PDA

View Full Version : Two years ago i did an x-ray chest without grown

belal879
12-02-20, 00:02
So i did two chest x-ray each year .. two years ago and this year

I just discovered online that there are grown you're supposed to wear WTF ?!! How could they be irresponsible to not tell me to wear anything?
They strip me naked top and made me hug some machine

Will it be more dangerous now and i somehow has been exposed to more radiation? What does the grown do?

utrocket09
12-02-20, 01:09
So i did two chest x-ray each year .. two years ago and this year

I just discovered online that there are grown you're supposed to wear WTF ?!! How could they be irresponsible to not tell me to wear anything?
They strip me naked top and made me hug some machine

Will it be more dangerous now and i somehow has been exposed to more radiation? What does the grown do?

I get a chest x ray yearly, have never worn a gown for it.

Cptdebbie
12-02-20, 01:17
I almost always wear a gown for any type of medical test or examination. I don’t think it gives you any sort of protection though. I think it’s so docs and technicians can access places on your body, and so the test won’t pick up anything like buttons or zippers.

I think you are okay. The only time I wear anything that is supposed to protect me from radiation is when I have xrays at the dentist. They usually put a heavy kind of apron over my front torso.

Best to you!

belal879
12-02-20, 13:34
Thank you so much

belal879
12-02-20, 13:35
Peace of mind.
Thank you so much

nomorepanic
12-02-20, 13:42
You don't even need to wear a gown now - they let you wear your own clothes. The gown does nothing to protect you.

Fishmanpa
12-02-20, 18:44
When you think about it, the reason they give you a gown is for modesty purposes (then again, with the open backs, what's modest about that? ;)) Besides, what protection does cotton offer? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
12-02-20, 18:54
The whole point of an x-ray machine is that radiation passes through you and is detected as an image based on differentiating mass of your internals. Wearing a gown that blocks the radiation completely defeats the purpose.