PDA

View Full Version : Tight chest

Phoenixess
12-02-20, 17:37
I’ve started to experience mild tightness in my chest I say mild as I don’t want people to say go to a and e because I know I don’t need to go to a and e I’m pretty certain it’s part of anxiety I wanted to ask who else had experienced this and if there is a way to relieve this as it is bother some. It started on the left and now it’s more on the right. I’ve had it about five days now thanks everyone x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulisa
12-02-20, 19:41
Stop reading and researching about coronavirus?

Phoenixess
12-02-20, 19:59
I’m not reading about it I asked about right chest and anxiety

Scass
12-02-20, 20:02
Yes I have, and it is to do with the way you breathe when you’re anxious. So if there’s something really stressing you out (coronavirus possibly) then you generally tense your muscles and breathe from your chest instead of from your belly. Hence aches and pains and a tight chest.

PanickyGuy
12-02-20, 21:00
Phoenixess, the only thing I found that helped get rid of anxiety driven chest tightness was anxiety meds like lorazepam. Or some kind of muscle relaxer medication.

glassgirlw
12-02-20, 21:09
One thing that helped me was slow, deep breathing. You can find guided meditation type breathing exercises on YouTube. I know it sounds goofy but it really did help my chest tightness. Good luck!

PanickyGuy
12-02-20, 21:36
One thing that helped me was slow, deep breathing. You can find guided meditation type breathing exercises on YouTube. I know it sounds goofy but it really did help my chest tightness. Good luck!

Oh it's not goofy. Breathing techniques does work for some people or it at least helps with slowing down a fast heart rate. I do the breathing exercise all the time before or during a panic attack and recently I've been trying meditation myself. The way I look at it, couldn't hurt, right? :)

ankietyjoe
12-02-20, 21:52
The best way to treat chest tightness is to try and not treat each individual symptom that comes along with anxiety. Doing that will have you chasing your tail for years.

Slow breathing and mediation is actually the best way to deal with the underlying anxiety, as long as you don't expect immediate and long lasting effects just because you slow your breathing down for 5 minutes. It's something you need to allocate time to several times a day, every day.

In short, your chest is tight because you're not relaxed, so find your way to relax.

Phoenixess
12-02-20, 22:30
Thanks guys
Tonight is my first night I’ve had a clearer head for a little why so I guess it’s just getting my body to catch up! Going to keep trying the relaxation meditation videos I’ve seen on YouTube I did half of one earlier, Ive had a tough week for one reason and another so I’m learning to be able to relax again

glassgirlw
12-02-20, 22:34
Thanks guys
Tonight is my first night I’ve had a clearer head for a little why so I guess it’s just getting my body to catch up! Going to keep trying the relaxation meditation videos I’ve seen on YouTube I did half of one earlier, Ive had a tough week for one reason and another so I’m learning to be able to relax again

keep at it! Joe is right- it’s going to take more than once or twice for you to see results. But it will eventually help!

Phoenixess
14-02-20, 23:20
had weird horrible chest pains for months, which freak me out but ive discovered if i massage up towards my shoulder i can move the pain from in between my cleavage to towards my clavicle extremely painful mind but interesting how me can control our pains

Phoenixess
15-02-20, 09:49
Just has another really weird chest pain freaked me out a bit but I ended up doing three large burps it was just trapped wind lol it was right under my left breast!! Just evidence to show how strange chest pains can be and variant they can be and chest sensations really really bizarre x

Mamaof1
15-02-20, 19:38
Have definately experienced this. Found the more I focused on it I would become increasing breathless and heart rate through the roof. But it’s very common with anxiety. Send you positive vibes. Sx