PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Throat?

Mel
26-01-05, 12:42
I was just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone, my throat feels swollen, but it feels swollen from the outside rather than the inside if that makes sense, I don't have any trouble breathing or swallowing and when I look in the mirror it seems normal, just feels weird.

Other than this I have been doing really well lately, and hope it continues. I have to go to the supermarket on Friday, the first time back there since before Christmas when I felt like I was going to faint (but persevered), I haven't been avoiding the place, I just don't do a big shop very often, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Mel

lainey
26-01-05, 16:27
Hi Mel

I had problems with my throat about 5 months ago, as if there was a knot in it! Went to the GP who said it was all to do with anxiety - called globus hystericus, by that evening it had practically gone(talk abput mind over matter).! lol

Good luck with the supermarket, I used to have funny turns there as well and it took me 6 months to use a big trolley again instead of a little one but I kept going in even if it was for a little shop. So I'm sure you will be fine and you'll be really chuffed when you have achieved it.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

jude
26-01-05, 18:56
Hi Mel,
Sorry I cant help you with the throat thing, but as Elaine says, its probably just another symptom.
Good luck at the supermarket. The thought of going is often worse than actually doin it. Im sure you will be fine.
Take care
Jude

Mel
27-01-05, 13:30
[quote]Hi Mel

I had problems with my throat about 5 months ago, as if there was a knot in it! Went to the GP who said it was all to do with anxiety - called globus hystericus, by that evening it had practically gone(talk abput mind over matter).! lol

Lainey, thanks for your reply, I probably didn't explain my symptom very well, but it is lower down my throat/neck, around my adam's apple, I have actually had Globus Hystericus before like you and also like you, once the Doc told me what it was it went away! This is probably just something similar.

seh1980
06-02-05, 23:44
hi Mel,

I just saw your post. Yes, I have the same thing as you except that I sometimes feel like I might not be able to breathe. It only lasts for a couple of minutes though..

Sarah :D

Laurie28
09-02-05, 13:09
Mel,

The throat thing is such a common anxiety symptom. It was first symptom - and I would describe it as feeling like someone constantly had their hands round my throat. it goes when you learn to relax. See it for what it is - just another beastly symptom but it will go

Well done and doing well - good luck with the shop on Friday. let us know how you get on

Love
Lucky

dette
21-02-05, 22:01
It sounds like we are going through the same thing. I feel like there is this big lump in my throat and I can't make it go away. It bothers me to even have someone or something touch my neck. I know it is the anxiety, but it is so hard to stop the What If thoughts. Is this throat feeling a pretty common one, and what have some of ya'll done to help it go away?
[^]

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 22:04
Dette

Try this previous post it may help ..

MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1957)

Nicola

dette
21-02-05, 22:54
Wow!!! Thank you so much for all that wonderful info. It sure makes me feel better to know that I am not alone and not suffering from some horrible illness. I chew on gum twenty four hours a day and it helps to ease it a little, but I am sure all the gum chewing is probably hurting something else, I am going to try the ice pops. Thank you to everybody here, ya'll sure know how to help a person relax.:)

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 23:02
Dette

Glad it helped - nice to know you are not alone eh?

Hope it relieves it for you.

Nicola