PDA

View Full Version : Still worried over als

Annelyslau1
09-02-20, 14:39
I can't shake the thought of having Als. I have had twitching for a week now, In my tounge and everywhere in my body. The tongue sympton is what has convinced me of having Als. Especially because I keep having to swallow my saliva all the time too. I've had few choking sensations when I've been asleep previously. On top of that Ive had congestion issues for the best few months so now I have considered I may have Hyperreflexia as well. My head sometimes reflaxes randomly. Eurgh, so stressed out.

Lady Penelope
09-02-20, 19:52
Sounds horrible. Have you been to see your GP? Maybe some CBT might help.
I suffered terribly with health anxiety for a few years and found a combination on CBT and antidepressants really helped.
currently having a bit of a relapse and back on meds and re reading all. C B T stuff.
good luck

Annelyslau1
09-02-20, 20:41
Sounds horrible. Have you been to see your GP? Maybe some CBT might help.
I suffered terribly with health anxiety for a few years and found a combination on CBT and antidepressants really helped.
currently having a bit of a relapse and back on meds and re reading all. C B T stuff.
good luck

Do you think I will have als? Did you ever think u had this disease? I've never had it so bad before. Im going crazy, all I'm doing is researching trying to get answers but nothing is easing my mind. When I stick my toungue it looks like it's twitching as well. X

Lady Penelope
09-02-20, 21:08
Well I am not medically trained and no nothing about ALS. I do know that anxiety can cause so many strong symptoms in our bodies. I have been to see my GP so many times convinced I had heart attack or stroke. I have had the choking thing also - my doc said it’s all anxiety and once I had CBT I could see that. Bit of a relapse now and back on meds. Good luck

Becazican
11-02-20, 01:07
I can't shake the thought of having Als. I have had twitching for a week now, In my tounge and everywhere in my body. The tongue sympton is what has convinced me of having Als. Especially because I keep having to swallow my saliva all the time too. I've had few choking sensations when I've been asleep previously. On top of that Ive had congestion issues for the best few months so now I have considered I may have Hyperreflexia as well. My head sometimes reflaxes randomly. Eurgh, so stressed out.

I have had saliva issues and congestion problems and twitching for 3 years now. twitching is better , congestion and saliva are worst. been to some of the best neurologist in usa no als. its our crazy health anxiety.

Annelyslau1
13-02-20, 22:21
Have you had twitching in your tongue and chin? Lit going out my mind :(

Fishmanpa
14-02-20, 00:30
Please read this STICKY. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?232384-ALS-and-why-you-DON-T-have-it!)

Positive thoughts

Annelyslau1
15-02-20, 11:50
Does anyone know whether anxiety can cause you to hit your teeth when you speak? I've been worried about als for non stop over 2 weeks now and yesterday I felt like my tongue went numb and I slurred my speech a bit and now I keep hitting my teeth when I speak. My als anxiety came from twitches that I had everywhere including my tongue and chin, n now I feel like I keep getting a new symptons every day. Keep having to swallow my saliva as it keeps being stuck in my throat and I can hear bubbles when I swallow as if something is coming back up and I've heard that for awhile now :( so worried x

Elen
15-02-20, 13:51
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Pleasant_thinking
09-04-23, 20:06
I know this is an old post, but did this ever resolve? Specifically the teeth hitting part? Are you ok now?