PDA

View Full Version : No 1 Worrier

cyndi
05-10-07, 07:32
I suffer from GAD and also a lack of self esteem. I am always worrying that things I say dont come out right and I might upset someone. A friend recently had a bereavement and it is very difficult to know what to say in those circumstances, and I keep thinking I may have said something stupid or silly. I know I am being ridiculous but cant help these thoughts.

Cyndi xx

purplehaze
05-10-07, 11:15
I think most of us dont know what to say to a friend during this time and most of what we do say can seem irrelevant but the thing is you are there for her and thats what matters.
There have been times in the past where I have worried that I have said something silly or offensive but that was more of a confidence issue. Now I dont worry about it because I know that I am a kind caring person and if anyone does take offence, then the problem lies with them and not me.

Remember we can never please everyone so dont bother trying, just be your good kind self

IrishPrincess
05-10-07, 11:58
Hiya Cyndi,

I can be like that,i worry if im saying the right thing and what people will think of me,but hun we can only do our best and be ourselves.I don't think any1 knows what to say to someone going through a loss,I think just letting ur friend know your there for her,will be a big help.

IrishPrincess xxxx:hugs:

Keep your heart open to dreams,
For as long as there's a dream,
There is hope,
And as long as there's hope,
There is joy in living.

KittyKate
05-10-07, 22:06
Hi Cindi, I'm the same :)

Even sometimes my words dont come out as I'd like and I stutter and start flustering lol. I think its low self esteem and low self confidence.

Hugs :hugs:

Bill
06-10-07, 01:46
I think its a confidence issue and low self esteem. Also perhaps its because we care so much about people we know and those who are having problems that we blame ourselves if we upset them without meaning to.

If my father walked past someone he knew but hadn't realised it until they'd walked by, he'd worry they'd think he'd ignored them when of course they didn't see him either. He always worried about offending those he knew but then he was a very caring person.

I think it's worry that makes people so caring because they're sensitive and empathic. I wouldn't call that a fault in a person though! :winks: I'd rather worry about offending someone than not caring about what I've said!

Bill
07-10-07, 02:22
Another thought.

I think if everyone in the world lived with more anxiety, I believe the world would be a better place because to live with anxiety is to worry and care more about others as this site proves.

Anxiety sufferers should therefore not feel bad about themselves because of how anxiety affects them but instead they should be very proud to be the worriers they are.

Instead of feeling different to others, others should be more like them.

We carry our ring of burden as did Frodo in Lord Of The Rings but this site proves there are a lot of Samwise the Braves to support us on our journeys.

I for one am grateful to "know" the people on here. Nicola should be very proud of what she's created and achieved in this site to help others in need...which proves my point about anxiety sufferers! :winks: :flowers: