn't know until I was rushed to hospital, I'm 29, I didn't think it would happen to me either. Get to the hospital."

Yep, that is what set me off. Now I'm thinking I may miss something, or it'll get worse. It hadn't actually been that bad last couple of days as well, but not so sure anymore? Then I'm questioning my lifestyle, like I know I need to lose a few pounds, and get out more, but I don't ever move when I say sedentary I mean I sit most of the day, but I walk my dogs, and do little things around the house is what I mean by sedentary.

Should I be worried about this? I'm starting to feel worried about what this person said.

nomorepanic
07-08-18, 20:25
It is probably the heat to be honest. I am really struggling with breathing at the moment.

Scass
07-08-18, 20:27
The breathlessness has been going on for a while, you’ve been checked over by a doctor who said you were fine.
If you still don’t feel fine, then go again. Go to A&E, it’s your body, your breathing, and your anxiety, depression and OCD. I am not medically trained, and I’m not getting enough of a respond from you about your symptoms to give my opinion. So maybe you do need to go back. It’s what the doctor is there for after all. Or, if you don’t think you’ll believe them, go and get help at the hospital, or a walk in.

Have you considered keeping a diary for a few days about your breathing? Writing exactly when you have problems? What you were doing at the time etc? I think this could help either you, your doctor or whomever on this forum read your question.

Out of interest and respect, would you prefer that I don’t respond to you anymore? I was one of the only people responding to your deleted thread and I’d hate to be some kind of bad energy for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Also, I am also struggling with my breathing in the heat, and I’m asthmatic which is why I take an interest in your breathing posts.

mischamoonlight
07-08-18, 20:42
The breathlessness has been going on for a while, you’ve been checked over by a doctor who said you were fine.
If you still don’t feel fine, then go again. Go to A&E, it’s your body, your breathing, and your anxiety, depression and OCD. I am not medically trained, and I’m not getting enough of a respond from you about your symptoms to give my opinion. So maybe you do need to go back. It’s what the doctor is there for after all. Or, if you don’t think you’ll believe them, go and get help at the hospital, or a walk in.

Have you considered keeping a diary for a few days about your breathing? Writing exactly when you have problems? What you were doing at the time etc? I think this could help either you, your doctor or whomever on this forum read your question.

Out of interest and respect, would you prefer that I don’t respond to you anymore? I was one of the only people responding to your deleted thread and I’d hate to be some kind of bad energy for you.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Also, I am also struggling with my breathing in the heat, and I’m asthmatic which is why I take an interest in your breathing posts.

Please don't be another person having a go at me. I aologized for deleting that thread, if you posted on there before I saw anything you posted, it wasn't out of malice or trying to create drama.

I don't know how many more times I can say this, but I've always taken notice or what everyone is saying, in my above post I even spoke about how I wrote things people had said so I could go over them whenever I was having bad thoughts. I've explained how I'm receiving help this month, I've explained how I have bad episodes and forget things people say, or don't know what to say because my heads gone blank.

If I'm annoying anyone that much then just ignore me and I won't cause any upset or hurt to anyone by my repetitive behaviour. I can't help every single thought I have or when I panic and ask something for the 10th time. Usually, I'll be able to get back to my normal mental state.

I'm writing down my symptoms daily, and I'll probably make an appointment to see my doctor as I've other routine things to get checked as well.

I've annoyed you, and I've apologized, and I don't know what more I can do. I'll thank you for replying, at the very least.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

It is probably the heat to be honest. I am really struggling with breathing at the moment.

Yeah, luckily it isn't as warm now, it's more just clammy in the air. Thanks for getting back to us, I'll try relax.

Scass
07-08-18, 21:06
Please don't be another person having a go at me. I aologized for deleting that thread, if you posted on there before I saw anything you posted, it wasn't out of malice or trying to create drama.

I don't know how many more times I can say this, but I've always taken notice or what everyone is saying, in my above post I even spoke about how I wrote things people had said so I could go over them whenever I was having bad thoughts. I've explained how I'm receiving help this month, I've explained how I have bad episodes and forget things people say, or don't know what to say because my heads gone blank.

If I'm annoying anyone that much then just ignore me and I won't cause any upset or hurt to anyone by my repetitive behaviour. I can't help every single thought I have or when I panic and ask something for the 10th time. Usually, I'll be able to get back to my normal mental state.

I'm writing down my symptoms daily, and I'll probably make an appointment to see my doctor as I've other routine things to get checked as well.

I've annoyed you, and I've apologized, and I don't know what more I can do. I'll thank you for replying, at the very least.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Yeah, luckily it isn't as warm now, it's more just clammy in the air. Thanks for getting back to us, I'll try relax.

I honestly don’t know how what I wrote caused you offence.

pulisa
07-08-18, 21:09
You've been nothing but respectful, Scass and have only tried to help.

mischamoonlight
07-08-18, 21:15
I honestly don’t know how what I wrote caused you offence.

I'm not offended? I don't understand? I meant because you seemed mad at me, that I had apologised to everyone for the previous deleted thread?

lucymarie
07-08-18, 21:16
If your chest has been checked and deemed fine and you have no other symptoms the chance of you having a PE is slim to none. That is fact not opinion. People with untreated PEs have severe symptoms and wouldn’t be be sitting writing forum posts they would be in A&E. Yes there are 1 in a million people like your friend, but they are the exception not the norm. Or else we’d constantly be told to check minor chest pain and death rates from undiagnosed PE would hit the papers.

mischamoonlight
07-08-18, 21:18
You've been nothing but respectful, Scass and have only tried to help.

I know everyone has been respectful, I pointing out everyone's annoyance with me and how many times I've apologized for it, and I can't keep apologizing for the deleted thread, or with everybody being mad at me.

I never said anyone was being rude, or disrespectful, I would never do that, please understand. I was responding to Scass's comment which seemed like they were mad with me, and that I had apologized for the deleted thread, I would never disrespect Scass, they've been nothing but nice to me, I was responding to the post they just made on the thread, that seemed like they were mad at me.

pulisa
07-08-18, 21:21
I know everyone has been respectful, I pointing out everyone's annoyance with me and how many times I've apologized for it, and I can't keep apologizing for the deleted thread, or with everybody being mad at me.

I never said anyone was being rude, or disrespectful, I would never do that, please understand. I was responding to Scass's comment which seemed like they were mad with me, and that I had apologized for the deleted thread, I would never disrespect Scass, they've been nothing but nice to me, I was responding to the post they just made on the thread, that seemed like they were mad at me.

Maybe have a re-read of Scass' response? She just asked you a polite question- she was in no way "mad" at you.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

You mustn't see yourself as a victim on this thread.

mischamoonlight
07-08-18, 21:27
If your chest has been checked and deemed fine and you have no other symptoms the chance of you having a PE is slim to none. That is fact not opinion. People with untreated PEs have severe symptoms and wouldn’t be be sitting writing forum posts they would be in A&E. Yes there are 1 in a million people like your friend, but they are the exception not the norm. Or else we’d constantly be told to check minor chest pain and death rates from undiagnosed PE would hit the papers.

I know, it probably doesn't help the kind of day I had where I just felt like giving up on everything, sometimes it just feels like my world is caving in and I'm struggling to get through each day.

I'm trying to rationalize my thoughts, it's very hard the state I've been in the last couple of days, and today was a living nightmare, it's surprising how one thing goes wrong and then everything else crumbles around you.

Thanks lm48, hope I haven't given you a headache with this stuff, I don't mean too, and today well, it's pushed me to the limit of what I can take to be honest, where all I can see is that black hole.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Maybe have a re-read of Scass' response? She just asked you a polite question- she was in no way "mad" at you.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

You mustn't see yourself as a victim on this thread.

I'm honestly not seeing myself as a victim, I just don't want anyone being mad at me, it literally tears me apart even when someone gets annoyed with me. Because I come here often, I just don't want anyone disliking me or finding me unbearable. I care a lot, very much.

lucymarie
07-08-18, 21:30
I know, it probably doesn't help the kind of day I had where I just felt like giving up on everything, sometimes it just feels like my world is caving in and I'm struggling to get through each day.

I'm trying to rationalize my thoughts, it's very hard the state I've been in the last couple of days, and today was a living nightmare, it's surprising how one thing goes wrong and then everything else crumbles around you.

Thanks lm48, hope I haven't given you a headache with this stuff, I don't mean too, and today well, it's pushed me to the limit of what I can take to be honest, where all I can see is that black hole.

I understand that, but it won’t get better unless you seek help. I know this first hand, I’m sure we all do deep down. My Dad actually had a PE and even after that, never worried about another. I’m not saying this to make you feel bad, I’m just highlighting that’s how rare it actually is, even in someone with a history. Especially considering the majority are related to a broken DVT from your leg, if you don’t have any symptoms of that the chance is even more minute. If you don’t try and get some help you will keep on coming back to the same worry and no amount of convincing will make you feel better, you just need more each time. It’s like an addiction.

pulisa
07-08-18, 21:34
The problem is that you may not like what people have to say because it isn't what you want to read. That doesn't mean that they are mad at you-it just means that they are trying to challenge your way of thinking, that's all.

mischamoonlight
07-08-18, 22:15
The problem is that you may not like what people have to say because it isn't what you want to read. That doesn't mean that they are mad at you-it just means that they are trying to challenge your way of thinking, that's all.

I know, it's just hard reading online to fully understand that it comes across that way rather than being annoyed. I would never be anything but grateful for all the help and advice I get on here, honestly.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

I understand that, but it won’t get better unless you seek help. I know this first hand, I’m sure we all do deep down. My Dad actually had a PE and even after that, never worried about another. I’m not saying this to make you feel bad, I’m just highlighting that’s how rare it actually is, even in someone with a history. Especially considering the majority are related to a broken DVT from your leg, if you don’t have any symptoms of that the chance is even more minute. If you don’t try and get some help you will keep on coming back to the same worry and no amount of convincing will make you feel better, you just need more each time. It’s like an addiction.

I know you're right. I am getting help my CBT therapy classes start on the 24th of this month, so hopefully that will help in more ways than one. My dad would be very much like yours, my dad had a heart attack (was actually there when he was having it, he was 65 at the time, but he was very relaxed at the time it was happening, and all the years later, he never worries about one thing wrong with him. I do be fascinated by his calmness, I would love to be like that, and not be so frightened and scared of everything).

You're right, it's like an addiction, as I know my OCD is a compulsive behaviour stemming from anxious thoughts an trying to control everything around me.

Thanks LM48, was really helpful, it's calmed me a little tonight at least, so I do appreciate that a lot right now :hugs:

lucymarie
07-08-18, 22:21
I know, it's just hard reading online to fully understand that it comes across that way rather than being annoyed. I would never be anything but grateful for all the help and advice I get on here, honestly.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

I know you're right. I am getting help my CBT therapy classes start on the 24th of this month, so hopefully that will help in more ways than one. My dad would be very much like yours, my dad had a heart attack (was actually there when he was having it, he was 65 at the time, but he was very relaxed at the time it was happening, and all the years later, he never worries about one thing wrong with him. I do be fascinated by his calmness, I would love to be like that, and not be so frightened and scared of everything).

You're right, it's like an addiction, as I know my OCD is a compulsive behaviour stemming from anxious thoughts an trying to control everything around me.

Thanks LM48, was really helpful, it's calmed me a little tonight at least, so I do appreciate that a lot right now :hugs:

That’s ok :) hopefully we will both get some benefit from our CBT and start to be more like our Dads! :hugs:

mischamoonlight
07-08-18, 22:25
That’s ok :) hopefully we will both get some benefit from our CBT and start to be more like our Dads! :hugs:

Then we'll be doing well! Dad's just seem very calm by nature, hopefully it rubs off as I get older would be nice! :)

mischamoonlight
09-08-18, 00:31
I got really bad stinging pains in my stomach tonight, it just happened, felt sharp.i felt it once when I got up from the bed, then when I was standing taking a deep breath in, it just really felt sharp.

I'm also getting a lot of gurgling noises, loudly.

Is that the Ibs or is it something more serious? I was doing all right today as well, but now this has set me off a little. Starting to feel a little panicky.

nomorepanic
09-08-18, 01:00
probably IBS

mischamoonlight
09-08-18, 01:28
probably IBS

Yeah? It was so sharp, it just kinda frightened me. It only lasted a few seconds, but had to kinda calm myself down cause I started thinking serious happened.

Earlier I had had food come back up, you know when you get that horrible sensation when you belch a bit comes back up, not nice.

I had a little rash on my stomach, seems to have cooled down a bit now

Sorry, got a bit panicky.

mischamoonlight
09-08-18, 21:14
Anyone have any side effects coming off slow release Propranolol 80mg? I mean if you don't have a heart condition, blood pressure or migraine, just anxiety problem.

One of the doctors I see, said a few weeks ago when I seen her that their was no lower dose? But their is the one that you take several times a day like 20mg and 10mg and 5mg. I want to start weening myself off.

That GP said you can skip one day, take it the next if you feel like it. But I'm afraid of getting bad palpitations or funny heart rhythm. Has anyone tried it that way? Or done the weeing?

Fishmanpa
09-08-18, 21:51
Why would you want to wean off a low risk medication that actually helps your anxiety and panic attacks? :huh:

Positive thoughts

mischamoonlight
09-08-18, 21:59
Why would you want to wean off a low risk medication that actually helps your anxiety and panic attacks? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Well, hopefully I won't have to be on them forever. I've actually only been on them for 2 & a half months. It was only because I've been so tired on them, and with the Hypothyroid, didn't want to be tired all the time. Maybe it's not the Propranolol, I read they can cause Insomnia, and I do have difficulty getting asleep at a proper hour (my times are usually 2 or 3 am lol).

I'm also worried about my weight, I seem to have put on a few extra pounds since starting them. I could be eating more since I started them, but I read loads of people saying they put on loads of weight, hopefully I don't! It's more of a sugar thing with me, chocolate mostly. I have no idea how to curb that hunger for chocolate though.

I know my heart is fine, but I'm probably thinking far into the future here as well, but what about if I wanted kids? (I mean, hopefully by then, I won't need them). I think about all this stuff lol!

I really need to learn to cut answers shorter...these are nearly whole essays!

Fishmanpa
09-08-18, 22:21
I take a beta blocker (among around 12 other different meds and supplements) 2x daily. Beta blockers work well for anxiety because they put a ceiling on how hard your heart will work under duress. That's why it works for anxiety and panic attacks. It puts a cap on the physical reaction. For me, the only side effect is it limits how much I can do physically to a degree. I've been on them for over ten years.

Personally, I think it's a really bad idea to wean off. It has helped so why stop something that's working for you? And you've only been on them for a couple of months. You admit you rarely exercise so perhaps taking some initiative and getting out walking more as well as eating healthier would be in order. Once you've got some professional help under your belt and are making progress, you can speak to your doctor and therapist about weaning off the meds. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
09-08-18, 22:29
Anyone have any side effects coming off slow release Propranolol 80mg? I mean if you don't have a heart condition, blood pressure or migraine, just anxiety problem.

One of the doctors I see, said a few weeks ago when I seen her that their was no lower dose? But their is the one that you take several times a day like 20mg and 10mg and 5mg. I want to start weening myself off.

That GP said you can skip one day, take it the next if you feel like it. But I'm afraid of getting bad palpitations or funny heart rhythm. Has anyone tried it that way? Or done the weeing?

When I went through my worst period of HA, I got put on an SSRI....it was great. 6 months later I decided I was doing so good I didn’t need it anymore. So, I worked with my doctor to ween off and sure enough, 4 or 5 months later I was getting anxiety again and went right back on them. And to be honest, I got off from a much better place than you’re currently in and I STILL had to go back.

I would think really long and hard before making that type of decision.

mischamoonlight
09-08-18, 23:07
I take a beta blocker (among around 12 other different meds and supplements) 2x daily. Beta blockers work well for anxiety because they put a ceiling on how hard your heart will work under duress. That's why it works for anxiety and panic attacks. It puts a cap on the physical reaction. For me, the only side effect is it limits how much I can do physically to a degree. I've been on them for over ten years.

Personally, I think it's a really bad idea to wean off. It has helped so why stop something that's working for you? And you've only been on them for a couple of months. You admit you rarely exercise so perhaps taking some initiative and getting out walking more as well as eating healthier would be in order. Once you've got some professional help under your belt and are making progress, you can speak to your doctor and therapist about weaning off the meds. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Positive thoughts

Oh yeah, I'm not going to be stopping them for a while, and I've got my CBT therapy classes coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm nervous starting them, so no plans to stop anytime soon. I was doing a pedometer for a couple weeks, but got really depressed and stopped again, but I'm going to start doing it again and aim for the 10k steps a day, but start slowly. On a good day I get about 5-6k steps.

My mum wants to lose weight so will do it with her so we don't have to try alone, but help each other try work on our weight and exercise.

Hopefully I'll be able to come off them in the future, but for now, I'm just finding all the answers while I'm on them. :)

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

When I went through my worst period of HA, I got put on an SSRI....it was great. 6 months later I decided I was doing so good I didn’t need it anymore. So, I worked with my doctor to ween off and sure enough, 4 or 5 months later I was getting anxiety again and went right back on them. And to be honest, I got off from a much better place than you’re currently in and I STILL had to go back.

I would think really long and hard before making that type of decision.

I won't be stopping them anytime soon, this has been the worst anxiety I've had since I was in my late teens/early twenties when I had a very horrific episode. So, for now I need them, because even though my thoughts are still quite chaotic, the physical symptoms have made it easier to not get hysterical over everything. My heart rate seems normal on these as well, when I'm active and up and walking around it's in the 70-80s, when I'm relaxing it's down into the low 60, sometimes 50's. When I wasn't on the Propranolol, my heart rate normally was quite high 80-90's, and well it would go into the 100's when I was anxious. So their helping in not causing palpitations, which made me worse.

I think I'm just covering anything at the moment, I'm also just thinking of the future as well, about when I might want to have kids if their okay to take or if I'll have to stop them etc. Next time I've to see my female doctor, I'll ask her about that as well.

I start my CBT therapy classes in the a couple weeks, so definitely not stopping right now, and with it coming into the winter, with all the holiday seasons, theirs no way I'm going to be coming off them. Just things I think about a long way away lol! Thanks for replying! :)

ErinKC
10-08-18, 03:23
I don't know about the drug you're currently on, but there are many options for treating anxiety during pregnancy that are safe. It's smart to think ahead so you can plan with your doctor if you do need to switch meds.

mischamoonlight
10-08-18, 03:52
I don't know about the drug you're currently on, but there are many options for treating anxiety during pregnancy that are safe. It's smart to think ahead so you can plan with your doctor if you do need to switch meds.

Hi thanks for replying. Yeah just want to have all options available, not right now but maybe someday. Thank you!

mischamoonlight
10-08-18, 12:18
I started getting breathless today, it happened when I started going for my walk, I suddenly became aware that my nose felt very hard to breath through (clear just very stuffy) and my chest felt tight or restricted. I only did about 4k, as it was only dog walking, so not sure what's caused this sudden breathlessness?

KK77
10-08-18, 12:59
I started getting breathless today, it happened when I started going for my walk, I suddenly became aware that my nose felt very hard to breath through (clear just very stuffy) and my chest felt tight or restricted. I only did about 4k, as it was only dog walking, so not sure what's caused this sudden breathlessness?

4km? That's still a fair walk. More reason to stay on Propranolol I think, eh? ;)

mischamoonlight
10-08-18, 13:06
4km? That's still a fair walk. More reason to stay on Propranolol I think, eh? ;)

No lol! Only 4,000 steps, but been feeling quite breathless since starting going walking this morning, it's still catching at times, I just get scared when this happens. I was fine yesterday, but it just kind of came on suddenly and is being persistent.

Thanks for replying, I just worry about the worst stuff when this happens, like PE, and feeling a bit wheezy too, which is new! No, I'll definitely be staying on the meds.

mischamoonlight
10-08-18, 18:14
Just a little update, I got a little bad earlier and panicked when I started getting chest pain, so I went to my doctor.

He listened to my chest and back, and said everything sounded clear. I explained my fear of blood clots and Pulmonary Embolism and he said that I didn't have any risk factors, like smoking. He explaind to me about the symptoms, that the breathlessness with that is more like a pleural (I think that's the word he used) shortness of breath, like a pain while breathing, and he said you'd see the breathlessness in someone.

He said it cod be a combination of my anxiety and nasal drip, because I told him about my stuffy nose feeling, so have Nasonex spray for a month.

I just took a bad turn, but have seen my doctor instead of making myself worse.

pulisa
10-08-18, 19:27
And do you believe your doctor or will you continue to ruminate needlessly about a PE?

mischamoonlight
11-08-18, 01:25
And do you believe your doctor or will you continue to ruminate needlessly about a PE?

Hi, of course I believe my doctor, I just have compulsive thoughts, which hopefully the CBT therapy I'll be attending will help with those thoughts. I 48 said something that struck me, about how these thoughts, because you've had them for so long, become an addiction. It's breaking that cycle of thought which is addicting and breaking that too. So that haa stuck with me.

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 01:41
I know how you feel however rest assured it's very unlikely if you don't have any risk factors (smoking, overweight, immobilty, a clotting disorder ect)

Even then it depends, I'm on the implant so at a slight risk but it doesn't increase it by much (something like from 2 out 10 every 10,000 to 6 out of 10 every 10,000 so not much, I definitely agree these thoughts can become an addiction and it's good that you're getting CBT to help with it :)

mischamoonlight
11-08-18, 02:07
I know how you feel however rest assured it's very unlikely if you don't have any risk factors (smoking, overweight, immobilty, a clotting disorder ect)

Even then it depends, I'm on the implant so at a slight risk but it doesn't increase it by much (something like from 2 out 10 every 10,000 to 6 out of 10 every 10,000 so not much, I definitely agree these thoughts can become an addiction and it's good that you're getting CBT to help with it :)

Thanks for sharing this with me. Yeah IM48 said it in this thread, and it was so true. Well, I'm slightly overweight by one stone lol! It just gets stuck in your head all day, so hopefully CBT can help with that. Thanks again!

Clydesdale Epona
11-08-18, 08:33
Ah that's not much of a risk factor, my partners mum smokes, is obese and on HRT she's at a bigger risk than all of us and yet she's still doing fine :)

With exercise and hydration is really easy to prevent and you don't have many alarm bells in terms of risk factors CBT should definitely help :)

mischamoonlight
11-08-18, 19:03
Ah that's not much of a risk factor, my partners mum smokes, is obese and on HRT she's at a bigger risk than all of us and yet she's still doing fine :)

With exercise and hydration is really easy to prevent and you don't have many alarm bells in terms of risk factors CBT should definitely help :)

Thank you! Yeah, I drink lots of water as I drink only water. I'm doing more exercise these days, only walking though as I haven't the energy for more than that at the moment but it's still a good way.

mischamoonlight
12-08-18, 10:44
Can someone answer something for me? I woke up this morning, taking my medications as normal, and I noticed my heart was racing a little, so I checked it, and at first it shot up to a 100, then went back down to the 80's. It's back down to normal now in the 60/70s.

Is there a reason why my heart rate would be beating so fast in the morning? Is it the short amount of sleep I get? Is it some type of Arrhythmia (but I've had a 24hr heart monitor and ECGs, that would have picked it up right?)

It's just a little unsettling in the morning, I thought your heart rate was suppose to be low in the morning?

KK77
12-08-18, 11:53
Can someone answer something for me? I woke up this morning, taking my medications as normal, and I noticed my heart was racing a little, so I checked it, and at first it shot up to a 100, then went back down to the 80's. It's back down to normal now in the 60/70s.

Is there a reason why my heart rate would be beating so fast in the morning? Is it the short amount of sleep I get? Is it some type of Arrhythmia (but I've had a 24hr heart monitor and ECGs, that would have picked it up right?)

It's just a little unsettling in the morning, I thought your heart rate was suppose to be low in the morning?

Cortisol levels are higher in the morning which can affect HR and stress levels. Also, Propranolol is probably wearing off and takes a while to kick in after you take it first thing.

mischamoonlight
12-08-18, 15:49
Cortisol levels are higher in the morning which can affect HR and stress levels. Also, Propranolol is probably wearing off and takes a while to kick in after you take it first thing.

Oh right, never even thought of that. Yeah, wonder why cortisol does that. Anyway, it's back down now. I'd only just taken my Propranolol when I noticed it, so was wonder g what was going on. Thanks for replying :)

mischamoonlight
13-08-18, 18:11
I'm so embarrassed writing this, so hear me out. I had a (bowel movement, a large one, it felt hard coming out), and I noticed on the toilet quite a bit of bright red blood. Now, I'm trying not to panic, but I've not had this, until today, it only showed today after my bowel movement. I haven't noticed any blood in my stools, normal color as far as I can tell, sometimes a little crampy when trying to actually have a bowel movement, and sometimes it takes a little effort to "push". So, yeah, this was actually bright red blood on the toilet paper.

Because I've had tummy issues, like stinging pains, or gas/wind issues, etc. I'm just wondering what would have caused this?

Sorry, this is so what you call Too Much Information kind of part but just want to ask if it's a cause for concern?

mischamoonlight
14-08-18, 01:34
I went to Dr. Google, a bad thing to do I know. Because I got that bit of bright red blood after passing my bowel movements earlier today, I ended up looking it up, and then I seen symptoms about stomach pains (stinging pains I get sometimes), Gas (I get that and sometimes cramps accompanying them), also about shortness of breath (which I get sometimes too) and of course, because of these, Bowel Cancer and Colon Cancer came up and started to get me agitated and stressed about it.

So now I've put myself in a right state again, and I'm not sure what to do right now other than write it down here and cause myself more panic and stress. I'm trying to control my trail of thinking, but I have slips, this is one of them, and because many symptoms I have too showed up, it's freaked me out a little more as well. I honestly don't know what to think or do right now at the moment.

mischamoonlight
14-08-18, 19:06
Well, I still had a bit of bright red blood after my bowel movement, but not as much as yesterday. It's not cause for serious concern is it? I don't think I have any other symptoms, been getting a little indigestion after eating again, but I've been very stressed last few days with just general stuff to be honest.

mischamoonlight
15-08-18, 02:33
Got some shortness of breath today, and last couple days been having a little chest pain, more like a little jabbing, mild but noticeable. I also been getting some tenderness in my left back shoulder blade, and my left arm getting pinching pains, so don't know why that's been happening lately.

So, feeling slightly stressed by it, little tense. With this and my blood after my past two bowel movements (not as much today), it isn't helping me. And my stomach has been causing more stinging pains today and yesterday as well, so my anxiety is raised somewhat as to what is going on.

---------- Post added at 02:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

Sometimes, I'm getting this weird sensation under my armpit (left side) when I get any sort of chest related issue, like a pain, or a jolt, it's like a tightness or something. I don't know how else to describe it. But yeah, causing me stress among other things.

mischamoonlight
15-08-18, 23:55
I'm having worrying thoughts again. It's only been the last couple days, just felt the fear creep up again. Sometimes I'm getting a thumbing pain in my chest between my breastbone area, not often, just sometimes. My left arm and shoulder are aching and tender. My shortness of breath isn't as much at the moment, I get it now and then but not very much at the moment. It feels like so much aches and pains all over, legs, arms, upper back shoulder blades, then theirs my stomach issues.

I've been getting on and off throughout the last few days, stinging pains, and sometimes my stomach feels tender or sore. Like I said above, my bowel movements have been normal from what I can tell, other than the last 3 days I've had a bit of bright red blood after. Their was a bit the first day, but last 2 days, just a small amount of it. I got into a bit of a state but didn't want to go into a hysteria mode, but I've been having those thoughts, worries about bowel or colon cancer, and my stomach pains, I started getting worked up and thinking about lymphoma and stuff, how you get abdominal pains with that and very muddled thoughts getting me scared again.

I'm panicking a little to be honest, I was okay but because I've been getting the bit of blood with the bowel movement, and my stomach pains, then chest pains, I've got worked up again. I'm very distressed by this at the moment.

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

And my stomach keeps making very audible noises, specifically Loud gurgling, usually but not always, followed by gas.

Capercrohnj
16-08-18, 00:50
The loud gurgling is gas/bowel sounds. Very normal.

mischamoonlight
16-08-18, 01:52
The loud gurgling is gas/bowel sounds. Very normal.

Yeah, it seems to settle down after a while, it's actually been the stomach pains that have been causing me more stress and anxiousness. Thanks for replying! I also do get quite a bit of the ol' gas too!

mischamoonlight
16-08-18, 20:46
Had some (mild) stomach pains today, a feeling of pulling when I stretch, or a sharp little dart sensation is best to describe it. In the upper part of my abdomen area, like getting a little sting or as I describe; dart or shock. My bright red blood stool problem I had last couple of days, didn't get as much today after my bowel movement, but still a small amount.

I'm going to try walk for an hour a day with my dogs, as my exercise. I don't know if it'll help but just to be a bit healthier and get me moving away from sitting down all day. I don't know what I can do about the sleeping thing, but have to work on that.

I'm changing my diet and cutting down on junk food now, try eat a little healthier. I'm still worrying these symptoms are things like bowel, colon cancer or something else as serious, or even lymphoma etc. These are hard to stop thinking about, especially because of the symptoms I get, it gets me worked up and then stressed.

I also found a small bald spot at the front of my hair today, near my fringe (bangs). I have no idea what has caused that, but it was a little shocking to see to be honest.

mischamoonlight
18-08-18, 02:12
I've been getting on and off stinging/sharp like pains in my abdomen area, mainly the upper part, above the belly button. I'm worrying again that theirs something more going on.

I know when I seen my doctor a few weeks ago, he said it sounded like IBS, as I described it exactly like I did to him. It's just so random, sometimes it's fine all day, then I'll get a bad little but where it'll be a sharp needle like stinging.

I do think about cancers, sepsis and other dangerous things that could be causing it. It just acts so randomly, it doesn't bother me when I eat, sometimes after, usually a few hours after us when it happens. Then we're talking painful cramps before a bowel movement sometimes, lots of gas, and general stuff like that.

Sorry, I'm having a bad night and not knowing who to talk to about it right now, so I come here to burn everyone's ear off and ask advice.

mischamoonlight
19-08-18, 01:42
Can I ask a question? Theirs been a lot on the TV and in the newspapers here about Sepsis (a lot of which causes fear mongering, especially in people like me).

It says that Sepsis causes low temperature, now for me, sometimes my temperature can be lower than normal like 96.4 >above. This morning, it was 97.7, and it is usually low when I'm going to bed. It's another thing I'm really freaked out about, especially after I had that terrible bacterial infection a few months ago. I get panicky even getting a cut on my finger now. I freak out thinking it's Sepsis if I get a bit short of breath, or if I get a cold, and really freaked out about anything like that in case it turns into Sepsis.

Then I worry about other things as well, but this has me freaked out because theirs been stories all over the place lately of people just drying after a chest infection. One was on a newspaper about a teenager, who had a chest infection, then, he died while on the sofa.

Yeah, I don't know what to be thinking about this thing, and all these stories are freaking me out a lot, and worry about a cut, or getting a cold or flu, an infection, or even getting a little short of breath. I mean at the moment, I'm even worried that my back left shoulder blade pain is related, or could be an early symptom of this Sepsis thing!?

Sorry that was a rant, but it was about the temperature related to Sepsis, and because mine does sometimes be on the low side.

---------- Post added 19-08-18 at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was 18-08-18 at 23:47 ----------

My temperature is 96.7 tonight, and it was around that yesterday as well. Should I be worried about this?

My usually temperature has been 97. Something, at night, now I'm feeling a little worried because my temperature has been 96 something last two nights. I'm not cold, my room isn't cold, in fact it's warm around, so worrying about it

Not sure what to think, and with these thoughts of Sepsis, it is getting me all panicky again.

Scass
19-08-18, 03:38
It’s normal for your temperature to drop at night. Yours is only dropping a little bit, and again that’s completely normal.

mischamoonlight
19-08-18, 11:47
It’s normal for your temperature to drop at night. Yours is only dropping a little bit, and again that’s completely normal.

Would my thyroid and beta blockers cause it to drop as well? The whole Sepsis thing on the TV and newspapers has me very paranoid about every cut or cough, or low temperature at the moment, so I have to avoid it as much as possible.

Scass
19-08-18, 15:53
Yes it’s very scary isn’t it. But you cannot live your life being so scared. That’s easy for me to say I know. And also, I know that I live scared a lot of the time too. But. There are also a long list of symptoms that you don’t have, and those are the concerning ones.

Your gp has already reassured you about the heart rate and BP I believe? Sorry, I can’t remember.

mischamoonlight
19-08-18, 23:41
Yes it’s very scary isn’t it. But you cannot live your life being so scared. That’s easy for me to say I know. And also, I know that I live scared a lot of the time too. But. There are also a long list of symptoms that you don’t have, and those are the concerning ones.

Your gp has already reassured you about the heart rate and BP I believe? Sorry, I can’t remember.

I thought my reply went through? Yeah, it does be really scary, and I'm a repetitive thinker, so when I see something like that, it sticks and I think about it over and over again, compulsively. Like I've had a little mild chest pains last few days, and I get thoughts cross my mind about what it could be, just like the thing with Sepsis, which is very frightening. Everything is very scary for me at the moment, any ache or pain worries me greatly, but I try my best to not ruin my entire day with thoughts of it, though that isn't easy either.

I had my blood pressure taken by my doctor about 2 weeks ago, he said it was fine, so not sure if it's changed since then. I also seen my doctor on the 10th August, and he checked my heart and chest (not BP), and said it was clear. Not sure how accurate a home fingertip oximeter is, but mine usually reads 60-70's for heart rate, and 95-98% for SPo2, so not sure about that. I use to check it all the time, now I only use it very seldom, maybe once a day, which is good for me.

Also, the weather has become very humid again, which isn't helping anything I'm doing, just makes me get headaches, and aches and pains worse, and breathing. Yeah, my temperature has also been fluctuating, so no idea about that either lol! I'm a very stressed person. Thanks again!

mischamoonlight
20-08-18, 03:56
I've also noticed that I have a little more wheezing than usual, is it the weather perhaps? Just a slight bit seems to be noticeable when taking a deep breath, and sometimes a little pinching pain in between breastbone and above left, so not sure of something underlining, or aggravated by weather and other things?

mischamoonlight
21-08-18, 22:31
Still having a little pain in between my breastbones, I got a little fright today as well when I got like a sharp electric sensation across my chest over into my left armpit and arm. It kind of scared me.

Had some sharp little stinging pains in my stomach also, it's only happened a couple times today, but sometimes, my stomach feels sore when I touch it, but not sure if that's my stomach or from touching it.

My nose is congested again, but my back shoulder blade is sore and tender again, but it's up in my neck area as well, so not sure if it's tension, bad posture and all that. I'm worried about my stomach pangs. Stress is definitely not helping, all the worrying and over thinking but it causes me worry as well.

mischamoonlight
22-08-18, 03:51
Having a bad night, got a sudden darting pain in my stomach when I was trying to go asleep, and my whole upper back is sore, aching and making loads of crunching noises. And my nose is like completely congested or something or maybe it's inflamed? It's distressing. I'm feeling tight chest now, constricted, like my nose.

I got a fright again, I don't know what's wrong with me?

---------- Post added at 03:51 ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 ----------

I also just had a terrible feeling like I had stopped breathing, and jolted up out of bed in fear. Then, out of habit, I checked my oximeter and my heart rate was really low, it was 48 bpm, so don't know why that just happened? Don't get why it was so low when I was clearly distressed?? I feel crazy.

mischamoonlight
22-08-18, 20:35
The pain in my shoulder blades in the back are in both. I've been getting a throbbing darting pain in my left shoulder blade and up into my neck on that side, no idea what is causing it, what could it be?

My shoulder blades make this almost like "crunching" sounds when I move them around, so does my neck when I move it left to right, up and down, a crunching is what is sounds.

It's uncomfortable, and I'm wondering what is causing it?

mischamoonlight
24-08-18, 03:33
I've been getting a cramp in the back of my left calf, and it's been making me very anxious about blood clots.

I had a bout of cramping as I was trying to sleep, now it's eased up again. But it's like a throbbing pain, it's not painful as more uncomfortable or like a thumping sensation.

I'm kinda panicking about blood clots.

mischamoonlight
24-08-18, 09:37
The cramping is not as bad this morning but I still have some cramping.

I'm worried it's a blood clot?

mischamoonlight
24-08-18, 23:42
Got a little flutter in my chest tonight, kinda frightened me a bit. Started getting a little bit of a cramp back in my left calf. It seems to be more when I'm laying down and trying to relax, I notice it, like last night when I tried to go asleep and it was aching a lot.

Should I be worried about it being a blood clot? I know I often sound daft asking these things, but I generally find it easier to talk here, it's less uncomfortable.

Scass
25-08-18, 07:51
No, you’re ok. Did you ask your GP about these things the other day?

These are little things that you are super focussing on, but you don’t really need to. You need to try and let them go x

mischamoonlight
25-08-18, 17:14
No, you’re ok. Did you ask your GP about these things the other day?

These are little things that you are super focussing on, but you don’t really need to. You need to try and let them go x

Hi Scass, sorry for late reply, it's been a bit of a bad day, just found out one of our neighbours is dying, so we're all a little solemn. The poor man was very ill for quite a long time, so it's affected me a little. I never know how to approach these situations other than give the family our thoughts. Just terribly sad.

Yeah, I forgot to actually reply about seeing my GP Thursday. I had explained about my shoulders, breastbone pain etc. He said it could be muscular, and my bad posture has a lot to do it, so I may buy myself a back brace to help me when I'm sitting. He also had a quick listen to my chest, and didn't seem concerned, as my GP says in his witty way, "you'll live for today". I wasn't getting the leg cramp when I seen my GP, it happened later that day after I'd seen him, typical.

I suppose given what's going on today, I've been feeling a little breathless and a little chest pain, as anything to do with death makes me kind of anxious and stressed. It isn't directly related to me, but I feel it if that makes sense?

Both my legs are cramping today, probably not helped by fidgeting. I've been getting a little flutter in my chest last couple of days too, best way to describe is like a rapid little thumping or a missed beat and then getting a little burst of palpitations. I don't know if that makes sense. Like your breath catches, and it "feels" like your heart stops for a moment, then all of a sudden you get a flutter of palpitations? Hope that makes sense lol!

Thanks, sorry for ramble again, I'm not thinking clearly at the moment.

Scass
25-08-18, 20:31
Yes that all makes sense and are classic anxiety symptoms. Sorry to hear about your neighbour.

mischamoonlight
26-08-18, 02:27
Yes that all makes sense and are classic anxiety symptoms. Sorry to hear about your neighbour.

Thank you.

---------- Post added 26-08-18 at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was 25-08-18 at 22:46 ----------

What would be causing that sharp little pain in between my breasts on my chest? Because I get a pain in left arm as well, I'm not saying a heart attack, but it's just causing me a little stress.

Now, when I went to my doctor on Thursday, I said before I left, what would be causing that little pain between my breasts (is it called your sternum?), so he gaffe my chest a quick listen with the stethoscope, he seemed fine with that, and said he didn't know what was causing it, and gave me exercises for my shoulder blades.

So with that and my calf pain, I've been feeling very stressed and distracted by it. What could be causing it?

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

I took my temperature tonight and it is low at 96.6? Would the little chest pains be caused by that? An infection? I don't want to freak out because it's hard enough ready but things like Sepsis have been playing on my mind as well lately, would that be a cause for concern with the low temperature and little sharp pains in chest?

---------- Post added at 02:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

Sorry, sorry, I'm having a rough time, and I keep checking my temperature at night which I know is OCD. I keep panicking, theirs been all this stuff lately about Sepsis and other things and it plays on my mind.

My temperature went from 96.5 to 97.0 and back down to 96.7, so I don't know what to be thinking, my brain feels like it's an engine overheating on thinking on all this.

I keep trying to rationalise things but I'm not able to with this, and I keep panicking. Sepsis and blood clots have me in a terrible state of anxiety and fear. I don't know what to do?

mischamoonlight
26-08-18, 09:48
My temperature isn't much higher this morning, it keeps jumping between 96.6 to 97.1, it's not going much higher to be honest. Should I be worried about this? Why is it staying so low all the time? This Sepsis news stuff has me paranoid.

This is so stressful, I know I've got myself to blame for the stress, but shouldn't your temperature rise in the morning?

Would there be anyway, my beta blocker and eltroxin be influencing the temperature? I thought even being on Eltroxin would fix my Hypothyroid, well, make it run normally?

Scass
26-08-18, 10:30
Your temperature is fine and you are fine. If you could leave it all alone for 24 hours, maybe get out of the house and stop checking yourself for a while then you will soon realise that you are fine. You don’t have sepsis or a blood clot.

Also, stop watching/reading the news for a while as it just triggers your fears.

mischamoonlight
26-08-18, 15:21
Your temperature is fine and you are fine. If you could leave it all alone for 24 hours, maybe get out of the house and stop checking yourself for a while then you will soon realise that you are fine. You don’t have sepsis or a blood clot.

Also, stop watching/reading the news for a while as it just triggers your fears.

Sorry Scass, I had a bad night and woke up feeling panicky and just got a little hysterical. I'm going to try go out for a while, and then try distract myself at least for a while. Sorry, I was having a very panicky couple days.

Scass
26-08-18, 16:31
It’s ok, we all have them. It’s how you deal with it after that is important. I hope you had a nice time out. Although if you got as drenched as me then I’m sorry for suggesting you go out!

mischamoonlight
26-08-18, 20:47
It’s ok, we all have them. It’s how you deal with it after that is important. I hope you had a nice time out. Although if you got as drenched as me then I’m sorry for suggesting you go out!

Lol! No, I just missed it, I got a little panicky after half an hour, so came home. It was good to get some fresh air, got some little aches and pains but mildly.

I'm probably not coping as well as I normally did before, and it's a little rougher than I had before with it all. I'm trying to find better ways to get through it, but can't promise I won't have a bad day again, just have to kind of get through them and go from there.

Thanks Scass!

Scass
26-08-18, 21:13
It’s ok to admit to not coping very well. I’m glad getting out helped a bit.

mischamoonlight
27-08-18, 04:05
It’s ok to admit to not coping very well. I’m glad getting out helped a bit.

It did. Tonight I'm feeling a little short of breath and was getting little pains in my chest and left arm, but trying not to get overwhelmed and try not get into a state again.

Yeah, sometimes I can't cope at all with it, and end up panicking and it can be very frustrating for everyone around me, I know that. Okay days I'm working towards for now.

---------- Post added at 03:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

I don't know what just happened, I got in bed, then all of a sudden I got a sudden wave of panic, followed by my heart racing, and I felt warm,m and like I was getting sweaty. My left arm started getting pinching pains, now it's tingling in my finger in my left arm. It was a sudden wave.

Now the left side of my back is very tender and I'm still getting pains in my left arm, I'm really starting to freak out. My mind is racing what it could be, from heart attack, stroke and other things as well.

Could it be something serious like these? I feel jittery now, my left armpit feels tight or something, don't know how to explain it. I'm shaking.

---------- Post added at 04:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 ----------

I don't know what happened. I was fine, then all of a sudden, I felt weird, like my neck went a little stiff, then my left arm I got sharp pains in it and under my armpit felt tight. My shoulder feels hot on the left. I suddenly got palpitations and felt suddenly warm or like I was burning up. After, I started shaking.

Was it a mini heart attack? I don't understand what just happened? My left arm is still feeling a little pinching pain every so often, and my left shoulder still feels hot.

I feel very startled and anxious, or however to say it. I feel drained. My chest feels just tight, not constricted, just tight. And my neck feels sore.

Scass
27-08-18, 07:13
No. I think you often have anxiety when you’re in bed, so this was probably an anxiety response that scared you into panic.

I’d recommend a calming bedtime routine. And I definitely think you would benefit from listening to progressive muscle relaxation once you’re in bed. Every night until it starts to sink in, it’s what I did and years later i can still calm myself down from it.

mischamoonlight
27-08-18, 10:35
No. I think you often have anxiety when you’re in bed, so this was probably an anxiety response that scared you into panic.

I’d recommend a calming bedtime routine. And I definitely think you would benefit from listening to progressive muscle relaxation once you’re in bed. Every night until it starts to sink in, it’s what I did and years later i can still calm myself down from it.

Hi Scass, that's actually what I had on last night. I don't know what has brought this on, woke up this morning felt okay, then it started again, but I got really hot all of a sudden, and started getting palpitations. So, I've made an appointment to see my doctor today at 3:40 and sort this out. I didn't think I would get palpitations while taking Propranolol though?

I just feel a little shaky, and out of sorts. I took my temperature this morning, it seems fine around 97.0-97.3 was what came out.

What starts worryng me when this happened and this morning, was tmit turning out to be some sort of heart problem, heart attack, or it's an infection, and then I get worse. Because you always read about one of those things making people feel anxious too, so I'm not in a good place today. This came on yesterday, and it's still here, so I'll go to my GP and see.

Thanks Scass.

Scass
27-08-18, 12:07
Hope your gp can help.

mischamoonlight
27-08-18, 12:57
Hope your gp can help.

Yeah, hopefully. Honestly don't know what brought this on, so better to go see the doctor than make myself worse.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

I know I'm asking a lot of questions here but would a small burn cause an infection that would lead to Sepsis?

On my left arm, two days ago, I bumped into one of them incense sticks while it was lighting, and it made a small burn on my arm. I cleaned it with an antiseptic wipe (all I had) and the skin is growing back on it but it's a little pinkish around the burn mark. Should I be concerned about that?

Scass
27-08-18, 14:26
No I wouldn’t be concerned, it sounds like it’s healing well.

mischamoonlight
27-08-18, 17:21
Update: back from my gp. Went in, explained my symptoms I got last night and this morning, he examined my chest, back and upper abdomen with the stethoscope, said all was fine. He said it was my vivid imagination, after I had explained about fearing it was Sepsis. He said absolutely not.

He said it was my anxiety again getting out of proportion or something along those lines.

So, either that was a weird panic attack I had last night with the getting hot, palpitations, chest pains, and then the shakes, I don't know honestly so drained at the moment.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to even get a break from this for like; I don't know, say 48 hours? Just something to let my brain stop overworking.

Scass
27-08-18, 20:49
Really pleased that you’re ok.

I don’t like the way your GP calls it your “vivid imagination”. It’s anxiety! You may be imagining stuff, but your reaction to it is pure anxiety.

I think you need to hide away all of your medical paraphernalia. Stop checking your temperature, it’s fine! It’s been checked by at least 2 doctors this week. Stop checking your pulse & oxygen levels, they are also fine.

When you feel the urge, do something else. I find playing games on my phone really useful! I have a few I play, but repetitive problem solving games are really good because they help to keep your mind & hands busy. You soon discover that your breathing regulates & you’ve got over your worry.

Warm baths, relaxing music, talk radio, pretty images on instagram of food, scenery or interior design. Progressive muscle relaxation, breathing techniques, walking, talking to friends and family, deep breathing, card games, cleaning, toenail painting, baking, sewing...... all of these things can help to relax you & get those anxious thoughts away. Until you start to deal with that daily paralysis of fear then you won’t get your 24 hours of peace. You can do this.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Also, in my recommended items: Bach’s rescue remedy - I like the pastilles too.
Essential oils - lavender, geranium... tisserand do a brilliant de stress rollerball that you can roll on to your pulse points whenever you need it.
Chamomile tea.

mischamoonlight
27-08-18, 21:34
Really pleased that you’re ok.

I don’t like the way your GP calls it your “vivid imagination”. It’s anxiety! You may be imagining stuff, but your reaction to it is pure anxiety.

I think you need to hide away all of your medical paraphernalia. Stop checking your temperature, it’s fine! It’s been checked by at least 2 doctors this week. Stop checking your pulse & oxygen levels, they are also fine.

When you feel the urge, do something else. I find playing games on my phone really useful! I have a few I play, but repetitive problem solving games are really good because they help to keep your mind & hands busy. You soon discover that your breathing regulates & you’ve got over your worry.

Warm baths, relaxing music, talk radio, pretty images on instagram of food, scenery or interior design. Progressive muscle relaxation, breathing techniques, walking, talking to friends and family, deep breathing, card games, cleaning, toenail painting, baking, sewing...... all of these things can help to relax you & get those anxious thoughts away. Until you start to deal with that daily paralysis of fear then you won’t get your 24 hours of peace. You can do this.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Also, in my recommended items: Bach’s rescue remedy - I like the pastilles too.
Essential oils - lavender, geranium... tisserand do a brilliant de stress rollerball that you can roll on to your pulse points whenever you need it.
Chamomile tea.

I really like all your suggestions. I actually have one of those roller balls thing for your pulse points, just forget to use it sometimes.

Yeah, I usually feel peaceful when I'm walking somewhere that isn't overcrowded, lately making trips into town has been suffocating, but I'd like to go for a walk in the local woodlands and stuff with the dogs, it's very quiet (obviously not alone though, usually with my mum or dad).

Yeah, I don't know whether he meant that comment towards my anxiety or towards me saying about Sepsis. None of my doctors have checked my temperature, but I'm sure they can tell certain things. The one I have at home is from the pharmacy so it should be fairly good as an oral one. He didn't seem too concerned when I explained about my temperature also.

I have a couple phone games I play, I like repetitive games as well, I have Flow Free and Temple Run 2. Temple Run forces me to focus on the game, while Flow Free forces me to think, which is good. The medical items I have are probably just adding more worry than I had before, and it's a new thing, as I never had any of these things 6 months ago. At least for the next day or two, I'm going to put them away to give my head some space and not over focus on it. I'll do my best to avoid all internet searches as well.

Hardest part sometimes is coming home and thinking, "how could he pick anything up with a stethoscope? Why didn't he do more tests? What if he misses something vital because he didn't check this and that?", that is what causes me to go into more worry and stress. It's trying to logically look at it.

Thanks Scass, I'll try a few of those things, and try avoid most of the stuff I've been super focusing on all the time. Even if I can do it for a day will be a step forward for me, and then keep trying again and again, for longer and longer.

Scass
28-08-18, 20:16
How are you doing?

mischamoonlight
28-08-18, 22:36
How are you doing?

Hi Scass. I'm okay, I've struggled a bit throughout the day, but it was good. It's only now, later this evening that I'm getting a bit panicky, my hearts be beating a little fast, but not excessively, you see I can't tell what's normal because of the beta blockers. I've avoided Googling all day, had one slip up with the temperature this evening, which was probably set me off as well, because it was 98.1, and because mine has been low for so long, I started getting a little stressed.

Earlier today was fine, I went for a long walk, watched a film, had a nap and did my work quietly, but then I had a slip up and then found out my neighbour passed away, so have been feeling a little off since then.

It's really nice for you to check, sorry if this reply is late, I've had either a toothache or a headache, so that's been annoying lol.

Generally I'm okay, just a little panicky after seeing my temperature, bad news and heart beating a little faster, so not sure what's causing all that, but good start, then kind of veered off track.

mischamoonlight
29-08-18, 11:55
I'm going to try do better today. Still feeling a little anxious, palpitations seem to be easing, but we'll see.

Scass
29-08-18, 18:40
You’re doing really well! I hope you’re proud of yourself.

mischamoonlight
30-08-18, 00:21
You’re doing really well! I hope you’re proud of yourself.

Well, thank you for that. It sounds silly but I only checked my temperature once, which was this morning, same with the oximeter. Usually I would check them several times a day, but I took your advice on some of the things to distract myself with, I did chores, organising my art supplies actually helped, and little odd jobs.

I can't say it'll be that easy everyday, but I'll keep trying, I know I'll have bad days, but that's okay, just have to get through them. Just have to see, but thanks Scass, doing my best, so go from there.

---------- Post added 30-08-18 at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was 29-08-18 at 21:39 ----------

Does anyone know what causes that tingling numbness in the left side of your face? Mainly the cheek area and under the eye and slightly down to the jaw line? I got the sensation just there on the left side.

Scass
30-08-18, 06:42
Oh you are doing so well with the not checking, keep it up!

What context is the tingling in? Could be anything, but it’s not a stroke x

mischamoonlight
30-08-18, 10:07
Oh you are doing so well with the not checking, keep it up!

What context is the tingling in? Could be anything, but it’s not a stroke x

It just feels tingly, slightly warm, and not numb as in if I pinch my cheek I can't feel anything, more like pins and needles sort of numbness of that makes any sense? Lol!

Yeah, had a split moment where I was thinking about stroke, and a couple other bad things, as I was also getting pains in my left arm too x

Scass
30-08-18, 18:05
It’s because your current focus seems to be on stroke & heart problems.
Once that passes then the tingling will pass.

mischamoonlight
30-08-18, 21:07
It’s because your current focus seems to be on stroke & heart problems.
Once that passes then the tingling will pass.

Yeah, haven't had any on my face today as of yet, so could be just a little nerve thing. Tried to refocus my thoughts elsewhere today, and was out for a large part of my day. Had a few aches and pains but was controllable.

It's been a struggle trying to feel "normal", as I have depression as well, which has been quite bad of recently, with all the feelings it comes with such as; not wanting to do anything, very low mood, sweet cravings, switched off, not focused etc.

Now I'm worried if I'm peeing enough, as I seem to not be going as much lately but drinking plenty of water. So, I don't know lol! Call me worry wort.

mischamoonlight
31-08-18, 03:31
I'm really struggling to sleep and feeling very panicky trying to. Everything I try to lay down to sleep, I started getting weird sensations all over my body and I don't know why or what it is?

My legs go slightly heavy, my feet go tingly (mainly left foot), chest, my throat and tongue feels tight and dry. It's very scary and hard to fall asleep when it happens.

mischamoonlight
31-08-18, 14:35
I discovered a bald spot in my hair near the front, it's about the size of a small penny or cent. Where it is is noticeable on my fringe (bangs). It is just a round bald spot, I noticed it couple weeks ago, and it's starting to bother me a lot now, and worry me. I have dark brown hair so you can see it when I hve my hair parted down the middle and where my fringe starts slightly to the right of it.

Is it a sign of something wrong with my immune system?

Beside the cosmetic appearance, I'm more concerned theirs something else going on in my body, what could have caused this or is causing this?

Scass
02-09-18, 03:08
How awful for your family, your poor Mum.

You’re in shock so will be feeling all sorts of sensations at the moment.
Your Mum will be fine, she has been checked over & just needs to rest and relax, same as you. She might be worried about you, so please stop watching her & just rest.

You’re not having a heart attack, your body is full of adrenaline and needs to rest.

mischamoonlight
02-09-18, 04:40
How awful for your family, your poor Mum.

You’re in shock so will be feeling all sorts of sensations at the moment.
Your Mum will be fine, she has been checked over & just needs to rest and relax, same as you. She might be worried about you, so please stop watching her & just rest.

You’re not having a heart attack, your body is full of adrenaline and needs to rest.

I know you're right, I think I'm just looking for reassurance. We're actually worrying about each other and wishing their wad more I could do to help her. Thankfully the emergency doctor is based two minutes from our house. I'm keeping an eye on my mum, and I'm just panicking because of my sensations as well.

Sorry if I sounded hysterical, I was but I got such a fright and after the doctors with my mum I immediately came here to talk about my sensations and what happened.

Mum is resting now, and making sure she does also.. That person has been dealt with by the authorities but we'll have to wait and see now.

I can't sleep as well because of all this, and worry, and many things.

Thanks Scass, you're always kind to me. I'm so sorry if I sounded like a raving hysterical hyena lol, I was but I think I had a valid reason and not about me (not wholly anyway), so I came here as this is the place I feel safe enough to talk about all this with.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 ----------

BTW, would you still have adrenaline rushing like that on propranolol beta blockers?

---------- Post added at 04:40 ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 ----------

Heart is still beating hard, and a little fast. Pinching pains in different parts of my left arm, back left shoulder blade is very tender and aching, lots of crunching sounds.

Heart sounds louder and faster when laying down, obvious can't sleep, so I'm very worried state.

Scass
02-09-18, 11:12
You didn’t sound hysterical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you were!

My daughter fell on Friday and from a simple fall broke her collarbone. We spent a few hours at urgent care, and by the time she fell asleep that night I was a wreck! Burst into tears, couldn’t sleep and felt awful all day on Saturday! Yet she was the one who was being brave & just getting on with life! I think I’m trying to show that I was in shock too & for something less horrific. I can’t particularly tell you my sensations as I don’t tune into every twinge anymore like you might. But I was shaky, unsteady, nauseated... I suspect my pulse was racing but I don’t ever check it.

So yes I imagine that you do get all of those panic sensations. Now you just have to focus on the fact that your Mum is ok and safe. And you’ll eventually start to feel better.

mischamoonlight
02-09-18, 14:05
You didn’t sound hysterical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you were!

My daughter fell on Friday and from a simple fall broke her collarbone. We spent a few hours at urgent care, and by the time she fell asleep that night I was a wreck! Burst into tears, couldn’t sleep and felt awful all day on Saturday! Yet she was the one who was being brave & just getting on with life! I think I’m trying to show that I was in shock too & for something less horrific. I can’t particularly tell you my sensations as I don’t tune into every twinge anymore like you might. But I was shaky, unsteady, nauseated... I suspect my pulse was racing but I don’t ever check it.

So yes I imagine that you do get all of those panic sensations. Now you just have to focus on the fact that your Mum is ok and safe. And you’ll eventually start to feel better.

Oh my God, I'm so sorry to heart that Scass, I'm glad she is ok, I know, I feel exactly like you, it's the shock of those closest to you getting hurt, then you end up getting sensations and feeling worse.

Like myself, and it's distressing. Yeah, I'm still getting little pains in my chest and arm, and my heart is racing a little still but not badly at the moment. Mum is ok, she is resting, and we're going to our doctors tomorrow as well anyway,.

Today it's like stinging needle like pains over my stomach area, which had probably upset my IBS so, that is great lol. Yeah, just very tired, was feeling very anxious and was panicking I was having a mini stroke or a heart attack, then I'm worrying about my mum or dad getting worse or sick, and yeah lol I'm a little bit of a panicking mess at the moment.

Going doctors tomorrow as well, so will post back here and update on the situation. Thanks Scass, hope you're OK too and your daughter x

Scass
02-09-18, 19:47
Yes she’s fine, thank you! Kids are so very resilient and brave. They really teach you a thing or two about life! I’d be refusing to get out of bed, and she’s just pootling along only using one arm like nothing had happened.

I get those stinging pains in my stomach sometimes when I’ve eaten too much cheese! So yes it’s probably your ibs.

mischamoonlight
03-09-18, 03:03
Yes she’s fine, thank you! Kids are so very resilient and brave. They really teach you a thing or two about life! I’d be refusing to get out of bed, and she’s just pootling along only using one arm like nothing had happened.

I get those stinging pains in my stomach sometimes when I’ve eaten too much cheese! So yes it’s probably your ibs.

I know, I wish I had kids power of just getting on with things, the power of being a child! Yeah, I got it today after I had a large brunch, it left me full, stinging or sharp stinging pains that were like shocks, but it settles down later. Going the doctor tomorrow, mum is getting checked first, and because of everything thats happened, I'm going to get a check up as well, at least for my sanity lol!

Unfortunately I don't think the police are going to do much about this situation but give the person a warning, which has me a little stressed as she is a highly unstable individual who is on heavy drugs, and this was all over my mum confronting her about trying to steal our neighbours dog, as she caught her out the window grabbing the dog and that is how this all happened unfortunately.

But I'm holding it together for my mum's sake at the moment, beside the aches and pains, some on/off palpitations yesterday and today, and the stinging pains I had in my stomach, I'm okay, but just need to get everything under control and relaxed. This didn't help my anxiety, but mum and myself are seeing our doctors tomorrow, so we can go from after there.

Thanks Scass x

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

I took my temperature and it was 96.6, which is low, it's late at night and very tired, should I be worried about it being at that? I've been very worried about Sepsis lately, and I'm really panicky at the moment.

My heart rate went from palpitations earlier today, to back down to almost the 50's tonight, but seems to jump a bit, up and down so that is stressing me, I'm also getting pinching pains in back of left leg and in left arm.

My stomach is gurgling so loud too, some stinging/needle like pains or electrical shocks sensations something like that. Feeling little tight chested or restricted too.

Sorry, I'm very freaked out by all these symptoms, and panicking about mini strokes, strokes, other things brought on, and my stress levels are through the roof, can't sleep properly either.

It's a lot I know, but I'm feeling very confused and upset and also want to know what's wrong with me?

mischamoonlight
03-09-18, 16:49
Doctor said my heart and blood pressure are fine, I also explained about my low temperature at night, she said I need to stop taking my temperature all the time.

I showed her my bald spot on the front of my hair, she said it looks like alopecia, and gave me very strong steroid cream to put on it? Not sure what that does, but gave me a 8 week course of it and if it doesn't help then she'll send me to a dermatologist.

That was generally what happened. My mum was also okay, blood pressure a little high hut was going down, and gave her some medication to help with the stomach unease as well.

So that is what happened with our doctors, and just try g to get back to normal would be great now, but we're starting to get harassed with loud music and noise, sniggering and such. So we've been in touch with the landlords, so hopefully something may be done but still quite stressful situation.

mischamoonlight
04-09-18, 01:44
I'm worrying about my temperature again, my doctor didn't take my temperature, she only told me to stop taking mine all the time.

But when I took it tonight, just now, it went down as low as 96.2, which is frighteningly low isn't it?

Should I be worried about this? Is it normal? Is it the beta blockers? It isn't an infection or Sepsis is it?

Scass
04-09-18, 18:22
No it’s not frighteningly low. But it does show a pattern that at night your temperature goes lower. That’s quite normal, people get lower temperatures at night.

mischamoonlight
05-09-18, 01:37
No it’s not frighteningly low. But it does show a pattern that at night your temperature goes lower. That’s quite normal, people get lower temperatures at night.

I know, I tend to write everything down in my diary, so I follow a pattern. I was feeling very panicky, so I instantly start going over everything again in my head.

I got a cut on my foot from a piece of sharp plastic of some kind, I cleaned it with antiseptic wipes, bandaged, but I know I'll start worrying about Sepsis again because of it, because of the way I've been lately, everything is the absolute worst of the worst thoughts.

Sorry, had a very low day today, feeling in a bit of shock at the whole ordeal and trying to get back to normal or some kind.

Scass
05-09-18, 07:12
That’s ok, everyone has low days and you’ve had a shock. Just try not to fall back into the constant checking cycle.

My partner is a carpenter and comes home with a new cut every day it seems. Sometimes I barely think he washes them! Don’t get too hung up on a cut, they happen.

mischamoonlight
05-09-18, 10:07
That’s ok, everyone has low days and you’ve had a shock. Just try not to fall back into the constant checking cycle.

My partner is a carpenter and comes home with a new cut every day it seems. Sometimes I barely think he washes them! Don’t get too hung up on a cut, they happen.

Yeah, you're right, I'm going to do my best to not set myself back. Thanks Scass!

mischamoonlight
05-09-18, 18:11
I've a pain in my lower left side of my stomach, above the hip bone. What causes pain there? Sometimes it feels like a really bad stitch but it isn't a stitch, it pulls sometimes or is like a jabbing.

My thoughts are running away with something being burst, ulcer, hernia or something else maybe?

Had it since yesterday but flared up today, and started feeling chest tightness as well.

What would cause that?

mischamoonlight
06-09-18, 01:40
I'm not coping very well, I think I'm going through some sort of psychological shock from the events of the weekend. I feel so disorientated and agitated, slow on reacting to people talking to me or answering and general things like that. Everything seems distant and obscure at the moment like I'm floating out at sea, does that make sense to anyone?

I'm still worrying and stressing about my physical symptoms as well, like that pain I've been getting yesterday and today at the lower side of my left stomach,above my hipbone (can't feel my hipbone sadly lol!) and stinging/needle like pains that happen in different parts of my stomach. Aches and pains, lethargy or feeling jaded. Ups and downs of palpitations (not massively, just a slight raise now and then), worried about infections like Sepsis, or a rise in temperature and things like that. I feel slow, like a snail slow, my brain feels foggy or just off. Everyone keeps saying I seem off, or spaced out, like I'm not with it, and their right, I feel like my head is somewhere else.

I know it was only Monday my doctor checked my blood pressure and heart rate, which was fine.

Just these pains in my lower left side, stomach pains, things like that. Overwhelmingly tired at the moment, even though I'm getting some hours of sleep a night.

Why these symptoms?

---------- Post added 06-09-18 at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was 05-09-18 at 22:15 ----------

My chest has become so tight tonight, feels like something around my throat, feels so restrictive. Causing me a lot of anxiousness and worry.

Scass
06-09-18, 02:07
You know that these symptoms are your anxiety, you have them regularly at night - and during the day! Your chest is often worse at night because you’re panicking.
The stinging pains are ibs related.

You have been checked over and you are fine physically. Mentally you’ve had a shock and you’re not over it yet. But you need to keep telling yourself that you are ok, and you will be ok.

Try and sleep. Think of something like what you’re wearing tomorrow, or do an a-z of good in your head, or plan the route you might take on a walk. These things will help you sleep & relax.

mischamoonlight
06-09-18, 13:29
You know that these symptoms are your anxiety, you have them regularly at night - and during the day! Your chest is often worse at night because you’re panicking.
The stinging pains are ibs related.

You have been checked over and you are fine physically. Mentally you’ve had a shock and you’re not over it yet. But you need to keep telling yourself that you are ok, and you will be ok.

Try and sleep. Think of something like what you’re wearing tomorrow, or do an a-z of good in your head, or plan the route you might take on a walk. These things will help you sleep & relax.

Sorry Scass, it's like an up and down. I eventually got asleep. I'm going to try to keep focused today and not get upset, just have to keep thoughts away.

Scass
06-09-18, 17:05
Don’t apologise. Just know that these symptoms are anxiety related, there is nothing else wrong with you.

mischamoonlight
06-09-18, 22:29
Don’t apologise. Just know that these symptoms are anxiety related, there is nothing else wrong with you.

Yeah, It's just hard sometimes, well, a lot of the time but I'm working on it. I think it's just going to take longer than I thought, but that's okay, just go at my own pace and take it day by day.

mischamoonlight
08-09-18, 02:39
I don't know when it started, maybe in theast couple of weeks but the lower part of my stomach seems bloated or "round", I don't know if that has anything to do with my stomach pains, gas or something else?

I'm making an appointment for next week to see my female doctor for something else, but want to bring this up as well, but because of how I am, I worry it's something cancer related and then I start panicking again.

---------- Post added at 02:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

Okay, I'm starting to freak out, I literally just took my temperature, I've not had a drink or ate for an hour, and my temperature is 95.8??? That's not normal? I'm not cold, what's going on!? Is it Sepsis? Is it something else? I don't understand.

---------- Post added at 02:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

It's gone back up to 96.4 but it's going down again. I've no idea why it would go so low and frightened it will again... My brain is going to explode. My bones are aching, everything is tender, I'm exhausted mentally and physically, completely and utterly depression has set in and is rooted. And I now have alopecia which is making me cry looking at this small bald spot that could start getting bigger and go all over my head.

---------- Post added at 02:39 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

It's gone back down to 96.1 now. Could this be Sepsis? I'm sorry I'm panicking, I'm on my own and it's half 2 at night.

Phuzella
08-09-18, 09:46
I do feel for you. Are you getting help with the anxiety?

mischamoonlight
08-09-18, 19:12
I do feel for you. Are you getting help with the anxiety?

I am, but CBT only covers everything I already aware of, but I've been attending it, but not found it helpful, so requested to see a private therapist instead, so will see if I hear back about that. Unfortunately I can't afford to pay for private sessions with a therapist, far too expensive here.

I know, I'm just not coping very well at this moment, I know a lot of it is my anxiety but sometimes some of the things I get in terms of symptoms and such, exacerbate everything and causes a lot of worry and stress.

WHITEDETH
09-09-18, 00:25
I have to say you sound like me and I sympthise with your pain on this. What are you using to measure your temp? It may be fective or you arent measuring properly to get a good reading. If you have been having body temps lower than 95 on a daily basis you would be pretty ill by now as ylud be in yhe start of hylothermia. Also with all the stress and anxiety you are putting youraelf through its tacing your body eapwcially with limited sleep. You are drained and need to try and rest. Dont get me wrong thia is WAY WAY eaaiwr said than done. I had my heart listened to by 3 diffefent gps, had an ECG, all fine, bloods and cholesterol all fine and blood preasure all fine. Can i belive them? Only for a few weeks then the doubt sets in. Ive convinced myself of poisoning, bowel cancer, throat cancer, heart problems (on going) AAA, testicular cancer and more. Infact i have created symptoms of most of the above. When i thought i had bowel cancer I had difficulty going to the toilet, slim stools like they were being cruahed passed a blockage, conatopation, bloating and terrible atomach pain and cramps. Then all vanished when i regained my composure months later. All started because i found a pile.

I hope you can start to feel better. I mean im.writing thia scared to go to aleep and probably like you anticipating the next chest pain and aymptom which iant healthy lr good for the psyche. The brain can create symptoms from.out overthinking and we end up witj a load of psychosymatic symptoms nobody but us can explain.

Im gonna try amd sleep, you ashould to.

mischamoonlight
10-09-18, 00:10
I have to say you sound like me and I sympthise with your pain on this. What are you using to measure your temp? It may be fective or you arent measuring properly to get a good reading. If you have been having body temps lower than 95 on a daily basis you would be pretty ill by now as ylud be in yhe start of hylothermia. Also with all the stress and anxiety you are putting youraelf through its tacing your body eapwcially with limited sleep. You are drained and need to try and rest. Dont get me wrong thia is WAY WAY eaaiwr said than done. I had my heart listened to by 3 diffefent gps, had an ECG, all fine, bloods and cholesterol all fine and blood preasure all fine. Can i belive them? Only for a few weeks then the doubt sets in. Ive convinced myself of poisoning, bowel cancer, throat cancer, heart problems (on going) AAA, testicular cancer and more. Infact i have created symptoms of most of the above. When i thought i had bowel cancer I had difficulty going to the toilet, slim stools like they were being cruahed passed a blockage, conatopation, bloating and terrible atomach pain and cramps. Then all vanished when i regained my composure months later. All started because i found a pile.

I hope you can start to feel better. I mean im.writing thia scared to go to aleep and probably like you anticipating the next chest pain and aymptom which iant healthy lr good for the psyche. The brain can create symptoms from.out overthinking and we end up witj a load of psychosymatic symptoms nobody but us can explain.

Im gonna try amd sleep, you ashould to.

Sorry for not replying earlier, just had a very bad night. Thanks for understanding, I'm just a bit of a mess, nd things in my life are just hard at the moment. I'm doing my best to get through it as easy as possible, but it's hard, but I'll keep trying.

mischamoonlight
10-09-18, 20:19
I don't know if I should be worried about this, but the last week or so, my bowel movements have been all over the place. I go everyday, but it goes from solid to soft (not watery or loose like just softer). It was an odd colour today as well, like a pale/light yellow/brown (I'd call it a pale beige and slightly on the yellow side). Is that serious that colour?

This concerns me along with the lower part of my stomach looking slightly bloated, I'm just worried about stuff, lots of stuff. I'm not eating differently, I could probably do with drinking more water, so not sure what's going on...

Scass
11-09-18, 20:22
No I wouldn’t worry, it’s likely your ibs.

mischamoonlight
11-09-18, 23:16
No I wouldn’t worry, it’s likely your ibs.

Probably, still having bowel issues today, but see how I am. I'm struggling at the moment, especially with trying to sleep, I get pains in my left arm and armpit, the odd chest pain. I hadn't had it in a long while, but I started to get that feeling like I couldn't swallow while trying to breath. Maybe stress, but it's so distressing when trying to sleep, so I'm not getting asleep before 4am, then I wake at 8am, fall asleep again, and am back up at 1.am, so I'm feeling a little all over the place and agitated.

I know some of the symptoms are down to stress and my anxiousness, but some I don't know, just few stuff causing me worries. Sorry, I ramble a lot.

mischamoonlight
12-09-18, 16:27
I feel so tight and breathless today, especially in my upper chest, just like a restriction. And my shoulder blades feel achy and tender, not sure why I'm having a short of breath and tightness feeling today as my body feels relaxed and I'm not doing anything stressful or exerting?

lucymarie
12-09-18, 20:33
I feel so tight and breathless today, especially in my upper chest, just like a restriction. And my shoulder blades feel achy and tender, not sure why I'm having a short of breath and tightness feeling today as my body feels relaxed and I'm not doing anything stressful or exerting?

It’s likely just your anxiety Mischa, it can wreak havoc. I can’t remember what treatment you said you were getting for the anxiety but how is it going? You seem to be really struggling with it at the minute and it must be really awful for you :sad:

mischamoonlight
12-09-18, 21:17
It’s likely just your anxiety Mischa, it can wreak havoc. I can’t remember what treatment you said you were getting for the anxiety but how is it going? You seem to be really struggling with it at the minute and it must be really awful for you :sad:

Hi lm4, yeah really struggling at the moment. I was doing well for a week or so, then a terrible thing happened with my mum, and I've become recluse, as has my mum. Thankfully, we'll be moving out of this house soon, so we'll be away from what caused us this dreadful situation.

I'm just feeling extremely low at the moment, which isn't helping at all, feeling so depressed and absolutely no energy. I know you're probably right, but sometimes it's hard to hear what people are saying when your thoughts are so loud and constant.

I was doing CBT, but after a couple sessions, it was just repeating what I already was doing myself. Fishmanpa gave me PMR and that was something they only mentioned in there, but I was practicing it myself for a while. It only lasts 6 sessions and it's group, which I didn't like at all. I put in a request to see a therapist one to one, so I can work with the person on my own and with them, without a group thing. So, hopefully hear back about going to a one to one therapist but not sure if they'll allow it. I can't afford a private one either.

Usually I do fine, but sometimes little things can niggle away at me and cause me ocd behaviour with it. I'm run down as well at the moment, no interest in anything, not even in wearing a little makeup, or dressing up when going out, just down all the time. I think with all the stress and horrible things that have happened, haven't helped and bogged me down. I also have the worry of my mum as well, making sure she is well, and taking care of her, and my pets as well, lots of things, money, stresses of being in the beginning of my 30's and not knowing what direction my life is going, lost and stuff.

The health worries is the worst part of it all though, never stop worrying all day and night. It's exhausting. I'm probably just struggling a little more than usual, but sometimes it feels good to just get all this off my chest, even if its on this forum, instead of repressing it all ya know?

Sorry for rant lol! Todays worries are feeling a little tight chested and short of breath, really sore and tender back shoulder blade pain, had to put pernaton on it to help (which does to a degree), maybe the breathing is coming from my nose feeling stuffy up the back of it, congested or something. Also, not getting asleep before 4am every night is probably not helping my problems either, broken sleep as well.

Sorry lol! I ramble...a lot!

mischamoonlight
13-09-18, 01:43
Feels so tight around my throat and upper chest area, really distressing me tonight. My whole upper back area, shoulder blades and shoulders are so tight and when I move them, their sore and tender too.

Not to mention I have two giant spots, hoping their not like a little bite from some mite or something, but their largely red around them, one at the back of my neck near the left, and one on my left hip at the back. No idea where they've come, not had ones that size before, or had such a large redness around them.

Anyway, getting a little chest pain as well, so I'm worrying about PE's and my heart again. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, it's just what's distressing me.

Would it be the tension and aching in my back that would cause the feeling of tightness in my chest or shortness of breath? Or is it something else?

mischamoonlight
13-09-18, 16:08
Every time I take a big breath in, it feels like all my upper back muscles push back, which I don't know if that's one of the reasons I am feeling so tight chest and breathless. It's not a severe breathlessness, but like a catching when trying to take a full breath in.

Why is this happening? Even when I'm relaxing at home, taking it easy?

lucymarie
13-09-18, 16:22
I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, that certainly won't have helped if you are already going through a tough time. How is she doing now? I'm glad to hear you will be moving somewhere you can hopefully be more comfortable. That's exciting for you both :)

Low mood definitely won't be helping things, it's all a vicious cycle, the more worried you get the worse you feel and so on. No energy is a common side effect of chronic anxiety too.

It's disappointing to hear your CBT isn't helping much. I'm 4 session into mine and I have to admit I feel the same and mine isn't group, but I'm going to persevere because I'm not really sure what else to do. Hopefully if you get individual treatment you will feel a benefit.

I know it's hard but see if you can try to gradually introduce little things back into your day that make you feel more like yourself. Whether it's 5 minutes of a hobby, wearing a little mascara or just anything really that you like to do. Start small and hopefully you'll find you actually enjoy it and can start incorporating it back into your life. You usually find the starting is the hard part but once you are into it it's never as bad as you think.

Although our situations are different I can relate to feeling overwhelmed by life. Be kind to yourself and if there is anything that causes you distress that you feel you can reduce at all, try to do so. Overburdening ourselves is common with HA sufferers, apparently it's called the 'boom or bust' according to my therapist - who knew!

HA truly is exhausting and relentless. It's definitely good to get things off your chest that's for sure, if it helps even a little it's worth it.

In terms of your sleeping pattern, could you try going to bed earlier even if it is just to read or do a light hobby like crafts? You need to trick your mind into a routine. Not sleeping much will definitely make things harder to deal with.

For what it's worth I truly believe most of your symptoms are related to your anxiety - that's not to belittle them at all, they are real and they do affect you. I just don't believe them to be indicative of anything sinister :hugs:

mischamoonlight
13-09-18, 17:55
I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, that certainly won't have helped if you are already going through a tough time. How is she doing now? I'm glad to hear you will be moving somewhere you can hopefully be more comfortable. That's exciting for you both :)

Low mood definitely won't be helping things, it's all a vicious cycle, the more worried you get the worse you feel and so on. No energy is a common side effect of chronic anxiety too.

It's disappointing to hear your CBT isn't helping much. I'm 4 session into mine and I have to admit I feel the same and mine isn't group, but I'm going to persevere because I'm not really sure what else to do. Hopefully if you get individual treatment you will feel a benefit.

I know it's hard but see if you can try to gradually introduce little things back into your day that make you feel more like yourself. Whether it's 5 minutes of a hobby, wearing a little mascara or just anything really that you like to do. Start small and hopefully you'll find you actually enjoy it and can start incorporating it back into your life. You usually find the starting is the hard part but once you are into it it's never as bad as you think.

Although our situations are different I can relate to feeling overwhelmed by life. Be kind to yourself and if there is anything that causes you distress that you feel you can reduce at all, try to do so. Overburdening ourselves is common with HA sufferers, apparently it's called the 'boom or bust' according to my therapist - who knew!

HA truly is exhausting and relentless. It's definitely good to get things off your chest that's for sure, if it helps even a little it's worth it.

In terms of your sleeping pattern, could you try going to bed earlier even if it is just to read or do a light hobby like crafts? You need to trick your mind into a routine. Not sleeping much will definitely make things harder to deal with.

For what it's worth I truly believe most of your symptoms are related to your anxiety - that's not to belittle them at all, they are real and they do affect you. I just don't believe them to be indicative of anything sinister :hugs:

Thanks for that lm48, My mum is doing ok, she has arthritis so after what happened her back has flared up and she is on painkillers and patches to help with the pain. She is also a little anxious at the moment too, so we're trying to help each other, and I'm doing my best to take care of her and make sure she has everything she need as well.

I think I just feel a bit lost and really agitated and stressed by everything. I actually got a letter about a referral review in October for therapy, so hopefully I may able to talk about seeing someone one to one. CBT I think is generally only to get the ball rolling and from there it's whatever you choose to do, which is kind of hard and doesn't help as much as we may need.

Well, I'm seeing my female doctor tomorrow about lady stuff, but I will also mention about a few other things while I'm there. Still kind of felt the same as yesterday, today with the chest tightness and feeling tightness in my breathing too, but because I'm so wound up lately and find it hard to switch off, I know I'm making every sensation 1000x worse than it should be, which is another downside of HA. My depression is also at a low point with all that's happened.

I'm going to try work on my sleeping schedule and get comfy at night. Hopefully see how this review for therapy goes in October, and I can work from there, and take care of my mum, hopefully the move will make things better for her at least and allow me some change and clarity. First, I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and sort a few things out and go from there.

Thanks lm48 for being understanding, everyone's so helpful on here, it is my sanctuary lol! And my ramble place.

mischamoonlight
14-09-18, 01:38
Why is my heart racing every night I'm about to go to bed? Not to mention that tingling in my left hand, and then my stomach starts making ridiculously loud gurgling.

This is happening every night, why?

mischamoonlight
15-09-18, 02:47
Why when I'm trying to go to sleep I get that sinking feeling in my chest (physically like my heart missing a bit or squeezing or tightening)? I literally then feeling my heart beat faster after that happens, and feel it in my left armpit and arm. Why?

I also felt off balance today, not massively, just came about later on after I'd come home from grocery shopping and walking the dogs. Just made my legs feel off balance?

I don't know, I'm getting really panicky and scared theirs something going on with all of this.

Scass
15-09-18, 05:53
I think it’s because you worry about it happening every night, so it does. That’s the basis of anxiety- negative thoughts.

mischamoonlight
16-09-18, 00:29
I think it’s because you worry about it happening every night, so it does. That’s the basis of anxiety- negative thoughts.

I know you're probably right, last night I had my first night terror, which is something I haven't had in a long long time. I literally woke my mum up because she heard me screaming in my sleep. I've had adult night terrors for years, but they don't happen very often, very rarely, last night was the first one I remember having in a long while.

I'm also having very large, almost cystic like spots, their so painful it feels like its pulling the skin. I had one on my upper back, left hip and now on the right side of my hairline, so not sure if that is stress bringing that sort of thing on, along with my bald spot as well. Maybe run down?

Also having some moderate pain in my stomach with the stinging, needle like sensations. Very distressing, so, all that could be made worse, or something else causing it? I don't know.

Thanks for understanding though.

---------- Post added 16-09-18 at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was 15-09-18 at 21:00 ----------

I'm having a weird sensation, like I'm off balance or something, not dizzy, but like my legs feel like their swaying slightly, does that make sense at all?

Still feeling chest tightness, like a squeeze around my throat and chest.

It's exhausting and feeling scared all the time. I don't know why this is happening or what is causing all this, I just don't know.

mischamoonlight
17-09-18, 02:37
I started getting tight chested, like compressed this evening, I'm trying to relax now, it just started this evening, but had a very mild bit of it all day.

Around my throat all feels like it's restricted or tightening around it, causes me a lot of anxiousness.

I am worrying it's my lungs or something, fluid maybe? PE? Or is it my heart? I don't know, it is very hard to think properly when this is causing me stress.

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

I've also been feeling aittle lightheaded or off balance. Not sure what's causing that? Maybe my breathing? Taking in too much air or taking in deep breaths all the time, I don't know.

And just now, I got a weird rush sensation in my head, my ear to gled, and now my head feels woozy. What cod that be? I'm starting to freak out a lot, I did my oximeter and it looked fine, but the heart going up and down part seem to go faint then back to same, then it went faint again, even when listening to it in my neck.

mischamoonlight
19-09-18, 00:55
I'm having a bit of throat and chest tightness tonight, and I got an almost snapping in my tummy area earlier (it only last a second). Why am I getting this breathless/tightness thing? I start thinking fluid on my lungs, PE, irregularity of some kind? I don't know.

Scass
19-09-18, 19:58
It’s an anxiety thing.
When we’re worried/anxious/scared, our muscles can clench, and we start to do shallow breathing from the chest instead of steady, relaxing breathing from our stomach.
When you get this feeling, put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach. If when you breathe in your chest rises, then you are shallow breathing which can cause breathlessness, dizziness etc. If you put your other hand on your stomach, you should really notice that when you breathe in your stomach rises, and when you breathe out it goes back down. See if you can practice breathing with your hand on your stomach.

Breathing from your chest isn’t necessarily harmful, and when you’re relaxed it will revert to breathing from your stomach. Most of the time you won’t notice it changing.

Try this, make a really tight fist with one hand for 5 seconds then let it go. Did you notice that you held your breath when your fist was clenched? It’s a common thing in anxiety sufferers, out muscles tense & we hold our breath. That’s why progressive muscle relaxation is so good, because it teaches us to clench and unclench our muscles properly. After doing it for a few months, I could notice which parts of my body were clenched, and then I could relax them. I cannot recommend it enough.

mischamoonlight
20-09-18, 00:01
It’s an anxiety thing.
When we’re worried/anxious/scared, our muscles can clench, and we start to do shallow breathing from the chest instead of steady, relaxing breathing from our stomach.
When you get this feeling, put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach. If when you breathe in your chest rises, then you are shallow breathing which can cause breathlessness, dizziness etc. If you put your other hand on your stomach, you should really notice that when you breathe in your stomach rises, and when you breathe out it goes back down. See if you can practice breathing with your hand on your stomach.

Breathing from your chest isn’t necessarily harmful, and when you’re relaxed it will revert to breathing from your stomach. Most of the time you won’t notice it changing.

Try this, make a really tight fist with one hand for 5 seconds then let it go. Did you notice that you held your breath when your fist was clenched? It’s a common thing in anxiety sufferers, out muscles tense & we hold our breath. That’s why progressive muscle relaxation is so good, because it teaches us to clench and unclench our muscles properly. After doing it for a few months, I could notice which parts of my body were clenched, and then I could relax them. I cannot recommend it enough.

I will try those exercises to help. I was doing fine for a day or two, then today, I started getting wobbly back pain and it set me off, and now the left side of my neck is tingling. I also heard from a neighbour or someone who has a cancerous brain tumor and it got to me, I don't know why, it just affects me when I hear about this stuff.

I just feel agitated and fidgety, but also like I don't want to do anything if that makes sense? I'm in a bit of a limbo. The breathing comes and goes, sometimes it flares up when I go out and am busy or walking a lot, then it'll calm down a bit when I get home, but can flare up again at night.

Today I got a really weird ache in my left side, which is what set me off today and then it was my whole upper left side that started feeling wobbly and really aching and tender, especially my shoulder blade, and now my neck. I'm probably wrecked from everything, from the stress of the last couple of weeks with what happened to mum, not sleeping properly, upset stomach, and then I started worrying because I'm a few days late on my period, but it's possible that is because of the situations that have happened lately too.

I think it's because I'm always worrying that it's something serious like cancers or tumors, or blood clots and Pulmonary Embolisms, thinking worst case scenario.

mischamoonlight
20-09-18, 14:14
What causes a weird tugging pain in your left side? just below and above your waist on the side?

Since yesterday, I've been getting this tugging pain, a little uncomfortable that is bothering me. I'm trying not to get panicked but it's hard because I'm thinking all sorts, like kidneys, spleen, colon, something serious. Also, the left side of my lower stomach "looks" a little more fatter on the left side, which I don't know has always been like that or if something is causing my left side to bulge?

It's tender when I touch where my waist bends, and can feel it under my ribs on that side as well. Being honest, what could it be?

It only started up yesterday, which is why I got a bit panicked about it now. I just wanted to ask instead of Googling, because I know cancers and more scary stuff will turn up.

Scass
20-09-18, 21:02
No idea, but it’s unlikely to be anything bad. Just one of those little body quirks.

mischamoonlight
20-09-18, 21:22
No idea, but it’s unlikely to be anything bad. Just one of those little body quirks.

Yeah, it's not severe pain or anything, just like a dull aching and tender. Now my legs have been sore all day too, like I've done a workout or something but obviously haven't? Achy and sore, while also still feeling a slight chest tightness/catching.

I'm just always scared.

mischamoonlight
21-09-18, 03:00
My whole back suddenly stiffened up and felt weird,as did the lower left side of my stomach. I feel wobbly, really wobbly, and I used my oximeter, and it went down to 93%, then went up, but that's really low right? So now I'm feeling panicky about this.

What's going on? I feel crazy.

My left shoulder has been really itchy as well, is all of this something serious? I'm feeling a little whoozy headed as well.

mischamoonlight
21-09-18, 18:16
I'm still having some mild tightness, I can feel it in the back of my throat, like my chest is being constricted a little and that's what I'm feeling at the back of my throat? I don't know how to describe this stuff well.

Below my collarbone and above my breastbone is where the tightness is coming from and the back of my throat. Started worrying about PE's, lungs, stomach, ulcers, infections, etc.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

My legs are really wobbly today, like their unsteady, muscles above my knees are tight and feel sore but not as bad as yesterday. Back also feels unsteady, and I feel a little lightheaded too, which always panics me because of the way it makes me feel unsteady and like I'm going to tipple over.

Breathing and tightness is not as severe as it was last night but it's still persisting. This can't be all anxiety can it!? I think you all know by now of the things that scare me but it still causes me worry with these symptoms.

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

I just went to the doctors, I just felt really bad, so my doctor took my blood pressure which looked like 133/103 or something close to that? He also did that oximeter thing on the finger, said that was fine, checked my chest back and front with stethoscope, said that was fine as well.

Anyway, he said it was my anxiety, and probably because I'm tired as well, and if I wanted to, I could change to a lower dose of Propranolol, and take it 3 times a day if needed or stay on the one I'm on. But he said my symptoms didn't ring any alarm bells, and it was most likely due to the anxiety.

So awful feeling this way 24/7, I can't get any happiness or joy, I feel exhausted and my muscles feel so sore and tender, and constantly in a state of what's going to happen and everything that can go wrong, not sleeping, finding it hard to fall asleep etc.

I'm sorry to everyone here for constantly berating your ears, last couple of weeks have been the worse I've experiences in many years, with my mum being attacked, and everything being hard. I constantly want to burst into tears, and just sob, I feel miserable and depressed.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore, it's been so rough and such a struggle.

pulisa
21-09-18, 20:46
Why not consider offering advice/support to others on the forum? It may help you to think of ways in which you could help others rather than focussing on yourself and your symptoms?

mischamoonlight
21-09-18, 21:16
Why not consider offering advice/support to others on the forum? It may help you to think of ways in which you could help others rather than focussing on yourself and your symptoms?

It honestly never crossed my mind, and I probably thought I'd be of no use really. I may try to see how I could help, just going to try get some rest today for now.

pulisa
22-09-18, 08:04
I really think you should consider this. A lot of people would appreciate your support on here. Thinking of ways to help others would distract you from your own anxiety symptoms.

Scass
22-09-18, 09:56
I agree with Pulisa. Once you start to read other people’s problems you realise that you’re not alone. You’ll also notice that you can help others.

mischamoonlight
22-09-18, 21:12
I agree with Pulisa. Once you start to read other people’s problems you realise that you’re not alone. You’ll also notice that you can help others.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm just trying to stay off the internet for the weekend and not cause myself more worry, I'm having some dizzy spells at the moment, so I'm taking it easy for now. Thanks Scass!

AMomentofClarity
22-09-18, 21:34
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm just trying to stay off the internet for the weekend and not cause myself more worry, I'm having some dizzy spells at the moment, so I'm taking it easy for now. Thanks Scass!

So, after months and months of constant posting....repeating the same symptoms and same fears over and over again, multiple times a day.....now that people have suggested helping others, you’ve finally decided to “stay off the Internet”.....that’s an interesting coincidence....

mischamoonlight
23-09-18, 00:09
So, after months and months of constant posting....repeating the same symptoms and same fears over and over again, multiple times a day.....now that people have suggested helping others, you’ve finally decided to “stay off the Internet”.....that’s an interesting coincidence....

Have I done something to offend you? I can tell your tone is being sarcastic, and honestly it's the last thing I need in my life right now is someone pointing out my own personal problems. If you dislike me that much, then please just ignore anything I write or post, I'm not offending anyone by sharing my hardship in coping with health anxiety. I'm having to deal with my mother getting over being physically assaulted by a drug addict, my neighbours being abusive and intolerable to live beside, and I only said I'd be taking the weekend to myself not permanently off, to give myself a break from myself.

I would never wish my issues on anyone, and glad you don't suffer the way I am suffering. I wish you the best, I won't reply back if it's going to be more sarcastic jibes at my struggle to cope with health anxiety, ocd and depression, it's hard enough.

AMomentofClarity
23-09-18, 01:15
Have I done something to offend you? I can tell your tone is being sarcastic, and honestly it's the last thing I need in my life right now is someone pointing out my own personal problems. If you dislike me that much, then please just ignore anything I write or post, I'm not offending anyone by sharing my hardship in coping with health anxiety. I'm having to deal with my mother getting over being physically assaulted by a drug addict, my neighbours being abusive and intolerable to live beside, and I only said I'd be taking the weekend to myself not permanently off, to give myself a break from myself.

I would never wish my issues on anyone, and glad you don't suffer the way I am suffering. I wish you the best, I won't reply back if it's going to be more sarcastic jibes at my struggle to cope with health anxiety, ocd and depression, it's hard enough.

No, I’m not offended at all. I’m just pointing out that you get phenomenal advice from many caring people here and blatantly ignore it.
Your response is always the same....”thanks for the reply, but, here’s a massive list of all my symptoms and fears.” To be honest, I think you love the attention. Anytime someone responds to your posts, it gives you an opportunity to discuss yourself....and you can’t get enough of it.

mischamoonlight
23-09-18, 02:05
No, I’m not offended at all. I’m just pointing out that you get phenomenal advice from many caring people here and blatantly ignore it.
Your response is always the same....”thanks for the reply, but, here’s a massive list of all my symptoms and fears.” To be honest, I think you love the attention. Anytime someone responds to your posts, it gives you an opportunity to discuss yourself....and you can’t get enough of it.

Couldn't be further from the truth, but you've made up your mind on how you view me, so I won't get into an argument with you. Attention seeking and talking about myself couldn't be further from who I am, but that's all I'll say on the matter, I've more important things to worry about (and shockingly it's not me to whom I'm referring). Your words are very eye opening on who I'm replying with.

All the best and this'll be my last reply to you, I wish you well @AMomentOfClarity.

AMomentofClarity
23-09-18, 02:48
Couldn't be further from the truth, but you've made up your mind on how you view me, so I won't get into an argument with you. Attention seeking and talking about myself couldn't be further from who I am, but that's all I'll say on the matter, I've more important things to worry about (and shockingly it's not me to whom I'm referring). Your words are very eye opening on who I'm replying with.

All the best and this'll be my last reply to you, I wish you well @AMomentOfClarity.

I don’t think you understand. I’ve been where you are...a total hypochondriac mess. I know from experience that people like Pulisa are giving amazing advice! Whether you choose to take it is up to you...but yes...I think it’s weak to completely ignore people’s advice , yet come on day after day and document your “symptoms” and fears with no regard for those who’ve responded to you.

If you don’t wnt my opinion, there’s plenty of blog sites out there where you can write to instead.

mischamoonlight
23-09-18, 04:03
I don’t think you understand. I’ve been where you are...a total hypochondriac mess. I know from experience that people like Pulisa are giving amazing advice! Whether you choose to take it is up to you...but yes...I think it’s weak to completely ignore people’s advice , yet come on day after day and document your “symptoms” and fears with no regard for those who’ve responded to you.

If you don’t wnt my opinion, there’s plenty of blog sites out there where you can write to instead.

So, now I should go to a different website instead of staying here? With people I know., and do respect, and do talk to in private messages, helping one another? A part that isnt shared in a thread, the parts where I'm talking to individuals, helping each other, supporting.

Last time I was accused of being ignorant of people's advice, set me into a very bad depression, I'm not going there again. My words are the same, I write everyone's advice down when things are bad, it doesn't always help but it can get me through a few days without pain and suffering. Thanking people is how I was reared in the UK and Ireland, it's part of my culture to thank people, even for the smallest of things, that's not something I can help, when I'm thanking someone over and over, I'm making sure to let them know how grateful I am they gave me their time, might be different for other or how they interpret things

So thanking people is something I learned from living in England and Ireland now, and I'm always terrified of offending anyone, so it's almost a pedantic act I make sure to do so people know I did thank them.

I'm not "loving it", thats definitely rude to assume of me that I love being some kind of attention seeker. If you knew me personally, your view I would concur would be very different. I work hard, I'm exhausted, I spend my time taking care of others, I do not seek attention, and again I'm finding myself going into my compulsive behaviour to explain what "I'm not". I know I'm not what you assume of me, and that is all I can say and will say.

I have and always will respect everyone on here, because they are the only people who have been there when I have been falling apart, time and time again. And if any one of them ever needed me, and had to talk to me everyday, tell me their problems again and again, I would listen, I would be there every single time.

It's 4am, so I can't keep writing more, far too exhausted, so that's all I can say for now.

Fishmanpa
23-09-18, 05:29
Just an observation.

This is a post from earlier in the thread. It follows your very familiar pattern of posting about your symptoms. Typically, you get some reassurance and come back with more symptoms. This is not an attack, it's fact. The forum acts as a diary of your worries and a cry for reassurance. Ultimately, it just keeps you in the cycle. Again, just an observation based on my experience on the forum.

I'm not coping very well, I think I'm going through some sort of psychological shock from the events of the weekend. I feel so disorientated and agitated, slow on reacting to people talking to me or answering and general things like that. Everything seems distant and obscure at the moment like I'm floating out at sea, does that make sense to anyone?

I'm still worrying and stressing about my physical symptoms as well, like that pain I've been getting yesterday and today at the lower side of my left stomach,above my hipbone (can't feel my hipbone sadly lol!) and stinging/needle like pains that happen in different parts of my stomach. Aches and pains, lethargy or feeling jaded. Ups and downs of palpitations (not massively, just a slight raise now and then), worried about infections like Sepsis, or a rise in temperature and things like that. I feel slow, like a snail slow, my brain feels foggy or just off. Everyone keeps saying I seem off, or spaced out, like I'm not with it, and their right, I feel like my head is somewhere else.

I know it was only Monday my doctor checked my blood pressure and heart rate, which was fine.

Just these pains in my lower left side, stomach pains, things like that. Overwhelmingly tired at the moment, even though I'm getting some hours of sleep a night.

Why these symptoms?

---------- Post added 06-09-18 at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was 05-09-18 at 22:15 ----------

My chest has become so tight tonight, feels like something around my throat, feels so restrictive. Causing me a lot of anxiousness and worry.

This is a response from today after being challenged by Clarity....

The two quoted posts appear to come from two different people. I dare say that if you went after your mental illness the way you do anyone who challenges you, it wouldn't stand a chance.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
23-09-18, 06:29
So, now I should go to a different website instead of staying here? With people I know., and do respect, and do talk to in private messages, helping one another? A part that isnt shared in a thread, the parts where I'm talking to individuals, helping each other, supporting.

Last time I was accused of being ignorant of people's advice, set me into a very bad depression, I'm not going there again. My words are the same, I write everyone's advice down when things are bad, it doesn't always help but it can get me through a few days without pain and suffering. Thanking people is how I was reared in the UK and Ireland, it's part of my culture to thank people, even for the smallest of things, that's not something I can help, when I'm thanking someone over and over, I'm making sure to let them know how grateful I am they gave me their time, might be different for other or how they interpret things

So thanking people is something I learned from living in England and Ireland now, and I'm always terrified of offending anyone, so it's almost a pedantic act I make sure to do so people know I did thank them.

I'm not "loving it", thats definitely rude to assume of me that I love being some kind of attention seeker. If you knew me personally, your view I would concur would be very different. I work hard, I'm exhausted, I spend my time taking care of others, I do not seek attention, and again I'm finding myself going into my compulsive behaviour to explain what "I'm not". I know I'm not what you assume of me, and that is all I can say and will say.

I have and always will respect everyone on here, because they are the only people who have been there when I have been falling apart, time and time again. And if any one of them ever needed me, and had to talk to me everyday, tell me their problems again and again, I would listen, I would be there every single time.

It's 4am, so I can't keep writing more, far too exhausted, so that's all I can say for now.

You are absolutely right, I’m not judging you by anything at all that you do in your personal life, nor am I noticing anything within private messages you share with anyone on this forum. I am merely observing, from your public posts that 1) you LOVE talking about yourself and your fears and 2) you refuse to take any of the advice you’re given into consideration before posting again.
I’m sorry if my observations are difficult to digest, but maybe going back and reading your entire thread (and your deleted one) from an outsiders perspective would help you understand what I mean.

pulisa
23-09-18, 08:23
People are just trying to help you see what you are actually doing on this thread/blog, MM, and it's documenting symptom after symptom in great detail despite Scass giving you great advice and support on a regular basis.

AMOC's suggestion that you should read through your entire thread again is a good one because it does illustrate to others just how preoccupied you are with yourself and your fears and how you are allowing your HA to thrive by this detailed documentation of symptoms.

mischamoonlight
23-09-18, 11:09
I have read all your replies, and given a lot of thought and it's given me much needed clarity in what I need to do.

Scass
23-09-18, 18:48
I hope you’re ok

mischamoonlight
25-09-18, 21:34
I hope you’re ok

Thanks for caring and checking on me Scass. Just letting you know I haven't forgot you, things are rough but wanted to drop in and say that!

weallmissedme
26-09-18, 11:37
Now I am experiencing this. Last week I scratched my "area" (it happens) and I accidentally jammed my finger in some loose skin around it, causing a sharp ass pain For the next 2 days, I had considerable pressure and discomfort in my pelvis. Now, I'm experiencing chest pressure and pains again, and pain under the armpit. It appears to be going back and forth between the left and right sides. Now I'm worried about P.E. Wonder if anyone else has this as well?

I'm trying to cope and remind myself if I went to the ER, they wouldn't even test for P.E, because you have to fit the following criteria.

Have recent surgery or considerable trauma.
Have a fast heart rate.
Experience low o2 levels.

mischamoonlight
26-09-18, 14:04
Now I am experiencing this. Last week I scratched my "area" (it happens) and I accidentally jammed my finger in some loose skin around it, causing a sharp ass pain For the next 2 days, I had considerable pressure and discomfort in my pelvis. Now, I'm experiencing chest pressure and pains again, and pain under the armpit. It appears to be going back and forth between the left and right sides. Now I'm worried about P.E. Wonder if anyone else has this as well?

I'm trying to cope and remind myself if I went to the ER, they wouldn't even test for P.E, because you have to fit the following criteria.

Have a fast heart rate.

Are you man or woman? Did you hurt yourself at any stage? I get armpit pain often, but it seems to be where my referral pains go for some reason, so I wouldn't worry about that. The chest pains could be anxiety because your now focused on the pains, which is something I myself do a lot.

Do you have any recollection when your pelvis pain began or how it began? Any injury, or infection, could even be severe gas cramps. Funny, but I get bad pains from trapped gas or bowel movements, which mine is from IBS.

I know how worrying these things get, so if you still feel that way, just go to your doctors, honestly, their there to examine you and find the cause, if any. At least if you go the doctors you'll be able to get a proper confirmation, but I don't think it's PE, from everyone who's spoken to me on here about it, you'd know if you had one, as I often worry about that too but I have to rationalise my thoughts and what has happened. I know it's not easy, but I highly doubt it's a PE, could be as simple as trapped gas or you've hurt yourself, but if still worried, see your doctor to clear your mind. Hope that helps.

mischamoonlight
27-09-18, 02:46
Anyone know why I'm having a dizzy sensation last few days, since Friday actually, after seeing the doctor. I thought it might have been linked to blood pressure. Not sure if it was because I was at the doctors which when I seen it, was 133/103.

Having these episodes where I feel unbalanced with it, like I feel ok after waking up but then it starts and continues on and off throughout the day. Left side my head feels like pressure or like a swelling sensation (not actually swollen) if that makes sense? And then when laying down, not all the time, I get this rush sensation and then it goes down again, not sure what that is?

Anyway, with my thoughts lately, I'm thinking of stuff like brain aneurysms and stuff, worst kind of stuff, because maybe high blood pressure or something.

Yeah, just wondering what's causing this lately, only since Friday now, so feeling stressed.

Scass
27-09-18, 07:58
When my health anxiety was terrible I’d go to the doctor about my symptoms, be reassured that I was ok. Then that symptom would pass and something new would take its place.

I went through months of dizziness and fear I was about to vomit and then pass out in public. My fear was based round agoraphobia, and I had ALL the symptoms that I was afraid of. Until I stopped being afraid and they went away. Now when I start to get anxious they come back....

So I’m guessing that’s what’s happening to you. You don’t have a serious illness, you know you don’t. You have physical anxiety symptoms that copy the symptoms of the illness you’re afraid of this week.

mischamoonlight
27-09-18, 11:16
When my health anxiety was terrible I’d go to the doctor about my symptoms, be reassured that I was ok. Then that symptom would pass and something new would take its place.

I went through months of dizziness and fear I was about to vomit and then pass out in public. My fear was based round agoraphobia, and I had ALL the symptoms that I was afraid of. Until I stopped being afraid and they went away. Now when I start to get anxious they come back....

So I’m guessing that’s what’s happening to you. You don’t have a serious illness, you know you don’t. You have physical anxiety symptoms that copy the symptoms of the illness you’re afraid of this week.

I never really considered agoraphobia Scass, but I suppose because I'm in almost all the time due to my work and the only time I do get out is walking the dogs and grocery shopping, so not much really. It's hard because I need to work lo long hours to make enough to cover bills and rent etc, so I'll have to sort even a couple hours in the morning to force myself to get out.

Scass
27-09-18, 14:00
I wasn’t suggesting you had agoraphobia (although you might now [emoji6]). I was suggesting that whatever you’re worried about is causing your symptoms. So you worry about PE, and you get chest pains etc.

AMomentofClarity
27-09-18, 14:25
Mischa, you gave phenomenal advice to someone just the other day. In your post, you point out that if they go to a doctor they need to believe they’re ok. You obviously understand this, try working on applying that same logic to yourself.

mischamoonlight
27-09-18, 18:53
I wasn’t suggesting you had agoraphobia (although you might now [emoji6]). I was suggesting that whatever you’re worried about is causing your symptoms. So you worry about PE, and you get chest pains etc.

Oh I know that lol! I was just pointing out to myself how I probably bring it on myself with my lifestyle, which won't help my healing progress.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Mischa, you gave phenomenal advice to someone just the other day. In your post, you point out that if they go to a doctor they need to believe they’re ok. You obviously understand this, try working on applying that same logic to yourself.

I have that habit of giving advice I don't seem to listen too myself lol! I jus have to work harder with myself with lot of things. I'll try unclog my ears a bit more when advice is given.

Scass
27-09-18, 21:10
Your lifestyle is your lifestyle. You still go out every day which is more than some.

And I agree about the advice, it was really good advice that you gave someone earlier. You are so much more than you think you are [emoji846]

mischamoonlight
28-09-18, 17:58
Your lifestyle is your lifestyle. You still go out every day which is more than some.

And I agree about the advice, it was really good advice that you gave someone earlier. You are so much more than you think you are [emoji846]

Sorry, I thought my reply had gone through. Anyway, thanks for that Scass, honestly, you're always helping me. I'm going to try my best, I never make promises but I'll give it my best and try work harder to improve. :)

mischamoonlight
29-09-18, 00:59

Have a fast heart rate.

Hi, I haven't heard back, so wanted to see how you were getting on and how your symptoms are going? Pm me if you feel you want too, anytime. Hope you're doing ok.

mischamoonlight
02-10-18, 21:17
Tingling sensation in the left side of my neck, all the way up to my hairline, it's a weird sort of sensation, cause it feels like a burning or how I would describe it (Indian burn you use to get as a child on your arm). That makes sense?

It's just the left side of my neck, what could be causing that?

LouiseAndy
02-10-18, 21:47
Sometimes when I'm leaning over my phone/laptop for ages and I suddenly lift my head up again. I get a strange burning/strain in my neck.

Maybe try a few rolling neck movement!

mischamoonlight
02-10-18, 22:29
Sometimes when I'm leaning over my phone/laptop for ages and I suddenly lift my head up again. I get a strange burning/strain in my neck.

Maybe try a few rolling neck movement!

Yeah, my head and neck are leaning down (looking down I mean) a lot, so not sure if that is contributing to it?

I tried a bit of muscle rub but it didn't help, it seems to tingle under the skin, and feel like it's like someone gave me an Indian burn on the left side of my neck lol! Only way I can describe it.

I'll try some exercises to see if it helps, had it a couple days. Seems to go and then come back.

Fishmanpa
02-10-18, 23:58

It's called "Text Neck" and it's the exact cause of the symptoms you're describing.

Positive thoughts

mischamoonlight
03-10-18, 02:14
It's called "Text Neck" and it's the exact cause of the symptoms you're describing.

Positive thoughts

Lol well not far from the truth, I'm more likely looking down at a laptop, and books and papers, I tried a gel and exercises but it hasn't worked, so not sure what could help or soothe it even.

Fishmanpa
03-10-18, 02:46
Lol well not far from the truth, I'm more likely looking down at a laptop, and books and papers, I tried a gel and exercises but it hasn't worked, so not sure what could help or soothe it even.

Whether it's a phone or a laptop, computer and device usage takes up most of days. I've been working at a computer for over 20 years and I have physical issues from it. My right wrist is wrecked from mouse usage and I have pain there all the time. My right shoulder gets the tingles from nerve issues.

There are exercises (https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/text-neck-treatment#exercises) you can do to help. You've said you only get out to walk your dog. Perhaps a more vigorous physical regime would be in order.

Positive thoughts

NancyW
03-10-18, 04:54

This is quickly becoming an epidemic.
I've been dealing with it for a few years. Spent $2,000 at a chiropractor to get relief and be taught how to help myself.

If you do nothing at all other than lay on your bed on your back and let your head hang off the edge it will help. Only go back as far as comfortable and just try a minute or so to start. You're recreating the natural curve in your neck and taking pressure off the nerves.

Check out Dr Mandell on you tube, he's got great exercises for this too.

MyNameIsTerry
03-10-18, 05:05
I've been dealing with it for a few years. Spent $2,000 at a chiropractor to get relief and be taught how to help myself.

If you do nothing at all other than lay on your bed on your back and let your head hang off the edge it will help. Only go back as far as comfortable and just try a minute or so to start. You're recreating the natural curve in your neck and taking pressure off the nerves.

Have you seen those lumbar correctors you can get, Nancy? The ones you lie on that arch your back. Sounds similar to the exercise you are describing.

Very cheap and they work. I bought one and found even after one use the stretching helped with by back issues. I felt taller too.

NancyW
03-10-18, 12:19
Have you seen those lumbar correctors you can get, Nancy? The ones you lie on that arch your back. Sounds similar to the exercise you are describing.

Very cheap and they work. I bought one and found even after one use the stretching helped with by back issues. I felt taller too.

Terry I bought a posture pump cervical hydrater, it does work, it was about $150. I use it along with other at home exercises my chiropractor gave me. Thank you.

mischamoonlight
03-10-18, 20:17
Whether it's a phone or a laptop, computer and device usage takes up most of days. I've been working at a computer for over 20 years and I have physical issues from it. My right wrist is wrecked from mouse usage and I have pain there all the time. My right shoulder gets the tingles from nerve issues.

There are exercises (https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/text-neck-treatment#exercises) you can do to help. You've said you only get out to walk your dog. Perhaps a more vigorous physical regime would be in order.

Positive thoughts

Yeah, I was thinking that regarding the exercise, I've just been so tired since starting the Beta Blockers, but I'm trying to add more good food in my diet to see if it will help. I also watch PMR videos at night to help with sleep, as that is a real struggle, they are very good I have to say, they help most times. I'm going to try the 10,000 steps goal again, see if it will help.
Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Funny how we learn to do it ourselves after paying a ridiculous amount of money for the same thing lol! Yeah? I'll give that a go, anything to help really, it's probably what has caused me the pain in my shoulder blades as well, because when I lean my neck and head forward (chin to chest), I can feel the pulling on my neck and spine where my shoulder blades are, most than likely because of always looking down. It's a terrible habit, and I admit, I'm a terrible sloucher as well, I don't know how many times I've been corrected about the way I slouch my back, so thought about getting one of those back braces to hold me up and force me to sit up right as well. Thanks for that, I'll give that a go! :)

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Snap! I was calling them back braces, but that's what their called? Definitely Nancy try one of them too, I just Googled them, they look like they could help, not expensive either by the looks of it. I'm probably going to get one for my mum for her back pain to help keep her back up right and not bending too much as well.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Terry I bought a posture pump cervical hydrater, it does work, it was about $150. I use it along with other at home exercises my chiropractor gave me. Thank you.

That is a scary name for what it is lol! Not that expensive and looks helpful too.

MyNameIsTerry
04-10-18, 01:41
Snap! I was calling them back braces, but that's what their called? Definitely Nancy try one of them too, I just Googled them, they look like they could help, not expensive either by the looks of it. I'm probably going to get one for my mum for her back pain to help keep her back up right and not bending too much as well.

I just went on Ebay and typed in back stretcher which pulled loads up. They are often called things like magic back, back magic, lumbar massager, etc.

Dead cheap though and I did find they help. It's really just like someone pushing you into a stretch as you might do in some exercises.

Some say they can be uncomfortable but I didn't find that. I guess it depends how bad your back is.

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

Whoa, that sounds like an industrial one! :D

Glad you found something that helps. I think people underestimate how much a bad back can affect you. I ended up with all sorts of aches & pains from how it changes how you move, sit, sleep, etc.

I'm glad I don't sit at office desks for many hours these days.

mischamoonlight
06-10-18, 02:05
I'm having a bit of dizziness/off balance feeling again, it really unsettles me. I don't know whether it's related to my Beta Blocker Propranolol medication, if it's blood pressure, but I have an at home wrist BP and I'm getting normal readings on that, so I don't know what could be causing it.

By the way, I've been monitoring my BP at night before bed, tonight it was 96/65. Would that be the medications and being Hypothyroid? It seems to raise during the day?

I know I'm tired a lot, and not getting proper sleep, well, about 5-6 hours at most. Then, I don't know if I'm imagining this or if I really do need my eyes tested, but sometimes my left eye seems to see things a little more "blurry"? When I put my hand over my right and look with my left, it looks like that, then if I do the same with the other eye it seems clearer. Does that make sense lol?

Anyway, the dizzy/off balance thing really unsettles me, I start thinking all sorts then.

Also, when I press my fingers into the back of my left ribs like massaging it, I can feel really tender parts, get that funny bone feeling. Dunno how to describe it.

mischamoonlight
07-10-18, 02:18
Having some discomfort in my left side, and around the back area, which is in the left shoulder blade as well. What could be the causes of this? I started thinking ruptured spleen or something?

I'm also feeling a little breathless/tight chested, would that be related?

Sorry, feel like I'm having a rough night and beginning to worry.

Scass
07-10-18, 17:34
How long was it after eating? Sometimes they are classic reflux symptoms x

mischamoonlight
08-10-18, 00:05
How long was it after eating? Sometimes they are classic reflux symptoms x

It was a good while after eating, but seems better today. I'm actually worried about my blood pressure readings I keep getting on the wrist one I have at home. They keep reading low blood pressure, so I'm feeling very worried about that, apart from everything else I worry about.

Thanks Scass, I was doing okay for a few days, but feel a bit worried at the moment.

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:49 ----------

For some reason the blood pressure readings I keep getting are 90's for systolic, and 60's (even 56 once) for diastolic. So now I'm feeling a bit panicky as to why it's so low now?

---------- Post added 08-10-18 at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was 07-10-18 at 23:56 ----------

Would it be the Propranolol I'm on? I'm very confused.

Capercrohnj
08-10-18, 00:32
90s isn't *that* low. I'm in the hospital so they check a few times a day and mine has been between 66-106 (usually in the 80s or 90s) with the bottom number as low as 31 and I'm asymptomatic. I don't think I've ever been above 110 in my life.

nomorepanic
08-10-18, 00:37
the wrist ones are not very accurate though

mischamoonlight
08-10-18, 01:16
90s isn't *that* low. I'm in the hospital so they check a few times a day and mine has been between 66-106 (usually in the 80s or 90s) with the bottom number as low as 31 and I'm asymptomatic. I don't think I've ever been above 110 in my life.

Oh I'm sorry you're in the hospital, hope you're okay! Yeah, it probably has something to do with the Propranolol, so I'll try not get overly anxious about it. Yeah, I think because I'm always use to my BP being high lol!

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

the wrist ones are not very accurate though

I was thinking that too, just wasn't sure, with the medication or starting to stress it might have been an infection or something, as I said to another person, I'm use to having high blood pressure, so it kind of startled me.

Yeah, it's a battery operated wrist BP monitor, so I honestly wouldn't know if it is accurate enough.

mischamoonlight
08-10-18, 19:44
Is it okay if I share this? Okay, something really stupid happened this morning. I usually take my Eltroxin medication at 8am, I did, but when I went to put the pill box back, I dropped it, which also dropped my Propranolol as well. Okay, fine, I put everything back, their was one Eltroxin that I lose (which is okay). Then, I laid back down and fell asleep, woke back up at half 10 and felt groggy, and I don't know but I kept thinking I'd taken one of my Propranolol earlier, and when I counted my box they were all there, except for Sundays which I took on Sunday (of course). So, I then took my Propranolol at 11am.

I don't know why, but I think this set me off for the whole day, and I keep thinking I took a double dose. I'm 98% sure I didn't, but is this stress causing me to go all fuzzy headed?

Anyway, I've been very lightheaded/off balance today, and my back and my shoulder blades have been super sore and tender, pains, and also chest pains as well. I felt a bit breathless earlier today, but that seems to have eased, but the pains around my chest are still there, and I just feel kind of surreal? Does that make sense? I feel anxious or agitated I can't describe it?

I know that whole medicine thing this morning really set me off and started panicking me because I kept thinking I took an overdose on my Propranolol. I don't know why that is going through my brain, doubting myself and forgetting so much as well. Then these chest pains and arms pains and back and shoulder blade pains also set me off, I'm sorry, I know I'm ranting a bit here, but I feel like I'm losing the plot or something, or it's low blood pressure, then I started thinking I was having a stroke or heart attack.

Jeez, this has been a really bad day for me, can definitely feel it in my shoulder blades, very stiff and sore, was also getting on/off sharp pains in my stomach as well. Probably because I've gotten badly worked up over that earlier this morning, but I'm kinda freaking out a little over the pains and stuff.

mischamoonlight
10-10-18, 00:30
Dunno if it's related to my IBS but I've been getting some sharp pains in my stomach, and such loud gurgling, belching, (ahem... Flatulence) lol! But seriously, does anyone else get anythingime this?

I'm fine with most of the symptoms, but the sharp pains like a tearing or darting pain upsets me. It could be possible the tightness in my chest and throat is caused by it too, I don't know, been a stressful few days and feeling very agitated.

Scass
10-10-18, 07:13
Yes I get that and I’m almost certain it’s your ibs, or just gastric noises / symptoms.

Keep your head up, you’re doing so well.

mischamoonlight
11-10-18, 18:59
Yes I get that and I’m almost certain it’s your ibs, or just gastric noises / symptoms.

Keep your head up, you’re doing so well.

Sorry for late reply Scass, life has just been a bit rough at the moment, but I'm doing my best to get through it. I'll keep prodding along lol!

mischamoonlight
14-10-18, 00:21
Been having some pain in between my chest area, mild but been last few days. I took my oximeter tonight and it was going all over the place, from as low as 93-98, but seems to be staying at a low of 94-96, not sure if that's normal.

Also finding it hard to sleep at night again, but I'm feeling as though my heart is stopping and I have to catch my breath, I'm feeling panicky something is wrong with my heart.

mischamoonlight
15-10-18, 01:13
I'm having a really hard time lately with sleep, and going asleep, a fear of it, because of the possibility of not waking up ya know?

Is it sleep apnea? Ya know with having those moments where I feel like my heart stops and I can't catch my breath, or as I'm trying to fall asleep, I jolt up trying to catch my breath. So, sleep apnea or what? This is making me super anxious and stressed, and so exhausted as well.

mischamoonlight
15-10-18, 11:36
Lately, my oxygen levels seem to on the lower side of normal, well, of what I'm use too. 94-96% this seems to be the readings I'm getting, even when sitting upright.

I'm sorry. I know I'm ranting a bit lately, I am a bit stressed lately, I'm over thinking a lot too, I don't mean to lay it all here, honestly it's just a bad episode.

Scass
15-10-18, 21:03
It’s not sleep apnea, it’s just another anxiety symptom. As soon as you let it go, it’ll go.

No idea about the oxygen, sorry.

mischamoonlight
15-10-18, 21:16
It’s not sleep apnea, it’s just another anxiety symptom. As soon as you let it go, it’ll go.

No idea about the oxygen, sorry.

It's horrible having that fear, especially when you're trying to go to sleep, it just makes it very hard. Cause then you fear going asleep as well, ya know.

I don't know, yeah the oxygen thing, mine is usually 97, but fluctuates from 95-99, but last couple of days its just been between 94-96/97. I'm not sure, I thought it was a symptom of Sleep Apnea, or some disorder affecting my sleep, or related to those jolts I get at night, or the feeling like I've stopped breathing for a moment.

I know anxiety has a lot to do with it, but I can't put those thoughts out of my head, thinking what if, at the moment anyway. Which also means, I'm extremely tired too.

Thanks Scass.

mischamoonlight
21-10-18, 21:18
I'm wanting to start weening off the 80mg Propranolol slow release (the capsule with the little beads inside), to Propranolol 10mg (tablet Inderal) 4x a day. Which would be half of what I'm taking at the moment.

Is there a difference in this drug to the slow release or is it the exact same drug? I'm just always very panicky when starting a new drug of any kind, and need advice?

I'm very confused by all the information out there, and how to ween to a lower dose. Is there effects from going from 80mg slow release to a quick release 10mg inderal propranolol?

mischamoonlight
22-10-18, 14:54
I asked my local pharmacist about the lower dose, and he said it was the same drug as the Propranolol 80mg slow release, only difference is the 10mg Inderal Propranolol is quick release. Anyway, on the packet he said it says "one to be taken three times daily as required", so that means if I were to take 4, there'd be no harm with it?

As it'll be halving my dose, this stuff always makes me nervous. I'm not wanting to come off Propranolol completely, just a lower dose.

mischamoonlight
26-10-18, 23:31
I've been on the 10mg Propranolol (Inderal) 4x a day, and the first couple of days I was having weird heart flutters and jumps. What I'm finding hard to get use to is my heart rate being higher than it was.

When I was on the 80mg slow release, I was use to my heart being in the 60's almost constantly (apart from moving about and such, but mostly).

Now, it's way back up in the 80's, it does go down into the 70's but it's hard to get use to it beating faster again, and I feel like I have slight palpitations. I'm not having any chest pains, sometimes I might feel a twinge, but very mildly. Yeah, it's the feeling of it beating faster that is unsettling because I got use to the slow release.

Will my heart rate settle down a bit after having the lower quick release doses?

mischamoonlight
28-10-18, 03:45
I'm having heart utter, or feels irregular (like my heart will beat slower and then suddenly jump up a few beats and seems to be beating harder). Also feeling a little breathless, or restricted, so now starting to get very anxious that it's damaged my heart or something? Or what?

---------- Post added at 03:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

My heart seems to be jumping around, going from low 60's then straight back up to 80's, it's unsettling me. Is this normal going on a lower dose after being on the slow release 80mg dose? Palpitations? I'm very scared at the moment.

mischamoonlight
01-11-18, 04:09
I'm freaking out theirs something wrong. My heart keeps jumping and skipping a beat and beating irregularly, I'm having a mild chest pain too. It all started after having a takeaway, a simple pepper pizza and curry chips. But everything feels scary right now, I'm really scared theirs something wrong with my heart. I got a watery burst of diarrhea, only came once about an hour after that takeaway, and haven't had anything like it since, but had palpitations since then, up and down and all over. What is it? I'm shaking right now with fear.

My oximeter is all over, I can see my heart beat jumping all over the place, then like it's stopping and them jumping back again. I'm really frightened, I can't sleep with how scared I am.

It'll be 51, then it jumped back into the 60's, then 70's, then back again, then it went into the 90's once too, all over the place. Sp02 is between 94-98.

Scass
01-11-18, 10:32
How are you today?
You really do need to throw out that heart rate tester, it’s not helping you at all. You’re so focused on any twinge in your body that you start to panic, reach for some other should be reassuring but isn’t. And it isn’t because your anxiety sends your body into all sorts of spirals.

Ask your doctor these questions, write down the answers and then look at them when you are worried about your heart/temperature/breathing.

Shadowhawk
01-11-18, 11:52
I second the suggestion about chucking the meter. I have one (i thankfully lost it in a drawer somewhere, and just dont care to find it), and it is nothing but misery. I would test myself for minutes at a time, freaking out if i thought my O2 dropped, testing various fingers, etc...

Unless you KNOW you have a condition (which you would then know when and why to test your O2), it is only adding to your stress, and tells you nothing usefull at all..

mischamoonlight
01-11-18, 12:24
How are you today?
You really do need to throw out that heart rate tester, it’s not helping you at all. You’re so focused on any twinge in your body that you start to panic, reach for some other should be reassuring but isn’t. And it isn’t because your anxiety sends your body into all sorts of spirals.

Ask your doctor these questions, write down the answers and then look at them when you are worried about your heart/temperature/breathing.

I've made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow, it's probably an accumulation of a few things, hormones, over thinking, the takeaway obviously didn't agree with me, and probably should have avoided such hot ingredients when I have ibs.

You are right, I know, that tester is making me worse, I know that. It becomes compulsive and I just panicked all night because of that and the palpitations which I could see jumping my heart rate up and down on it, then in turn made me worse. And I've been doing so well, then took a funny turn, and not being able to sleep is wrecking me too.

Thanks Scass, I know you're right, I got set off and it's panicked me, so I'll go doctor and explain everything.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

I second the suggestion about chucking the meter. I have one (i thankfully lost it in a drawer somewhere, and just dont care to find it), and it is nothing but misery. I would test myself for minutes at a time, freaking out if i thought my O2 dropped, testing various fingers, etc...

Unless you KNOW you have a condition (which you would then know when and why to test your O2), it is only adding to your stress, and tells you nothing usefull at all..

Hi, yeah I had put it away for a while, but then started checking again, and after my funny turn yesterday after that takeaway, it was practically on my finger all the time, checking obsessively, noticing my heart rate jumping, stopping or catching, up and down. So I didn't sleep much, and have made myself even worse.

You're right too, it doesn't help at all, and helps even less when you have palpitations or chest pains or flutters. I've made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow, and ask about a few things.

Thanks Shadowhawk, I need to get this sorted, I do really well for a while, then something happens and I go into a panic and frightened. So needs sorting.

mischamoonlight
08-11-18, 21:36
Quick question? I'm having a bit of a tickly chest and occasional dry cough (that feeling where it feels like its tickling enough to cause you to cough). Not having any mucus, runny nose, or any symptoms like that, no chest pains.

I'm wondering, because my room in our house has a lot of mould as our landlord refused to pay out to get it cleaned because their isn't sufficient insulation, so the walls become damp in the winter and full of a green type of mould. Also, I have pets, dogs and cats, but this tickly dry cough has only happened the last 3 or so days, so wondering if it is the house, an infection or perhaps something to do with having to go out in the rain a couple days ago, its just irritating, and because I've been a little stressed and anxious lately, I don't want to jump to things like pneumonia and heart conditions etc etc.

Scass
08-11-18, 21:38
It’s probably a virus, there are loads around. Keep hydrated and let some air in to circulate - but not too much.

If you get a fever then maybe see your gp but otherwise I’m sure you’ll be fine soon.

Is this the place you’re moving from soon? Hopefully your next landlord will be better.

mischamoonlight
08-11-18, 22:05
It’s probably a virus, there are loads around. Keep hydrated and let some air in to circulate - but not too much.

If you get a fever then maybe see your gp but otherwise I’m sure you’ll be fine soon.

Is this the place you’re moving from soon? Hopefully your next landlord will be better.

Yeah hopefully we'll be moving in the next couple months. Yeah, I'm drinking lots of water at the moment, and I'll keep an eye on my temperature, took it yesterday and was just below 97, so normal for me.

mischamoonlight
14-11-18, 01:05
I got a weird sensation tonight. I got a sudden hot rush feeling in my head and then felt a bit lightheaded or woozy. I've been feeling wholzy headed last couple days, not sure if it's from the lowering of the propranolol over the last few weeks, now down to 30mg, and I'm not sleeping much either, maybe 4-5hours max but that hot head rush panicked me a bit.

What would it be?

Scass
14-11-18, 07:04
Just a head rush probably. Or maybe congestion from your cold.

mischamoonlight
14-11-18, 14:18
Just a head rush probably. Or maybe congestion from your cold.

My cough has got better thankfully, my periods are still a bit messed up (on and off and only light) but I'm wondering if the constant use and looking at the computer screen causing any of his either?

It can't be the medication, I'm on a lower dose now of 30mg Propranolol. And I use the computer all day until late at night (have to for work) so maybe being too close to it, or the long hours looking at the computer screen attributing to it?

Its not a bad dizziness, it's a lightheaded woozy feeling.

mischamoonlight
17-11-18, 22:51
I've been getting a sharp pain in the left side of my upper chest, I know I know, but I'm panicking when trying to fall asleep. Then I get pains in my left arm. It's very stressful feeling like this, or that my heart is beating irregular, that their might be something wrong.

Scass
18-11-18, 08:03
Usually those type of pains are anxiety related. Sometimes if you’ve been very anxious and gulping a lot or shallow breathing, I think it can make your chest a bit achey. Keep working on relaxing and you’ll be ok.

mischamoonlight
18-11-18, 22:20
Usually those type of pains are anxiety related. Sometimes if you’ve been very anxious and gulping a lot or shallow breathing, I think it can make your chest a bit achey. Keep working on relaxing and you’ll be ok.

Yeah, I've noticed I've been very stressed last few days, probably adding to it by thinking about my hospital appointment on Wednesday too. What am I like lol! It's not all the time, so going to try keep my mind occupied.

mischamoonlight
21-11-18, 01:15
I got a small scratch tonight from a stray cat we've been feeding. It didn't break deeply into the skin, it broke the surface though and it very mildly bled. We've been giving this cat antibiotics as well in its food, but

I'm getting a bit paranoid at tonight about infection from it. I'm having anxious thoughts about Sepsis again, especially after getting this scratch on my hand (only small). Is there a chance that would happen from a stray cat? I instantly cleaned it with warm water, and Dettol, then bandaged it.

I don't think he eats anything but the liquid food we give him. I'm sorry, I'm having a massive panic attack at the moment, and didn't have anywhere to turn to. Like I said, it wasn't a deep scratch, a surface one that caused a little bleeding.

I'm just having a little freak out about Sepsis, especially after seeing news articles about cat scratches and people getting Sepsis from it. Don't think that helped, so now I'm in this state panicking.

Scass
21-11-18, 03:05
You did the right thing by cleaning it properly and that’s all you can do. You’ll know if it’s not healing well.

mischamoonlight
21-11-18, 14:56
You did the right thing by cleaning it properly and that’s all you can do. You’ll know if it’s not healing well.

It's a little pinkish but I'm not sure if that's from cleaning it with Dettol or if its infected? I keep washing and cleaning my hands as well, and putting new plasters on.

Scass
21-11-18, 17:12
I doubt it’s infected. Pink skin will be new healthy skin.

mischamoonlight
21-11-18, 18:19
I doubt it’s infected. Pink skin will be new healthy skin.

Yeah, it's a bit stingy today, but I've an appointment with my GP tomorrow anyway, so will show them anyway. I'm just going to be more careful with the cats in future!! I've been keeping it super clean as well, and just keep an eye on it or any changes.

mischamoonlight
22-11-18, 13:16
Went to my GP this morning, he examined my heart, said it sounded all fine, my blood pressure is also perfect.

Explained about the cat scratch, he gave me a tetanus injection. Bit sore now, don't think I've ever had one. I'm not sure if it's me being a bit anxious, but my throat feels a bit tight.

Maybe it's just my anxiety about anything new going into my system.

mischamoonlight
23-11-18, 16:57
I had a Tetanus shot yesterday, I'm having a bit of light headedness today and my arms and legs are aching. I read online that these are some minor side effects?

Are they something I should worry about? Or will they go away? I don't want to start panicking about another thing!!

Scass
23-11-18, 18:45
There are often side effects with vaccines. I can’t remember my last tetanus but it sounds about right.

Glad your gp gave you a clean bill of health. Do you feel like they are supportive about your anxiety?

mischamoonlight
23-11-18, 20:05
There are often side effects with vaccines. I can’t remember my last tetanus but it sounds about right.

Glad your gp gave you a clean bill of health. Do you feel like they are supportive about your anxiety?

They are quite supportive, obviously not to the extent that I would need, but enough.

Yeah, it's quite sorenow where I got it, little light headed and have some aches and pains. Definitely very sore are where I got it on tbe arm, can feel a little lump from the injection, so trying not to touch off it or anything and let it heal. My mum said her tetanus she had hurt as well, and caused a raised lump too.

I was just worried about the light-headedness and aches was all.

Scass
23-11-18, 20:28
Probably they are worse because you’re worried about it. My doctor always said that if you’re going to have a very bad reaction to a vaccine it would be almost immediately.

The worse jab I had was whooping cough when I was pregnant, it hurt like hell and I felt quite poorly the day after. I have a flu jab every year and often get a sore arm/wooziness the next day.

mischamoonlight
23-11-18, 22:20
Probably they are worse because you’re worried about it. My doctor always said that if you’re going to have a very bad reaction to a vaccine it would be almost immediately.

The worse jab I had was whooping cough when I was pregnant, it hurt like hell and I felt quite poorly the day after. I have a flu jab every year and often get a sore arm/wooziness the next day.

Yeah? You're probably right Scass, and the area around only started going red today around it as well. I'll try take it easy, calm myself a bit. It's not debilitating wooziness, just makes me feel a little weak, achy bones and a little off balance. Going to try rest a bit more.

mischamoonlight
27-11-18, 22:19
I don't know what is causing it, but I'm having those lightheaded/whoozy spells again throughout the day. It's really off putting and worrying.

It's like feeling slightly off balance, or going to one side. No other symptoms, just that sensation popping up now and then throughout my day.

Is it blood pressure perhaps? Last week when I was at the doctors though, he said my BP was perfect. Then I started to think maybe from only taking 2x 10mg Propranolol quick release now would be causing it? I take it at lunchtime and then around 9/10pm at night. But I was fine until about a week ago, so I don't know why.

Lighting? Looking at laptop? I don't want to panic myself about stuff like brain tumors or anything, because I'll get worse and go into a panic.

Scass
28-11-18, 11:37
It’s usually anxiety- you’re probably clenching your muscles & not breathing properly, this makes you feel a bit dizzy.

mischamoonlight
28-11-18, 16:49
It’s usually anxiety- you’re probably clenching your muscles & not breathing properly, this makes you feel a bit dizzy.

Sorry, thought my reply went through, sometimes it looks like it has.

Yeah, it's like a pulling or falling to one side sensation (not actually falling but the sensation like I'm tilting to one side). It's starting to panic me again, so I'm going doctors in the morning.

I'm getting some little pains here and there in the side of my head, more like a little throb or pressure, but I only got 3 hours sleep last night, and now I'm fretting about aneurysms and tumors. I know I'm stressed, and feel agitated at the moment, so this is making it worse.

Im also getting this weird fullness/tickling feeling in my left ear, especially when I lay down, it really feels ticklish or full, and I have to hold my nose and blow out air to pop it and give relief.

I feel wrecked.

AMomentofClarity
28-11-18, 18:37
Sorry, thought my reply went through, sometimes it looks like it has.

Yeah, it's like a pulling or falling to one side sensation (not actually falling but the sensation like I'm tilting to one side). It's starting to panic me again, so I'm going doctors in the morning.

I'm getting some little pains here and there in the side of my head, more like a little throb or pressure, but I only got 3 hours sleep last night, and now I'm fretting about aneurysms and tumors. I know I'm stressed, and feel agitated at the moment, so this is making it worse.

Im also getting this weird fullness/tickling feeling in my left ear, especially when I lay down, it really feels ticklish or full, and I have to hold my nose and blow out air to pop it and give relief.

I feel wrecked.

Honest question....do you really not see your pattern here???

You have a very distinct 3 step process:

1) You post a laundry list of “symptoms” and fears.

2) Someone replies explaining it’s probably just anxiety.

3) You reply to #2 with either a more detailed description of your “symptoms” and fears, or generate a new list.

It’s fascinating to me that you can be so dismissive of anxiety while posting on an anxiety site. As others have suggested before, why not read and reply to the posts of others? It will help them while also providing you with some perspective and insight into your own thinking.

mischamoonlight
29-11-18, 00:47
Honest question....do you really not see your pattern here???

You have a very distinct 3 step process:

1) You post a laundry list of “symptoms” and fears.

2) Someone replies explaining it’s probably just anxiety.

3) You reply to #2 with either a more detailed description of your “symptoms” and fears, or generate a new list.

It’s fascinating to me that you can be so dismissive of anxiety while posting on an anxiety site. As others have suggested before, why not read and reply to the posts of others? It will help them while also providing you with some perspective and insight into your own thinking.

I won't deny that I'm repetitive, but that's always been my personality, and ocd, I feel like I have to explain tjings thoroughly or ill be misunderstood. However, I get what you're saying, and I do need to make more of an effort to interact with others who are looking lmfor advice or help.

At the moment, it's just been an up and downhill struggle at the moment, so I've not been through any other threads on here, and sometimes I feel like I'm tbe worst person to give advice on something because I'm kind of a mess myself. What help could I be the way I am? I mean, I've improved from a few months ago, but I'm far from 100% better.

I'm not arguing against your point, I totally get what you're saying, and yes, I know a lot of my problem is a massive anxiety issue, and sometimes I ask for advice about what I'm going through or to simply ask for help in how I'm feeling.

I'm not going to be defensive or anything, cause I know a lot of this I have myself to blame.

AMomentofClarity
29-11-18, 15:54
I won't deny that I'm repetitive, but that's always been my personality, and ocd, I feel like I have to explain tjings thoroughly or ill be misunderstood. However, I get what you're saying, and I do need to make more of an effort to interact with others who are looking lmfor advice or help.

At the moment, it's just been an up and downhill struggle at the moment, so I've not been through any other threads on here, and sometimes I feel like I'm tbe worst person to give advice on something because I'm kind of a mess myself. What help could I be the way I am? I mean, I've improved from a few months ago, but I'm far from 100% better.

I'm not arguing against your point, I totally get what you're saying, and yes, I know a lot of my problem is a massive anxiety issue, and sometimes I ask for advice about what I'm going through or to simply ask for help in how I'm feeling.

I'm not going to be defensive or anything, cause I know a lot of this I have myself to blame.

You’ve been following the same pattern for how long now, at least a year? And you’re still in the exact same place. In fact, you made a nearly identical post about dizziness in a separate thread in April.

So my question is, why not try something different? You don’t need to be a licensed psychiatrist to be capable of helping others. There’s multiple dizziness threads going on at any given time. Why not reply and let them know you also experience the same with anxiety.

I’m not trying to be offensive or rude, and this certainly applies to a lot of this forums users. But an endless cycle of posting > reassurance > posting> reassurance will do you absolutely no good. It’s like a drug....you become dependent on it. So why not break the cycle?

pulisa
29-11-18, 17:59
Why not close this thread now and try to break the cycle as AMomentofClarity suggests? You are not getting any benefit from reassurance and just continue to describe your anxiety symptoms ad infinitum..It's not helping you manage your anxiety at all and gives you a reason to ruminate on all your symptoms. Why not try something different?

mischamoonlight
07-12-18, 23:28
I was doing up until yesterday. Having bad chest pains, between my upper rib bones, above the left breast area, starting to panic its my heart or a blood clot or something. I know I shouldn't be asking, but I'm having a really terrifying night with this. I can hear a snapping when I stretch my back, between my shoulder blades, I heard it once in the front earlier.

It's like a mild jabbing pain between my upper rib bones, above the left breast area. Sorry, don't know where to turn too. It's not constant (the back cracking and tightness is), it happens every so often.

I'm going to go back on a higher dose of Propranolol again but this is freaking me out right now.

mischamoonlight
09-12-18, 01:25
Chest pains aren't as often today, had a couple of episodes I felt that sharp, jabbing pain in my upper left chest. Maybe it's to do with my back shoulder blade but I'm not sure, I worried it was my heart or something.

I've had a seriously rough week, so much money worries, pets, hormones, the car, so on. Only good thing that happened was hearing my mum got the a clear from the cardiologist, all her blood tests were clear, after her little funny turn, so that was the only good thing to happen. Now I've got pains in my chest that has me panicking again, and worrying.

Scass
09-12-18, 07:37
Great news about your Mum.

You know that your chest is fine, keep on trying to relax.

mischamoonlight
09-12-18, 21:00
Great news about your Mum.

You know that your chest is fine, keep on trying to relax.

I'm glad about my mum too, one worry off my mind, but now my cat has gone missing, and he needs surgery, so I've had another worry come in place of another.

Probably, it just gets me worried and panics me that its my heart, or something else, or its irregular. It's a mild jabbing pain, like someone poking you in the top of your chest. Doesn't happen all day, just now and then. My shoulder blade though, that snaps everytime I stretch my shoulder blades back, that does be sore now.

Fishmanpa
10-12-18, 01:32
You’ve been following the same pattern for how long now, at least a year? And you’re still in the exact same place. In fact, you made a nearly identical post about dizziness in a separate thread in April.

So my question is, why not try something different? You don’t need to be a licensed psychiatrist to be capable of helping others. There’s multiple dizziness threads going on at any given time. Why not reply and let them know you also experience the same with anxiety.

I’m not trying to be offensive or rude, and this certainly applies to a lot of this forums users. But an endless cycle of posting > reassurance > posting> reassurance will do you absolutely no good. It’s like a drug....you become dependent on it. So why not break the cycle?

Why not close this thread now and try to break the cycle as AMomentofClarity suggests? You are not getting any benefit from reassurance and just continue to describe your anxiety symptoms ad infinitum..It's not helping you manage your anxiety at all and gives you a reason to ruminate on all your symptoms. Why not try something different?

Bump

positive thoughts

mischamoonlight
10-12-18, 02:39
I've been reading articles online with women in their 30's having heart attacks and it's completely freaked me out about my chest pains, and even my shoulder blade pain. I mean, I was even having a bit of a cough there for a while, and that was mentioned too, along with lightheadedness, that symptoms come and go, and other stuff.

This is really taking a hold of me, I'm 31, it said its common among young women now too? I'm here going into a bit of a panic to be honest.

My hands are so sweaty right now.

jray23
10-12-18, 03:27
I'm new in this thread, but I just have to ask, what are you trying to accomplish by reading articles about people having heart attacks? There's nothing good that can come from it if you suffer from health anxiety.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mischamoonlight
10-12-18, 09:25
I'm new in this thread, but I just have to ask, what are you trying to accomplish by reading articles about people having heart attacks? There's nothing good that can come from it if you suffer from health anxiety.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It hadn't started with that, I just followed one article into the next, then started reading another after I seen the similar symptoms. That's how it happened, I know it wasn't a good idea, usually don't do it either.

pulisa
10-12-18, 13:48
Do you read a lot of articles about health? Really not a good idea when symptoms are such a focus in your life.