PDA

View Full Version : Sleep misperception/pseudoinsomnia

Kingdawson
20-02-20, 10:49
Hi all

So basically i've had bouts of insomnia for a while now (since 2017)due to anxiety which come and go but for the last week (with the help of my missus) i have been slowly realising something.

She has been recording me snoring this past week in times where i was absolutely sure i didn't sleep. It's so odd. I also have times where i would dream about not sleeping...like i'm lying in my bed tossing and turning but i am actually dreaming.

I usually feel ok the next day which wouldn't be the case if i was getting the small amount of sleep i thought i was getting so been researching stuff and sure enough i think i often get bouts of sleep misperception which i am relieved about. It's apparently very common amongst anxiety sufferers. Our body is getting the adequate rest but our brain is still active (i also get hypnic jerks a bit which also makes sense).

I just wanted to post this because i wanted a positive thread where maybe others are dealing with this. Yesterday was really an eye opener for me.

RadioGaGa
20-02-20, 22:01
Hi

I have never heard of "pseudo insomnia", but I have experienced exactly what you described in your second paragraph.

Nothing to worry about, I've had it for years and I'm fine

Hope this helps

Kingdawson
20-02-20, 22:24
Hi

I have never heard of "pseudo insomnia", but I have experienced exactly what you described in your second paragraph.

Nothing to worry about, I've had it for years and I'm fine

Hope this helps

Pseudo insomnia is basically thinking you haven't slept when you have.

Which part do you experience? The hypnic jerks?