PDA

View Full Version : Fizzy drinks

phil06
18-02-20, 09:38
I am finding it hard to reduce fizzy drinks anybody got any tips? I end up feeling weak or restless and worry I’m going mad? So I go back to the fizzy drink

lebonvin
18-02-20, 10:34
What's a fizzy drink? Yous mean soda? Sorry it's one of them Brit yank gigs

Midnight-mouse
18-02-20, 17:19
What's a fizzy drink? Yous mean soda? Sorry it's one of them Brit yank gigs

Yes, it’s soda.

Phil, you’re not going mad you’re just feeling the withdrawal from caffeine and sugar. You can cut it out little by little but you’re still likely to feel tired and maybe have a headache. Or you can cut it all out as once like I did and just deal with the feelings for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WiredIncorrectly
18-02-20, 17:35
I am finding it hard to reduce fizzy drinks anybody got any tips? I end up feeling weak or restless and worry I’m going mad? So I go back to the fizzy drink

What sort of fizzy drinks we talking? I'm exactly the same with cups of tea tbh.

ankietyjoe
18-02-20, 17:58
Just push through it tbh.

Sometimes you feel bad for a while and just have to take it.

It's pop, not heroin.

phil06
18-02-20, 21:42
Thanks yes I am also trying low sugar biscuits to be healthy too but they just don’t taste as good as chocolate ones

WiseMonkey
18-02-20, 22:17

Start with a diet soda, many of them have stevia which is a natural sugar supplement without the sucrose. Try a diet ginger ale, I'm partial to them as I don't drink alcohol. Cut out Coke or Cola as they have caffine.

ankietyjoe
18-02-20, 22:22
Try fruit. Once you get used to it, it's like eating some sex.

I'm now more or less addicted to watermelon, kiwi, passion fruit and grapes.

MyNameIsTerry
19-02-20, 04:34
Your tastes will change, phil. I found this the more I trained myself away from sweet things. You stop wanting them as much and can find things you used to eat are now too sweet.

Just keep cutting down and you will soon get there.

WiseMonkey
19-02-20, 07:58
Your tastes will change, phil. I found this the more I trained myself away from sweet things. You stop wanting them as much and can find things you used to eat are now too sweet.

Just keep cutting down and you will soon get there.

I've recently given up sweet things (and a lot of carbs, which often have hidden sugar too). It's amazing how quickly your weight can also drop because you're actually eating less food. I've increased my water and also hot drinks (without sugar).

I used to have gluten free cereal and yogurt for breakfast, but now have stewed fruit (what's in season without sugar),and yogurt with walnut pieces on top... yummy :)

phil06
19-02-20, 11:21
I've recently given up sweet things (and a lot of carbs, which often have hidden sugar too). It's amazing how quickly your weight can also drop because you're actually eating less food. I've increased my water and also hot drinks (without sugar).

I used to have gluten free cereal and yogurt for breakfast, but now have stewed fruit (what's in season without sugar),and yogurt with walnut pieces on top... yummy :)

True I worry about the tablets and side effects I am on but being healthy won’t hurt to try that as I can’t be sure it’s meds

meltedchic
18-03-20, 06:40
Just be patient and stay focus, eat fruits instead