PDA

View Full Version : iron tablets

tam
05-10-07, 07:41
hi all hope you all ok ,not posted for a while.can anybody give me any advice on this.I was told by gp to take ferrous sulphate (iron) for 3 months as my iron was low,then stop and it would be back up to normal.I have done this but after a week or so of not taking i felt shattered again so took another month and felt better.What i want to ask is does anyone know whether i can take these all the time or not.Any advice would be appreciated.thanks Tracy:hugs:

anxious
05-10-07, 08:55
Hi Tam,

i'd suggest you check with your gp, he might need to check your levels again. If they are ok it might be worth taking some multi vitamins with iron or something, just to keep on top.
Still best check with your gp though,

anx xx

Elly 2
05-10-07, 08:58
Hi, I would think the best advice would be to go back to your gp and have your iron levels checked again. My daughter had a problem with iron levels and was prescribed iron tablets but like you when she stopped taking them was absolutely shattered. It turned out that her body doesn't store iron very well so she takes the tablets most of the time. I hope this is of some help.

Piglet
05-10-07, 09:16
It's always best to check cos too much iron is not a good thing!

My sister and I take sachets of iron www.spatone.co.uk (http://www.spatone.co.uk) which is really easy to take - perhaps ask your doctor about that as something to maintain healthy iron levels once they are up!!

Piglet :flowers:

tam
05-10-07, 09:28
Thanks all will ask gp when i go,what he thinks.tracy:hugs: