PDA

View Full Version : i need to get out

viv
05-10-07, 10:37
i have had a really bad morning i can not stand it, it is my 3rd day off work and my 3rd day i just can not go out of the house, it is so sunny outside, i would love to take the dog 4 a walk to clear my head, but fear of having a panic attack is very strong. the citalopram 10mg i started 3 days ago are making me feel horrible i hope they make me feel better soon.:weep: :weep: :weep:

mat74
05-10-07, 10:45
Hi Viv, keep calm and focus on positives!

I have just gone back to work after 3 weeks out of 5 off with bad anxiety and panic. Touch wood I am OK'ish at the moment. I still feel light headed and nauseous but a lot better than I did weeks ago.

Unfortunatelt Citalopram make you feel like this. I started on 10mg and only last week my GP upped them to 20mg. I have still had dry mouth, wobbly legs and dizziness but have been better than what I was. I have heard it can take 4-6 weeks, sometimes longer, fpr the meds to kick in. The first 2-3 weeks on mine were bad and made my anxiety worse but that is normal with Citalopram.

Keep with it, you will be fine. Now get the dog and go for walkies. As you walk out the door, breath calmly, concentrate on the weather and your dog, take a bottle of water/juice out with you and as you walk along do what I do, say to yourself "I am OK, today is a lovely day ... " etc.

Good luck

Mat x

viv
05-10-07, 11:03
thanks mat i am going to try and walk the dog just to the end of the road and back. see how i feel.

MistyBlue
05-10-07, 11:12
Wishing you well Viv. Remember they are feelings and it's so easy to be bluffed with the fear of fear cycle. You can do it! Take deep breaths. :)

Lisa x

IrishPrincess
05-10-07, 11:47
I'm the same hun im so sick of staying in i would love to bring my son to the park or go the shops,but i got through panic attacks before,and if i can do it anyone can.im bad again at the minute but i just need to get motivated.Its so hard i know but u will get there,just try to believe in yourself.

IrishPrincess xxxx:hugs:

Keep your heart open to dreams,
For as long as there's a dream,
There is hope,
And as long as thre's hope,
There is joy in living.

IrishPrincess
05-10-07, 11:48
I'm the same hun im so sick of staying in i would love to bring my son to the park or go the shops,but i got through panic attacks before,and if i can do it anyone can.im bad again at the minute but i just need to get motivated.Its so hard i know but u will get there,just try to believe in yourself.

IrishPrincess xxxx:hugs:

Keep your heart open to dreams,
For as long as there's a dream,
There is hope,
And as long as there's hope,
There is joy in living.

viv
05-10-07, 11:51
thanks for my messages xxxxxxxxx

valatpaws
05-10-07, 12:10
Hi
I have just had the same problem. Wanted to take my lovely dogs for a walk but soooo hard. I had had a few slightly better days but last night and this morning are hell. Good luck and try your best. I am going to try and cut the grass later but the mere thought is scarey!!!! Feel free to pm me if you need to.:hugs:

woofytalk
05-10-07, 12:53
What about taking a little field trip and going to the zoo or something. I love the zoo and it's a great way for me to get out of the house and conquer my anxiety with something that i enjoy. Just picturing myself with a snowcone in hand and watching the elephants puts me at ease.

-Rachel