PDA

View Full Version : Fell on my butt and scared I have a concussion!

scaredpt
18-02-20, 22:16
I was cross country skiing and fell a few times on my butt. I never hit my head but was wondering if I could’ve internally hit my head or something and had a concussion? I have a bit of a headache today but could also be because I didn’t sleep well. My eyes also feel strained.

nomorepanic
18-02-20, 22:32
If you didn't hit your head you can't have concussion.

See how you feel tomorrow but I see no reason for concern.

PanickyGuy
18-02-20, 22:35
I don't know about the headache, but if you experience any tailbone problems or spine/neck problems, you might want to see a doctor about it. Years ago I fell on my ass a couple of times and not long after that ended up with brachial plexus injuries because I also suffered the impact with my arms/elbows.

ankietyjoe
18-02-20, 22:47
If you fell on your butt hard enough to give you a concussion, you would have several broken bones and be unable to walk.

scaredpt
18-02-20, 22:58
Yeah none were bad falls, just tipped over on small hills haha! I’ve been told it’s par for the course your first few days skiing :P (and it wasn’t even downhill skiing which is more dangerous)

Fishmanpa
18-02-20, 23:33
Fell on my butt and scared I have a concussion!

Oh Man PT!.... I'm biting my tongue on that one ~lol~

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
19-02-20, 00:56
I think this is the funniest title for a thread I've ever read...

MyNameIsTerry
19-02-20, 04:29
I think this is the funniest title for a thread I've ever read...

Gets a +1 from me :yesyes:

I'm now on the lookout for "I've got a lump on my nob, could it be a brain tumour" for my bingo card.

On a serious note though OP falling on your bum can make you feel a sick for a short time. It's probably the safest place to fall on though as it houses the biggest and most powerful muscles in the body.